Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Am I the only one that isn’t exactly thrilled with this news? :hmpf_bad: We’ve already had two DC series before (which were mostly focused on Batsy of course, but still featured plenty of other DC figures), so this feels kind of redundant.

And doesn‘t this sort of imply a Marvel series as well, considering that they‘ve always tried to balance things out between the rival themes (e.g. equal amount of Mighty Micros, constraction figures, D2Cs etc)?

I don‘t mind the series as such, it‘s just that I vastly would have preferred Disney S3 or WW S2 over this :shrug_confused:

This is a surprise if true

Isnt LEGO Batman Movie 2 on the works? 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one that isn’t exactly thrilled with this news? :hmpf_bad: We’ve already had two DC series before (which were mostly focused on Batsy of course, but still featured plenty of other DC figures), so this feels kind of redundant.

And doesn‘t this sort of imply a Marvel series as well, considering that they‘ve always tried to balance things out between the rival themes (e.g. equal amount of Mighty Micros, constraction figures, D2Cs etc)?

I don‘t mind the series as such, it‘s just that I vastly would have preferred Disney S3 or WW S2 over this :shrug_confused:

No it doesn’t imply one. There can’t be a marvel series as Hasbro has a master action figure licence, and a long time ago decided that meant Lego can’t sell individual minifigures on themes like Star Wars and Marvel because it will somehow hurt their sales. DC on the other hand don’t have this issue, hence why you get the minifigures with DVDs 

TW.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I kind of feel the same... And Batman S2 didn't sell well 

And DC gets already gets several sets and minifigures every year

Let's see where they go with this

I hope this means we get a Marvel series, if this is true. Also I have a feeling this could be a Batman 80th Anniversary series rather than a straight DC series. Just my speculation! 

This news excites me greatly. DC is is where my primary interests lie and I've been waiting for this for years.

I'm absolutely thrilled, as I honestly don't really care about any of the LEGO Batman Movie figures and sets, which is strange because Bats is my guy. I simply don't gravitate towards their original designs and much prefer figures based on actual comics and films.

Edited by RadioYeh

This series will probably be comic based, i doubt it is going to be based of DCEU, if it was based off DCEU, it would because of Wonder Woman 1984.

I think its going to a mix of Regular comic based figures and some DC Supervillains figures.

Wishlist:

1. Batman: (A more detailed version of the Summer sets)

2. Superman: (could be a more detailed version of his classic suit, or the Kingdom Come Suit.

3. Guy Gardner Green Lantern: (never been made variant of Green Lantern)

4. Aquaman: (JL Unlimited Version)

5. The Flash: (Wally West, yellow suit)

6. Wonder Woman: (Current Suit from DC Comics)

7. Martian Manhunter

Those are the only ones that I could come up with at the top of my head.

If this was a batman series, I could come up 40 figures.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

56 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This is a surprise if true

Isnt LEGO Batman Movie 2 on the works? 

Not 'first CMF of the year' in the works. I think this might be DC's response to the popularity of the Harry Potter and Disney CMFS.

I'm really excited for this. CMF lines always have really detailed figure designs and dual moulding. I'm 100% expecting a Wally West helmet if this is real.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I agree with you, there are so many more interesting licensed themes they could tackle (like Jurassic, Disney 3, Harry Potter 2, Stranger Things, PotC). But I have to say I'll buy every single figure if its based on the Arrowverse. Which could very well be what's going on since Arrow is ending this year.  

This video from @Ashnflash could give us a good idea what the CMF could look like if were to be based on the Arrowverse:

I'm holding out for a Kyle Rayner GL and some other obscure Leaguers. Another Nightwing based on Rebirth would be greatly appreciated as well. We've only had like three official Nightwing's.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree with you, there are so many more interesting licensed themes they could tackle (like Jurassic, Disney 3, Harry Potter 2, Stranger Things, PotC).

That's honestly just a matter of opinion. Personally, I couldn't care less about Jurassic World or yet another unexciting Disney series.

Any chance this CMF series is based on the upcoming Arrowverse 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' crossover event? Lego hasn't done sets for Arrowverse before (excluding SDCC exclusives), but a vague tie-in with various iconic costumes would be cool.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree with you, there are so many more interesting licensed themes they could tackle (like Jurassic, Disney 3, Harry Potter 2, Stranger Things, PotC).

I'll say that this series' success or failure could dictate whether or not other brands will give it a shot. Also, I can't really see it being the Arrowverse based on all the con exclusives we've gotten. I'd guess either regular DC based on the amazing designs for the Supervillain's game, or a series based on Young Justice. 

1 minute ago, Felkin said:

Lego hasn't done sets for Arrowverse before (excluding SDCC exclusives), but a vague tie-in with various iconic costumes would be cool.

Lego said that those Arrowverse character's would remain exclusive. I doubt we'd get an Arrowverse series with the main Arrow cast missing.

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree with you, there are so many more interesting licensed themes they could tackle (like Jurassic, Disney 3, Harry Potter 2, Stranger Things, PotC). But I have to say I'll buy every single figure if its based on the Arrowverse. Which could very well be what's going on since Arrow is ending this year.  

I wouldn't say  'Jurassic'would be a more interesting minfigure series as the main focus of that franchise is the dinosaurs not the people, so unless sticking a Stegosaurus in a blind bag, i don't you can say that jurassic park / world is more deserving of a cmf,

17 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I wouldn't say  'Jurassic'would be a more interesting minfigure series as the main focus of that franchise is the dinosaurs not the people, so unless sticking a Stegosaurus in a blind bag, i don't you can say that jurassic park / world is more deserving of a cmf,

I'm a huge Jurassic fan so for me a Jurassic series with a ton of (maybe a little more obscure) characters is preferable to yet another comic-based DC CMF, unless they spice things up by using different source material ofcourse

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The lines have never seemed particularly even to me- DC has more D2C sets and more big sets in general than Marvel does, they get more original movies and TV specials, they get more minifigures, etc. It’s only in the last two years that it feels like Marvel has been getting more sets than DC but I blame that on two big team up movies two years in a row that got 6 sets each. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm a huge Jurassic fan so for me a Jurassic series with a ton of (maybe a little more obscure) characters is preferable to yet another comic-based DC CMF, unless they spice things up by using different source material ofcourse

I’m a huge Jurassic fan but I just don’t think they could make 20 figures that excite me, especially after we got a bunch in the D2C. DC has a ton more variety and more interesting outfits and pieces that could be made.

I’m really excited for this series, it’s really a dream series for me! Maybe this explains that we only got Firefly, Ocean Master and Shazam as new characters this year, as next year we’re being compensated very nicely. :moar:

This is really interesting news. I just hope they give us a Harley with black and red Zombie Cheerleader pigtails. That is all I’ve ever wanted.

Huge news!!!! Considering LEGO isn't going deeper on other DC major locations like a Daily Planet or a Hall of Justice, a CMF Series sounds great so we can get minifigures without buying another Bat Mecha or Bat mobile or Bat Copter.

Moreover, it's a great opportunity to see lesser know superheroes or tie in some missing ones from previous times, like Kid Flash or Saturn Girl. So thrilled!

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

Any chance this CMF series is based on the upcoming Arrowverse 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' crossover event? Lego hasn't done sets for Arrowverse before (excluding SDCC exclusives), but a vague tie-in with various iconic costumes would be cool.

Doubt it. But it could draw loose inspiration from it!

The first two batman series were around Batman and his enemies so by the sounds of this it is a DC series so less emphasis on batman I hope. More lanterns I sincerely hope for!!