Darnok

[COR WTC] The Paradise Isles Cup

The Wayfarer Trading Company is proud to host the Paradise Isles Cup, played out between the Red Rogues from Mesabi Landing and the Blue Braggers, a team made up of Oleonese sailors:

Q7Ev1o1.jpg

Have a closer look at the teams:

Spoiler

The Red Rogues:

I26DdcQ.jpg

The Blue Braggers (even though one team member arrived too late for the picture...):

EF50Qu5.jpg

(there is a full team of 11 players built, no idea why the last one decided to not show up)

Before the game started, and while the fans arrived and filled the stadium, drinks and snacks were sold...

EzDtQZL.jpg

... while the smaller fans enjoy the fun provided by other means. At the same time, even fans from different teams can have a good time together:

MRDmhNh.jpg.T9w27Z3.jpg

And while most people were looking forward to the match, some had a job to do that did not allow them to see even a little glimpse of it:

9LiMl6L.jpg

Both teams had their dedicated fans of course!

On the left side, cheering for the Red Rogues, were mostly citizens of Mesabi Landing. Some WTC Marines were looking for spectacular foulplays of course, while guests from Myzectlan on nearby Cascadia enjoyed the (for them) exotic food as well as the game. On the top rank stood Gonzo "Drunknok" Thompson, having a drink and forgetting about the next issue of the WTCM once again!

LINjotz.jpg

On the other side, the fans of the Blue Braggers had a great time too. One or the other might want to think about his loyalties though...

57IZHiu.jpg

Above them all sat Agnes Mesabi in her VIP lounge, guarded by a WTC Infantry below, rejoicing in the game as well as the many drinks available:

StQVBkC.jpg.VzcuDr4.jpg

===

Now on to the game itself!

The ball is with the Red Rogues, they are keeping it in their half for the time being. No need to rush, let those Oleon sissies come!

6DOP368.jpg

And they did! Brilliant intercept by the Blue Braggers on the right side of the field, attempting to pass to a forward...

BnxbAfi.jpg

... but the Red Rogues reclaim the ball! Now they storm along the left side of the field, taking the Blue Braggers defence by surprise...

pq6wSHe.jpg

... and the position is great! A shot...

eVMj6X2.jpg

... and GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

The Red Rogues score, the moment being captured by talented snapshot painter Mr. Wiggins:

HxA9hul.jpg

None of this matters though, since heavily drunk Agnes Mesabi decided that she was the one who should win the cup:

GZ9ePbe.jpg

===========================================================================================

Licensed as a large arts&culture property for Mesabi Landing.

This one was a lot of fun to build. I am pleased with the results. I guess at least the Red Rogues will show up at this years New Terra Soccer Cup!

As always, C&C are appreciated.

Edited by Drunknok

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

This is really awesome! Looking forward to some more pictures and such!

The OP has been updated. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow, nice one... Seems like you gain some time to built since a Korean team freed you from your TV screen :grin: (It's petty I confess :grin: )

To be fair: our team deserves the shame. They played three poor games, winning one of them only by sheer luck.

It does make the rest of the WC really relaxed though: I can just enjoy the games as they come. No more stressing about how our team might do the next day. I still watch every game, so no keeping me away from the TV here. :pir-grin:

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Drunknok said:

To be fair: our team deserves the shame. They played three poor game, only winning one of them by sheer luck.

I take your word for it... I don't watch football (I hate this game) however, your update of the thread is a welcome add-on, special mention to the goal picture by the snapshot painter :grin:

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Licensed as a large arts&culture property for Mesabi Landing.

May I discuss your choice... football is much more a commerce with 22 grossly overpaid dumbs than a cultural thing... but your choice is good too, it depends on the point of view  :wink:

6 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

May I discuss your choice... football is much more a commerce with 22 grossly overpaid dumbs than a cultural thing... but your choice is good too, it depends on the point of view  :wink:

Have a look here. Going by its real-life counterpart I would agree completely, but luckily BotBS is not infested by the vile scum that is FIFA (or its associates). :grin:

P.S.: The French team played an amazing game today! :thumbup:

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Drunknok said:

P.S.: The French team played an amazing game today! :thumbup:

again I take your word for it...I didn't watch this match too (I don't give a damn)

Fantastic build @Drunknok, the field is well built, and very clean. And I love the ending. :pir-laugh:

I forgot to upload two "wide shots":

Before the game starts...

VeKAJj5.jpg

... and during the match.

pz44i2P.jpg

Nice build! I like the dimensions of the field, not as big as the official Lego one but certainly not to small to make it crowded with 22 players.

I'm glad to see minifigs are so civiliced they dont need a dozen different refurees. 

Excellent build, the football field looks very convincing.

Great moc with an interesting theme! Go Blues! (also go France and Belgium judging by their quality of games so far) 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:37 AM, Drunknok said:

To be fair: our team deserves the shame. They played three poor games, winning one of them only by sheer luck

Nice build, keep it up!

As to football:

I think everything after the confed cup was "poor". We just hoped that they would miraculously return to form once the tournament started...