CopMike

LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron

32 minutes ago, toothdominoes said:

Oh, we tried. :p Not even 2 paired up are strong enough to hold that amount of weight. (3 Per hip at some point.) But give it a shot. Your expectations may be different from what we scope our quality standard on. 

What about the shoulders?

We tried 2 of those ratchet joints, they have too much wiggle. I made several shoulders that popped out with clips similar to the final design and rotated on a hinge to then pop in again, but the added wiggle of this joint did not pass quality screenings. See the ankles and shoulders for examples of the solutions we had to come up with. Normal joints have too much wiggle for a model this size, which is why I had to engineer ones from scratch. 

What about sliding one of these xiooyDD.jpg)

up and down an axle with a stopper at the end, Ive made some large mechs and combining these with ball joints can hold some serious amount of weight. Heres a WIP of what im talking about.

5yGemhS.jpg

Might put too much stress on the axles though and make them bend. And it would definitley ruin the look from the back. 

IIRC the instruction book that showed several variations of the design had one or more yellow lions with short fins.

With TLG now having partnerships with both Netflix (via Stranger Things) and Dreamworks (via next year's Trolls World Tour theme), would Lego possibly consider following-up Ideas' 21311 Voltron with anything based upon Netflix/Dreamworks' Voltron: Legendary Defender TV show? While I know the show just wrapped-up with its Eighth and Final Season back in December, is it still relevant enough for such if Lego wished to do so? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With TLG now having partnerships with both Netflix (via Stranger Things) and Dreamworks (via next year's Trolls World Tour theme), would Lego possibly consider following-up Ideas' 21311 Voltron with anything based upon Netflix/Dreamworks' Voltron: Legendary Defender TV show? While I know the show just wrapped-up with its Eighth and Final Season back in December, is it still relevant enough for such if Lego wished to do so? :shrug_confused:

Well, they did do the 80’s version that I’m sure many would consider not relevant. I could see them doing the new Voltron, so long as the original one sold well enough I imagine. I regrettably haven’t watched an episode of the show....yet, but I would buy the new version if it were to become a set. 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I’d personally love to see Vehicle Voltron (AKA Armored Fleet Dairugger XV) become a real set someday!