Hello everyone,

This is my new MOC, a 1:10 scale model of a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

IMG_0504.JPG

It has the following manual functions:

• HOG steering with working steering wheel
  • Fake V8 engine
  • Independent suspension on all wheels
  • Opening hood
  • Opening gullwing doors, operated by gears behind cabin
  • Retractable rear wing, operated by gear on roof
  • Driving selector in cabin, shifts between drive, neutral, and park

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

Comments and questions are appreciated, thanks!

This car is action packed! Great work on the door mechanism and functions, but of course the bodywork is best!

One of the best I've seen of this car :wub: 

+1 for the colour scheme 

Edited by Lox Lego

Nice work, very recognizable.  Only suggestion is that I think the hood looks a little flat relative to the great form that you have created for the front fenders.  Also I'm not a big fan of the exposed liftarms at the top of the roof/door area.  Not sure if using a flexaxle in that area would add more of a r round shape to the roof.  Otherwise very nicely done!  

Very nice model. I especially like the shaping of the trunk with the retractable spoiler.:wub: The roof and bonnet are a bit flat though, have you considered using the 3x13 curved panels?
I don't know the real car very well, but the A-pillars do look a bit steep, or is that in the real world as well?

The car looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive with, so you captured that spirit very well I think :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Very nice model. I especially like the shaping of the trunk with the retractable spoiler.:wub: The roof and bonnet are a bit flat though, have you considered using the 3x13 curved panels?
I don't know the real car very well, but the A-pillars do look a bit steep, or is that in the real world as well?

The car looks like it will be a lot of fun to drive with, so you captured that spirit very well I think :thumbup:

A pillars seem fine, the C pillars seem to vertical compared to real car.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, KD123 said:

Nice work, very recognizable.  Only suggestion is that I think the hood looks a little flat relative to the great form that you have created for the front fenders.  Also I'm not a big fan of the exposed liftarms at the top of the roof/door area.  Not sure if using a flexaxle in that area would add more of a r round shape to the roof.  Otherwise very nicely done!  

Thanks! I agree about the shape at the top of the doors, but I needed the rigid pillars to support the door when it is open. Adding a flexaxle there in addition to the pillars would have made it seem too bulky I think.

13 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Thank you! The roof is pretty flat, but it is also that way in the real car. The panels might have made it look a little better, but would have made the doors difficult to implement and as such a key feature I wanted to get those right. The A pillars are pretty realistic compared to blueprints.

Very cool! Are there instructions too? I really would like to build this MOC!

Gull-wing doors FTW! :wub_drool:

I too have high hopes to see this model appear on Rebrickable! :grin:

She looks pretty good, and there is no doing wrong with a white+black colorsceme:grin:

I just wish it was in 1:8 Scale, I hate these wheels.

Why didn't you use tiles instead of plates for the headlights? I think they would look better without the studs on top :classic:

@lbrix @astyanax Thanks! unfortunately this has already been disassembled and parted out for other projects so no chance for instructions.

@Gray Gear You might be right about the headlights, this was a fairly quick build for me (about a month) and I could definitely have spent more time on those little details. I know the details are always a big part of your projects:classic:

One month for the whole model? Thats crazy fast! It took me me longer for just front and rear bumper on the car I am working on right now :laugh_hard:

I guess the problem is that I am a perfectionist, and because I dont disassemble my MOCs I have to be really happy overall to call a MOC "finished"

Wouldn't call being a perfectionist a problem at all lol:laugh: The purpose of building a model like this was to work on a few features of interest to me, specifically the bodywork and the gullwing doors. Outside of that there's not a whole lot 'under the hood' for this model, being a 1:10. Maybe in the future I will want to keep my models built, but like you say i'd have to be really happy with it overall, and not just happy with a couple of features