Jim

[TC14] Technic Theme Park Contest - Information Topic - Deadline 7th of September

I am a new member of theĀ  Eurobricks forum since today. I just saw this competition and I was wondering wheter I can insert my creation for the contest. Is this ok or do you need to be a member for the entire duration of the contest?

58 minutes ago, Brent De Bondt said:

I am a new member of theĀ  Eurobricks forum since today. I just saw this competition and I was wondering wheter I can insert my creation for the contest. Is this ok or do you need to be a member for the entire duration of the contest?

Hi. Welcome to EB.

To enter the contest you need two things. First you need to create your own topic, with a title starting with [TC14], so for example "[TC14] My Soopadoopa Ride". In this topic you will post your progress. When you are done, you need to make an entry (single post) in the entry topic. The entry topic will be opened later.

I am not sure what you mean by "be a member for the entire duration of the contest". You are already a member, so you will stay a member...for life :D

Looking forward to seeing your progress/entry. Be aware; it has to be a new creation. Not a creation you already posted somewhere on the interwebs or have shown at events.

Just now, Jim said:

I am not sure what you mean by "be a member for the entire duration of the contest". You are already a member, so you will stay a member...for life :D

I just wanted to know if I needed to be a member since the beginning of the contest. I'll create a topic when the first parts start coming together. Thanks

Ahhh I see. No that's not necessary, you are more than welcome to join!!

On 7/3/2018 at 4:46 AM, Jim said:

Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously or shown at an event/LUG meeting).

New as of when?Ā  Now?Ā  When the contest closes?Ā  I ask because we have an event the last weekend in August and, assuming I finish a new ride, I'd like to add it to my amusement park for the show.

Just now, esampsonite said:

New as of when?Ā  Now?Ā  When the contest closes?Ā  I ask because we have an event the last weekend in August and, assuming I finish a new ride, I'd like to add it to my amusement park for the show.

That is a difficult issue. There is no way for us to verify that you started this ride for this contest. Did you create a topic for the ride? Can you post it here?

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

That is a difficult issue. There is no way for us to verify that you started this ride for this contest. Did you create a topic for the ride? Can you post it here?

I haven't created a topic yet.Ā  I had started on a Zipper ride but I see there are already twoĀ of those so I'm thinking about going back to the drawing board and starting something new.Ā  If I post progress pics in a topic would that be sufficient?Ā  Here's a video of all my amusement park from the last show I went to so you will know that this isn't something I already had:Ā 

Ā 

Cool, thanks.

I will trust you on this one! If you can make a topic for your contest ride, that would be a great way to convince the other contestantsĀ you are working on something new :wink:Ā 

On 7/13/2018 at 12:30 AM, Jim said:

I love it too. I didn't expect it to go this well.

But I need to give credit where credit is due, because @dhc6twinotterĀ came up with the idea of the fairground themeĀ :thumbup:

ThisĀ :thumbup:

Ā 

Well, I think it was kind of a collaborated idea, and I really like what I'm seeing so far! Ā There is some neat stuff!

How are things progressing guys?Ā 

Just so you know, I have secured some cool prizes for this contest. Think 2018 2HĀ :wink:

10 hours ago, Jim said:

Almost done, Can the entry topic be opened?

I should be finished building in a week or so, I just need to decide how to decorate it... I'll be updating my WIP topic later today...

Hi @Jim, the ride is coming along well. I now think Iā€™ve got Europeā€™s supply of grey panels to complete the base for the track and the cars are almost done. So hopefully this week they should all come together and then itā€™s jusy powering it and hoping it actually works! ... oh and then a little finishing with a fence and stuff. Not sure how Iā€™m going to photograph / film it at the moment as itā€™s a bit big!

20 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

This is BTW my entry for the TC14 contest:

What do you think?Ā 

I like it, but we cannot allow this in the contest. We have clearly stated that the entry should consist of mainly Technic parts with some System embellishments. Iā€™m sorry.

I will open the entry topic shortly btw.

39 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

I should have used smiliesĀ :laugh:

Hehe. I wasnā€™t sure :wink:Ā 

On 8/11/2018 at 4:42 AM, Jim said:

Just so you know, I have secured some cool prizes for this contest. Think 2018 2HĀ :wink:

I lost interest in my build, we will see if I decide to totally rebuild something new and a little bit more interesting to me.Ā Ā 

All TC14 topics: (15) + Withdrawn ones:

*I did not put mine on top because its mine, but because It was one of the first in order of posted, but the order got mixed.

I\m actually trying to finish mine by next Sunday (August 26), because my home LUG is holding a meeting that day and I want to showcase the MOC there. (For those interested and near the Netherlands, seeĀ https://www.facebook.com/lowlug )

As an advantage, finishing early gives me some time to shoot a video (the part I dislike the most).

36 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I\m actually trying to finish mine by next Sunday (August 26), because my home LUG is holding a meeting that day and I want to showcase the MOC there. (For those interested and near the Netherlands, seeĀ https://www.facebook.com/lowlug )

Ā 

Carefull showing itĀ before voting takes placeĀ might invalidate your entry.

Edited by Doug72