Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[FB ESL] MCTC carrack Eslandita

The latest addition to the MCTC merchant fleet: the carrack Eslandita.

01_profile_qtr.jpg

Here's a quick look around her.

The characteristic high forecastle and bowsprit:

03_front_low.jpg

04_foremast.jpg

The crewmen handling this cargo are glad to be out in the open, away from the low clearance below decks:

05_cargo.jpg

Sailors scale the rigging of the mainmast:

06_rigging.jpg

The carrack has a tall superstructure fore and aft:

07_qtr_deck.jpg

A bird's eye view:

08_above.jpg

From the stern quarter:

09_rear_qtr.jpg

Additional images:

Spoiler

02_front_qtr.jpg

10_stern_full.jpg

99_profile.jpg

Similar to my Hidalga, but with a black-on-brown hull and more of those shield-like teeth pieces. I also approached construction of the bow a bit differently, and went with a more decorative approach for the stern windows.

All C&C welcome.

Awesome carrack Capt Wolf. Her shape is lovely and those tooth pieces are a real stand out feature that perfects the entire build. One of my favourite ships in quite a while. Well done!

You've really pumped the vessels out Wolf, but that hasn't caused any issues with quality. The Teeth pieces are a great differentiation between the other ships. Great work!

That's a fine ship you have here, capt. Wolf. I think you've captured the look of a carrack quite well, and the sails look good too.

Those tooth pieces give this ship a real flair!  Always love your printed sails too!

Definitely one of your best ships!!! Size and shape are amazing and I really like those decorative colorful teeth you used!

Thanks to everyone for the comments! Much appreciated.

As everyone has mentioned, the tooth pieces really help give this ship its character.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:16 AM, Bodi said:

I think you've captured the look of a carrack quite well

Thanks. The high forecastle and bowsprit are key to that, I think.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, Ayrlego said:

One of my favourite ships in quite a while. Well done!

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Definitely one of your best ships!!!

Thank you very much, both of you!

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I really am loving this bow ... Think you could do a how to?

It's not all that complicated. On this one I used hinged bricks to create the curve, whereas on my previous one I used wedge bricks of various angles. The key is that the railings with the line of teeth/shields are only locked down on a couple of studs (one at either end), and otherwise float over the deck tiles. There are wedge plates under the deck tiling, and they were harder to fasten securely on this one because I can't use the hinged bricks as an anchor point the way I could use the wedge bricks (the inverse slopes of the bow are the main attachment point on this one). Dark colors and careful photo angles are also important, because the jagged edge of the tiles along the outer angled edge have to be hidden, both on top (by the railing) and along the side (by dark colors, overhang/shadow, viewing angle, etc.) I hope that helps.