Richpepperell

[moc] AT-DT - in progress

One set sorely missing from the Solo range is the AT-DT walker. I love walker, so I thought I'd knock one up! Unfortunately, official images are pretty scarce and the Solo edition of the usually excellent visual guides is a bit of a let down. Therefore I used some good images of a Hasbro toy as a reference, which I now realise is a bit inaccurate, so some more changes will follow. I'm pretty please with the legs which have 4 points of articulation, so plenty of possibility. 

20180630_21485320180630_21483720180630_21441520180630_214819

Edited by Richpepperell

Very good looking. I need to take a crack at one of these. Wish we could have seen it more on screen. How did you decide on the height? I haven’t seen any good images of it. It did defiantly feel shorter than an AT-ST. 

2 hours ago, stormtroopercaptain said:

How did you decide on the height? I haven’t seen any good images of it. It did defiantly feel shorter than an AT-ST. 

The height came from the images of the Hasbro version... And was also decided by the size of a 4x4 round plate cos that was the first piece I picked up for the foot when I started building!

There are lots of images of the Hasbro version (which isn't totally screen accurate here https://www.flickr.com/gp/richpepperell101/2u84m8