Jim

[TC14] Technic Theme Park Contest - Information Topic - Deadline 7th of September

Still no topics. I could start, but maybe it is still too early, because there is just some digital sketch

640x440.jpg

P.S. Awesome contest!

2 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Still no topics. I could start, but maybe it is still too early, because there is just some digital sketch

This is definitely okay for a WIP topic. I recommend starting one, to separate the discussions/conversations.

Great topic for a contest. It almost feels a little familiar to me (Tc12) but hopefully I’ll do a better carni ride this time. 

Look forward to everyone’s entries. 

Nice contest!
I might just enter!

God I wish I could submit this beast:

Ah well, Ill figure something out!:tongue:

I do hope some prizes will be made available!

Edited by shadow_elenter

4 hours ago, heyitsdisty said:

I'm assuming the answer is no, but can we make a water ride with real water?

Assumptions are the mother of all f..... :wink: 

I’d say the answer is yes, do it. Love to see what you can do. As long as you don’t use non-LEGO stuff for the ride itself.

5 hours ago, heyitsdisty said:

but can we make a water ride with real water?

Can't wait to see. As @Jim approved, You have to do now, but just with Lego parts, no 3rd party sealants etc.

Sidenote; you don't have to use the WIP designation in your topic. Starting it with [TC14] will suffice. Thanks.

Hello!

I have 2 questions about TC14, first is - can model use water in it, and the second one is about keeping water - if I will put model in plastic box/bath/whatever to store water and fill with it do this count as thirdy parts which are not allowed? Eventually can I use kitchen foil and mount it with bricks? 

20 hours ago, powder12321 said:

can model use water in it

Yes:

On 7/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, Jim said:

I’d say the answer is yes, do it. Love to see what you can do. As long as you don’t use non-LEGO stuff for the ride itself.

Which certainly means no foil...

We are currently looking into the water rules. We do love to see water rides, but it’s hard to contain with LEGO parts, so it will need non-LEGO containment. We will get back to you guys on this one.

I am enjoying the entries so far.  Unfortunately my work schedule and real life are not going to give me the time to compete in this one.  My last ride took 8 months to design, engineer, and build, so doing it again in 3 months just isn’t going to happen. Good luck to everyone. Can’t wait to see the final designs.

I love to see all the WIP topics! Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks for replies

@Jim When you will know the water rules please @ping me, thanks in advance.

I hope that putting whole model in a bath/pool is ok as it's not certainly part of it?

Since we do like to see water rides, I think we will be pretty lenient when it comes to using water. So I am thinking something along the lines of...

"You can use non-LEGO elements for containing and/or transferring/transporting water"

How does that sound?

50 minutes ago, powder12321 said:

I hope that putting whole model in a bath/pool is ok as it's not certainly part of it?

Let's do this! :thumbup:

I’d love to see a Technic log flume or  Rapids ride. So I’m happy to see a deviation here

1 hour ago, Jim said:

So I am thinking something along the lines of...

"You can use non-LEGO elements for containing and/or transferring/transporting water"

How does that sound?

That sounds great :D

2 minutes ago, powder12321 said:

That sounds great :D

Cool.

I think the rule is pretty straightforward and won't generate too much discussion, so I have added it to the first topic.

Just now, Jim said:

Cool.

I think the rule is pretty straightforward and won't generate too much discussion, so I have added it to the first topic.

Thanks. 

Today I'll start building, so a wip topic should appear on afternoon/tomorrow, I think my ride is going to be very unique.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

:thumbup:

Water rides? *huh*

Wow, you guys are really going crazy on this contest. I'm not referring to the judges, I'm not against allowing it; I mean the people who are going to build such things. I don't know, water and electrics… You're sure taking on a challenge, guys.

I think I have settled on an idea and will start building soon. WIP topic will come then too. As far as I can see, my ride idea is an existing ride type and has three independent movements so far (at least), more if the floor needs to move out of the way somehow, and I might add a release mechanism where I let gravity take over. It's inspired on a thing I remember my cousin once showed when I was little (in the studded age :wink:).

28 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think I have settled on an idea and will start building soon. WIP topic will come then too. 

You are most welcome to join :sweet:

33 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Water rides? *huh*

Wow, you guys are really going crazy on this contest. I'm not referring to the judges, I'm not against allowing it; I mean the people who are going to build such things. I don't know, water and electrics… You're sure taking on a challenge, guys.

I'm actually making roller AND water coaster as one ride, with one cart :D

I have some skills in using foil to make water stay in lego, i once make a fountain-river and it worked. Unfortunetlly i dont have pictures of it.

Do I have the right to submit this MOC?

Or does it have to be a new creation?