J4ck

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

This might just be the best SDCC exclusive we've had in a few years. A great diorama display piece with lots of little details like translucent yellow pieces to simulate lights in buildings, a water tower, and a great gargoyle piece that'll actually fit Batman on top of it. And the best part is that nothing is exclusive about it except for a sticker.

Though I really want to know how just how many black suit Batman torsos Lego has available for them to STILL be using it up to this year. That torso print has been in use since 2012 in multiple set waves, and it still has yet to be retired. While I'm really glad they decided to use that version instead of having the Batman minifigure be an exclusive variant like a First Appearance Batsuit, seeing that black suit design at this point almost makes me want for Lego to bring back the grey suit with the yellow oval torso that was introduced in the very first wave of DC sets, used for two Juniors Batman sets, and was then never used again (or maybe finally make an updated Hush Batsuit for the winter wave, please).

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

A bit off topic, but I wonder if they'll ever retire that black and yellow torso. They seem to have abandoned everything else from the 2012 wave, and it's unlike them to use the same modern print for 7 years straight.

 

6 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Though I really want to know how just how many black suit Batman torsos Lego has available for them to STILL be using it up to this year. That torso print has been in use since 2012 in multiple set waves, and it still has yet to be retired.

I'd imagine it being his main suit in the LEGO movies has something to do with it - sort of creates this feedback loop where it's a well-known and iconic Batsuit, therefore it's the one LEGO Batman wears, therefore it's a well-known and iconic Batsuit...

I'd also point out that the 2012 Superman torso is still in use as well, at least up through last year's Superman & Krypto Team-Up, but just hasn't appeared nearly as many times as Batman. (You could argue that its usage definitively extends to this year since it's in The LEGO Movie 2 - albeit covered in glitter.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I'd also point out that the 2012 Superman torso is still in use as well, at least up through last year's Superman & Krypto Team-Up, but just hasn't appeared nearly as many times as Batman. (You could argue that its usage definitively extends to this year since it's in The LEGO Movie 2 - albeit covered in glitter.)

Which is incredibly unfortunate. Each wave I would anticipate a new Superman minifigure, only to be disappointed. They've already gone through two different era's in the comics that LEGO has covered, while keeping the inaccurate Superman suit. I really don't understand what was so incredibly difficult about printing an updated design for New 52 and Rebirth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

Each wave I would anticipate a new Superman minifigure, only to be disappointed. They've already gone through two different era's in the comics that LEGO has covered, while keeping the inaccurate Superman suit.

It's accurate now anyway... I honetly prefer getting this one to the ugly N52 design. Lego likes to keep the iconic suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It's accurate now anyway... I honetly prefer getting this one to the ugly N52 design. Lego likes to keep the iconic suit.

Regardless of one's own opinion of the designs, we'll now never be able to have complete official Justice League's corresponding to both N52 and Rebirth due to the out of place Superman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only gripe about supes is that the game gives him the cape with the yellow logo but we got a generic cape, not that it’s a bad thing but still wouldn’t been nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

Regardless of one's own opinion of the designs, we'll now never be able to have complete official Justice League's corresponding to both N52 and Rebirth due to the out of place Superman.

To be fair, right now Superman is wearing that exact same costume. 

I'm pretty sure that we'll have a complete Lego Rebirth League whenever Lego redoes the Hush Batsuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, eldiano said:

My only gripe about supes is that the game gives him the cape with the yellow logo but we got a generic cape, not that it’s a bad thing but still wouldn’t been nice

And Leg printing... and dual moulding... and a Super-family....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

To be fair, right now Superman is wearing that exact same costume. 

I'm pretty sure that we'll have a complete Lego Rebirth League whenever Lego redoes the Hush Batsuit

That's true. But when LEGO was first covering Rebirth he had a different suit. Also, the Hush Batsuit is my absolute favorite design. I would be overjoyed if we got an actual figure. I usually emulate it by taking the original black and grey torso and just switching in blue features.

Edited by RadioYeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

To be fair, right now Superman is wearing that exact same costume. 

I'm pretty sure that we'll have a complete Lego Rebirth League whenever Lego redoes the Hush Batsuit

Well we dont have a Hawkgirl figure with a proper mask yet either, although that seems unlikely to ever happen

Edited by SgtKilr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Lol I’m so sorry but I’m confused? I take it we are never getting a new Lego Superman suit?

Lego has been using the same Superman costume since the DC Superheroes line launched in 2012 (except for sets based on the movies). It doesn't mean that Lego will NEVER give Superman a different outfit, but seven years later it still hasn't happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would you think/buy if Lego did DC primal set(s)?

Edited by J4ck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J4ck said:

What would you think/buy if Lego did DC primal set(s)?

I'd reeeeeeally have to be won over by the designs of the minifigures and the quality of the builds. DC has been my primary purchase since the theme launched, but primal would be a bit more of a stretch than I would make a necessity, especially as money is tight while my wife is getting through grad school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 8:22 PM, J4ck said:

What would you think/buy if Lego did DC primal set(s)?

Ehhh... the whole gimmick of the Primal Age line is that it filters DC characters through the aesthetic of 80's action figures. It's rooted in a very specific sort of nostalgia for that particular toy medium. It would lose what little coherence it has if it were translated into LEGO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 1:56 PM, Felkin said:

Lego has been using the same Superman costume since the DC Superheroes line launched in 2012 (except for sets based on the movies). It doesn't mean that Lego will NEVER give Superman a different outfit, but seven years later it still hasn't happened.

I find it funny though that Lego decided to stick with using the classic suit to represent comic Superman for 7 years (it was already outdated when the line started due to the New 52 suit appearing in 2011) and it managed to last long enough through 3 different trunkless Superman designs, only for the writers at DC to ultimately bring the classic suit back in 2018, making the minifigure that was once outdated between 2012-2017 be up-to-date again.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't that yesterday (June 23)?

Anyway most of the times press releases are around 15:00-18:00 CET and on working days so perhaps today. If the release is in August than it could be later since the Jurassic World D2C got announced 5 days before VIP release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Wasn't that yesterday (June 23)?

Anyway most of the times press releases are around 15:00-18:00 CET and on working days so perhaps today. If the release is in August than it could be later since the Jurassic World D2C got announced 5 days before VIP release. 

Good point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I don't care what it's based on, I just want to know what it's going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we considered that it might be a re-release of the first D2C batvehicle, seeing as that's what they based the new Batmobile on?

 

If it doesn't get revealed around Comic Con I don't know if it ever will be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

If it doesn't get revealed around Comic Con I don't know if it ever will be...

Maybe I shouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Have we considered that it might be a re-release of the first D2C batvehicle, seeing as that's what they based the new Batmobile on?

 

If it doesn't get revealed around Comic Con I don't know if it ever will be...

I doubt it. The designer chose to make a smaller version as homage to the 06 release.

It makes sense to release the 89 batmobile ( 30 years). But because its also 80 years of Batman they could do vehicles from other movies land or air. 

It would be great if they can release the vehicle movies like they do with the star wars UCS.

Batman does sell!

So many wonderful toys in the batcave!

Time will tell. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone notice in a Jurassic park designer interview he says he worked on an unsuccessful Batman vehicle. Maybe that was this set and it’s now cancelled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Whovastron I think that was in reference to the Lego Movie 2 bat-vehicle that ultimately didn't make it into the film.

I think that it's something else, as I'm sure that kind of set would have the LM2 number system and not the DC one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.