Jim

[TC14] Technic Theme Park Contest - Entry Topic

TECHNIC THEME PARK CONTEST

CONTEST INFORMATION

More information about the contest can be found in the general discussion topic.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?

Please take a careful look at the rules before posting in this topic. Each participant is obliged to create a post in this entry topic. Posts need to follow the rules stated below. Posts not following the rules will be disqualified so please read them carefully.

ENTRY POST

The entry post in this topic needs to contain:

• Entry name
  • One or more images (max 3).  You can have combined pictures (4 in 1) as long as the picture isn't bigger than 1024x1024.
  • Embedded video (mandatory)
  • Link to the discussion topic

IMPORTANT

This topic should be used for entries only, so commenting is prohibited. Please use the general discussion topic for...well, general discussion on the contest, and individual discussion topics to comment on the individual entries.

1. 3D DIZZY

Well here ya go lads!:wink:

LINK TO BUILD TOPIC

All things together, I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out!
It got WAY bigger than I originally intended, but that's what you get when you go with technic figure scale I guess :laugh:

Getting something THIS big and heavy to move fast and fluently with LEGO was a huge technical challenge! I must have build and rebuilt the drive system 5 times before it was strong enough and another 5 times  before it stopped destroying gears!
LBH 90x59x47 CM and weighs 7.2KG 
LBH 54x24x19 INCH and weighs 15.8 pounds

In total I used:

14 motors:

5X PF-XLmotors
6x PF-L motor 
1x PF-M motor 
1x PF-servo motor
1x 9v micro motor
4x PF-lights
5x SBrick's
5x PF battery boxes

PIjhtn8.jpg

SJft7lf.jpg

2O2Udzs.jpg

2. EXPLORER

Build topic

Materials used: about 1/3 to 1/2 of a 42055 set.

The single XL motor drives the center module as well as a linear actuator in the middle. The 'wheel' is driven indirectly by a gear against the lower yellow circle.

3. DROP TOWER

(TOPIC)

44313576312_c97d33d68a_c.jpg%5B  44313577512_1c9f2c6265_c.jpg  44313578682_c0ec41ba22_c.jpg

The tower is fully automatic, it operates with 2 motors, 1 M and 1 XL, it uses an old Pole Reversing Switch (970653-1) to toggle rotation.
It has two modules one support and one with the chairs, the first serves to raise the second as well as to alternate the rotations, the second will rotate as it rises and is in free fall when it reaches the top.
Inside the towers there is a set of counterweights that are triggered during freefall to soften it.
The rotation alteration automatically deactivates the opening and closing of the doors.
The cycle repeats indefinitely.

4. Dance

Build topic

It's my first MOC / C model / Lego contest. :sweet:

C model of 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator

It is inspired by this ride.

The structure and each branch rotate.
The seats rotate thanks to the centrifugal force: the weight on the back of the seats and the inclination of the ride varies the rotation speed. The direction rotation of the seats can even change.

1024x769.jpg

1024x769.jpg

1024x769.jpg

5. Excalibur

excalibur_2.jpg

excalibur_6.jpg

excalibur_14.jpg

Excalibur is a Top Spin ride, inspired by Excalibur at Walibi Holland, but with independent arms.

Functions:

• Motorized rotation of left swingarm (left swingarm has a hinge to accomodate free movement of all three motorized functions)
  • Motorized rotation of right swingarm (independent)
  • Motorized rotation of the bench along its axis
  • Manual raising and lowering of the movable floor, entrance and exit
  • Manual opening and closing of the gates and restraints (coupled if the movable floor is raised)
  • All 5 functions, and the battery switch, are opareted from the front operator panel
  • 100.00% pure Lego. No SBricks, rubber bands etc.

See also the discussion topic:

6. The WHIP

At the start of this competition I knew exactly what I wanted to build, a Technic Figure scaled version of a ride I loved as a kid ... The American Whip. The original opened in 1914 at Coney Island, NY, mine was in the seaside town I grew up in.

43705547484_63b81f2a64_b.jpg

43518026475_183c88dbc1_b.jpg

Tech Specs:

Operated by an IR Speed Remote driving Unimog wheels powered by 2 x PF XL motors

It’s a staggering 161 studs long by 73 studs wide, excluding the control booth!

7 numbered cars for ultimate enjoyment

43518027455_45fcee0da7_b.jpg

Thread:

Enjoy, Seasider

7. DOUBLE DISTORTION

2018-09-03-17-48-23

Enter the realm of red and black with DOUBLE DISTORTION!

This ride is one for real thrill-seekers. It combines rotation, up and down motion, and a thrilling orientation change. 

The mechanism is all controlled by a single motor, which controls more than just rotational motion. There is a multi-directional gearbox which controls the up-down motion of the arms.

As well, this model is a C model of 42043. It uses about 1700 parts or around 60% of the set's parts. It's a break from 42055 I guess :excited:

Enough talking: here's the video!

There's an abundance of details, including a sign, a ticket-taker/operator's seat, a covered platform with a safety line, railings, and everything is minifig scale (or just about). The seats are minifig-compatible and have working restraints.

More pictures:

2018-09-03-17-58-41

2018-09-03-17-55-23

So that's my entry. I hope you enjoy and vote!

BbBT

P.S link to discussion topic: 

8. The Zapper

An old ride, with a new twist - literally!

800x600.jpg

Quick stats:

• Height (to top of support structure):  30 studs (24cm / 9.45")
  • Width:  32 studs (25.6cm / 10")
  • Depth:  34.5 studs (27.6cm / 10.86")
  • Weight (with batteries and passengers): 1968g - yes, that really is the exact weight! (check out the discussion topic below to find out more :wink:)

Video:

More photos:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Find out more about this MOC, and share you're thoughts in the discussion topic :wink::

9. Catapultanium

Might not be the best possible, but I got it done. Hopefully it still is a cool ride and had a lot of fun with it. Thanks if this gets a vote from you!

• Launch system
  • Garurdrails
  • Car

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Video: (Faded a lot)

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/163043-tc14-catapultanium/

10. Acrophobia

Topic

This is a fully automated drop tower driven by only one PF L-motor. The ride with room for 12 mini figures ascend all the to the top of the more than 1 meter tall tower, waits for a few seconds and then falls freely towards the ground. This cycle will repeat until the battery box is turned off, and requires no manual input at all. 

main.jpg

img_0063.jpg

I'm sorry about the color explosion. I had just about enough time to get everything to work, and didn't have time to change the colors. 

img_0071.jpg

11. Sky Wheel

With little to no time left to spare, may I present my TC14 entry

It is fully functional, just like the real ride!!

600x800.jpg

It even works for the larger minifigures!!

600x800.jpg

Thanks for reading