Sign in to follow this  
pelle

ballast blue rail tracks curve

After a first post some weeks ago I introduced myself just some minutes ago under the right topic. I forgot about that the first time.:sceptic:

I'm new to lego train and started to build the smallest of all possible layouts: a circle. I want to do this for a 4,5 V train and make a layout around it.

Has anyone ever done such a small layout? I have been reading this forum but didn't find any examples of small layouts. 

First thing I have to do is make the ballast for the blue tracks, primarily because I want to fix the rails to the baseplates. I didn't find an example of this for curved blue tracks.

Maybe this can help someone later: I'm adding 2 pictures showing the ballastplates that fix the old 4,5 V curves to the baseplate. The ballast has to be finished with tiles and other plates now of course. Not spectacular, but I wanted to share it next to my forementioned question. 

43136536271_923bd753ba_n.jpg

28267110287_10ba3d453a_n.jpg

Edited by pelle

Pelle, welcome!

Great question! I believe the blue curved rails are the same radius as the current PF track. That being the case, there are instructions for blasting track found under Resources here: http://l-gauge.org/wiki/index.php/Welcome_to_L-Gauge

Of course, you may have to adapt the instructions to your blue rails because the current track has 5 sleepers, and the blue rails are just rails. Hope this at least points you in the right direction!

40 minutes ago, ALCO said:

Pelle, welcome!

Great question! I believe the blue curved rails are the same radius as the current PF track. That being the case, there are instructions for blasting track found under Resources here: http://l-gauge.org/wiki/index.php/Welcome_to_L-Gauge

Of course, you may have to adapt the instructions to your blue rails because the current track has 5 sleepers, and the blue rails are just rails. Hope this at least points you in the right direction!

Thanks for your reply. I will check the instructions in the link. :thumbup: I added my photos to show my way to fix blue rails to baseplates. If you apply the first layer of plates as shown in one of the pictures then it is possible to fix the rails with regular 2x8 plates (as shown on the other photo). I wanted to share this so other starting enthusiasts can see that you don't need that much bricks to fix the early blue rails. With only 25 plates (two 4x10 plates included) you can fix half of a 180° curve. 

My question is if anyone knows examples of small train layouts.