CopMike

LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron

9 hours ago, Artanis I said:

From the very beginning, the consensus was that we could not make this as a LEGO product, so it was my job to prove people wrong. To kick reason to the curb and do the impossible! By not giving up and continuing to smash our heads into the wall, we made it possible.

Here’s hoping for more anime to be made into LEGO sets someday, such as Gurren Lagann. And hopefully not just as ideas, but as regular themes as well.

Kinda bummed out at the lack of knee articulation. It definitely looks really cool, but where's the fun if you can't give it cool poses? Sucks that they couldn't figure out a way to do it

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Kinda bummed out at the lack of knee articulation. It definitely looks really cool, but where's the fun if you can't give it cool poses? Sucks that they couldn't figure out a way to do it

Yeah, I may have to look into a modification for this when I get mine.

I don't know how you'd add knees while keeping the combination feature. At least without modding the black lion's legs a lot.

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I don't know how you'd add knees while keeping the combination feature. At least without modding the black lion's legs a lot.

Good point, but I will have to consider that when I have it in hand.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:30 PM, Takanuinuva said:

I would think it should be articulation in the ankles, not the knees, I mean spread your legs a bit and you're not bending your knees at all, it's in the ankles and hips. Looks like it might be simple to add some kind of rotating feature to the blue and yellow lions heads, it might not add stability but it would give the correct look.

1 hour ago, canuckster said:

I would think it should be articulation in the ankles, not the knees, I mean spread your legs a bit and you're not bending your knees at all, it's in the ankles and hips. Looks like it might be simple to add some kind of rotating feature to the blue and yellow lions heads, it might not add stability but it would give the correct look.

That would be a good idea as well.  I'm going to look into both options, actually.

To be honest, I never watched Voltron when I was young, but even so this looks really fun. Will be very  interesting  to see how the individual lions transform to create the unified figure. 

By the way, here are two Voltron themed creations I saw featured over on The Brothers Brick, the first being a BrickHeadz rendition of the titular character, the second being a microscaled verison. :classic:

The Brothers Brick - Bite-Sized Defender of the Universe 

Spoiler
Voltron

The Brothers Brick - From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend... 

Spoiler
Voltron Lion Force

On 7/3/2018 at 10:47 AM, Bartybum said:

No knee too? Like the hulkbuster UCS?

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, deadRahi said:

Here’s hoping for more anime to be made into LEGO sets someday, such as Gurren Lagann. And hopefully not just as ideas, but as regular themes as well.

Yeah, or maybe a Japanese anime adaptation of LEGO Exo Force or the Mata-Nui timeline of Bionicle! I'd love to see an anime based on a LEGO property.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, MatthewRC said:

Yeah, or maybe a Japanese anime adaptation of LEGO Exo Force or the Mata-Nui timeline of Bionicle! I'd love to see an anime based on a LEGO property.

Yes!

You know, if they just adapted James Bond, there is no telling what animes (or other Japanese media) they could adapt...

I live in Germany, and I "re-discovered" Voltron a few years ago (pretty sure I already watched it once back then when it was on TV, but I confused it for a Saber Rider sequel) thanks to a hilarious new German dub by Anime House. I'm also a huge fan of the new series on Netflix.

The price tag kind of turns me off, but otherwise, that set looks pretty awesome.

I loved the show as a kid. This and StarBlazers. and maybe a little Battle of the Planets.

The build is really structurally sound and stable. Brixtar motorized the legs so you can drive your Voltron around.

26 minutes ago, Sinthoras said:

The build is really structurally sound and stable. Brixtar motorized the legs so you can drive your Voltron around.

That's a pretty sweet idea.  I love it.

Shame the black lion has to part form to combine. 

I wonder why they didn't try using these for the hip and shoulder transformation 

https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/85/44224.png

https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/86/44225.png

I might try modding the hips and shoulders on the black lion when I get him to see if those joints can work.

Edited by Takanuinuva

On 7/21/2018 at 7:21 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Shame the black lion has to part form to combine. 

I wonder why they didn't try using these for the hip and shoulder transformation 

https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/85/44224.png

https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/86/44225.png

I might try modding the hips and shoulders on the black lion when I get him to see if those joints can work.

Oh, we tried. :p Not even 2 paired up are strong enough to hold that amount of weight. (3 Per hip at some point.) But give it a shot. Your expectations may be different from what we scope our quality standard on.