Sign in to follow this  
Stelario

Wurm Welcome

Love this.  The wurm looks menacing and the figs look genuinely terrified.  The landscape is excellent too.  great job.

This is a great use of parts that can often sit around unused.  Love the overall scene.

Good work!

Very nice.  As others have said, great use of otherwise unused parts, and very realistic as well.  I also like the landscaping and the subtle use of creatures such as the snakes and scorpions.

WOW!!!

- I got a Tremors flashback when i first saw this

Great Great Work!!!

Greetings!

This is exceptionally creative. It’s cool to see a fantasy creation that breaks from Tolkien-esque medieval fantasy tropes and instead takes cues from more contemporary, sci-fi influenced media like Dune or Tremors. There’s no reason a creature like this is any less valid as a fantasy monster than more traditional mythical monsters like dragons and sea serpents! I also can’t help but be reminded of one of the story arcs from my favorite fantasy podcast, The Adventure Zone.

The use of the drill stage/wheel pieces from Power Miners to construct the body is very inspired and gives it a nice spiny/scaly look. Much more interesting than if it were a smoother tube shape. The mouth is quite fearsome too! But I also have to give a shout out to the wonderfully sandy terrain you’ve constructed, up to and including the explosion of sand where your wurm has burst out of the ground! The curved slopes for sand dunes are a technique I will have to remember for the future.

Great job!!!

Thanks all for the kind words.
I was thinking how to use this "wheels" from few years, I have few other ideas and I hope sooner or later I will be able to present them.

From years I'm planing to build a large display but now I decided it can't be empty and I will have to build some monsters anyway. So Im trying to focus on them. :)
That's my second monster and I can say I'm quite happy about the look and I will definitely keep it.

As Aanchir said we need go out of the box and create some "new" fantasy monsters, so it won't be boring. 

Edited by Stelario

Everything about this build is great. The minifig poses, the angle of the pictures, the part usages, the terrain, the worm itself. I love it.