Sign in to follow this  

Hello all you happy lego people! I know I've been away for ages and I do hope I am remembering all the proper rules here so let me know if I screw up and I'll fix it or get rid of it. Sorry to inconvenience anyone just throwing that out.

Anyway I have been in the process of casting new custom pieces such as weapons, accessorys, Kits you get it and not gonna lie I do intend to bricklink I know advertisement is a absolute no no on this forum. I am not wanting to break that rule so while I indeed have plans nothing apart from certain projects will be mentioned here not even the name of what I speak of will be on this or any other thread I make. By the nature of this project being mentioned it tiptoes that fine line as is so please do not think I intend to advertise I will do that where it is appropriate I swear.

Ok a couple of my projects for this is to have a fellow create some new parts to actually bring some my kits to life. I am makijg rough design sketches for him but I need to know a few parameters of blocks already out there. First up is Pins and their brick plugs. I know that to ensure the pins like on the Astromech body the holes have a slightly thinner inside that opens up to a little larger section to allow the pin to lock in place till you pull them out.

My first question is a common one I'm sure but what is the diameter of the two sections of the socket the pin goes into. Next up deals again with the pegs and socket parts but this time in a lateral setup. How close together can a double pin tube like the one on the astromech for it's legs to peg in be with out interference on the pin next to it?

Well that covers the most pressing things I need for a sketch. I'll likely have much more soon. Can anyone direct me to a handy place to find the dimensions of bricks, Pins and such? I have some calipers but I trust them mostly with finding diameter of objects I think can fit into a Lego claw.

So that's about it for the moment. I do hope this isn't against the rules I mean I have seen custom brick and weapon threads before but I'm not 100% if this falls into that category as these are for 3D printed prototypes That I'll touch up and use resin for. 

Like I said if I made a mess let me know I'll clean it up ASAP. On the fact Everything is Awesome I do not post anything breaking the rules of the forum. It's against the instructions but we all slip once in a while. 

Thank you for the time and hope to hear some good feedback if this is indeed the right way to ask.

All of you take care and build tomorrow's masterpieces,

Plokman 

Hi Plokman,

Welcome back! Seeing as no one has replied to your post thus far, though I know there are EB members who can help out, I’m concerned that people might have been intimidated by your wall of text. It’s just a fact that people don’t like to read too much on the internet these days, even on forums like Eurobricks!

I also think that the Minifig Customisation forum isn’t the best place for your question because it’s actually parts related, not minifig related. Therefore I suggest posting in the General LEGO Discussion forum: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/5-general-lego-discussion/

Keep your title specific and your post simple. For a title, something like Looking for Technic Part Dimensions, and then get right to your questions in the actual post.

Our LEGO Digital Designer forum might also be the place to go. I never venture in there because I’m not into the digital stuff, but I imagine the people in there might know the dimensions of parts.

On 07/04/18 at 3:41 AM, Clone OPatra said:

Hi Plokman,

Welcome back! Seeing as no one has replied to your post thus far, though I know there are EB members who can help out, I’m concerned that people might have been intimidated by your wall of text. It’s just a fact that people don’t like to read too much on the internet these days, even on forums like Eurobricks!

I also think that the Minifig Customisation forum isn’t the best place for your question because it’s actually parts related, not minifig related. Therefore I suggest posting in the General LEGO Discussion forum: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/5-general-lego-discussion/

Keep your title specific and your post simple. For a title, something like Looking for Technic Part Dimensions, and then get right to your questions in the actual post.

Our LEGO Digital Designer forum might also be the place to go. I never venture in there because I’m not into the digital stuff, but I imagine the people in there might know the dimensions of parts.

Hey sorry for the delay. Ah I see my friend thank you very much for the info. I'll work out a good post ASAP for the boards you linked. I'm not sure if I'll have time to post it as busy as I am at the moment. I am to be going on a family trip to Florida very soon and I'm trying to get all my stuff I'm taking sorted. While I will be visiting Disney World I am also going to Lego Land and thanks to the most recent issue of the Zine I got a cupon for my baby niece or cousin (What is the proper term for daughter of a cousin in relation to me I think it's Niece but I'm way off track.) she gets a free ticket. Glad I got it it's the perfect excuse to make sure I get to go ta Legoland. That and a Arcade I've seen not but a short hope from Epcot.

If you google "lego technic dimensions" you get a lot of pictures of parts with dimensions on.