Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Borex said:

What are all those greyish silverish greebles in the batcave? Are they pieces from the speeding cars (i forgot the name) line?

No, they appear to be part of a new pack like the webs/blasts/bats/ninja weapons/ friend dinner stuff/etc it also seems to include the grenade like parts and the studs with bars.

Wow, some really fun new parts that I can see, including what I suspect is a brand new accessory pack a la Power Blast and Spidey webs. 

Not sure about some of these sets. The Tumbler/bikes could be fun, undecided. They look like they have potential to integrate into my Ultimate Batmobile, but I'll see them reviewed before I decide. Batwing looks unbelievably goofy - and that applies to everything in that set, not just the actual Batwing. Hard pass. Standard Juniors fare, meh, though the Arkham set is actually oddly appealing. Must be the sand green. The Batcave . . hmm. It's interesting for sure, but I was somehow hoping for more. Plain recycling of the 'transformation' feature bugs me, so does that pathetic imitation of TLBM Clayface. 

But the Batmobile makes me happy for one simple reason; they finally did one that's >10 studs wide! It's street-legal! It can run on my city streets and not force everything off the road! Thank you so much Lego! That's my only must-buy of the wave, though I'll consider picking up the Batcave on discount just because I don't have one yet, and bikes to reach a decision pending review. 

Do we think the inclusion of Shazam in this Batman wave means we will not be getting a movie set? It seems too late anyway.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

29 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Do we think the inclusion of Shazam in this Batman wave means we will not be getting a movie set? It seems too late anyway.

We won't.

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

The Batmobile looks really great, indeed a minifig scale version of that '06 UCS and a nice reference to Tim Burton's Batman movie if you ask me.

According to the set description, it carries over a mechanical function from the '06 UCS set too! :thumbup: *oh2*

• Batmobile features an opening minifigure cockpit with detailed dashboard, 2 hidden, foldout stud shooters, opening hood with brick-built engine inside, automatic spinning flame exhaust element function, wheel trims with Bat symbol decoration, 2 batwings and translucent yellow and red light elements.
  • The flame exhaust element spins around when the car is moved along.

P.S. Personally, I think the Batmobile from 2015's Jokerland set generically emulated the "Burton-Mobile" much more than this set does.

These sets put themselves in a very interesting position as far as to the different design choices that ere made and honestly at first glance I found these to be underwhelming. Looking at them more though they are for the most part growing on me.

.76118 Mr. Freeze Batcycle Battle:  The most  disappointing thing about the set to me are the figures. While accurate to his rebirth design, Mr. Freeze just feels so downgraded. The face is really good ( I would  even say the most accurate and fitting one yet) but the white arms and light blue on the torso just stick out like  a sore thumb and are jarring. If they were going to go sleeveless then the arms should  have been  a light blue color as his arms are not the same color as his head in the pictures (as I don't really follow the batman comics) that I could find of the design.  The Mysterio helmet doesn't really work for this figure either and should really be using the dome piece that they used for him in the lego batman movie. Batman and Robin  look  fine and while I am glad that you can get the duo in a cheap set which is an important thing for kids who want the pair but don't have the money for the bat-cave. I get why they  used the the spiked hair for Damian as  hair is spiked, while not facing the front, and isn't  long enough for the loyd hair piece. The best choice would have been a new mold similar to that of tracer's from overwhatch. Batman looks really good with the updated rebirth suit design and the head featuring the new white goggles design. It is also understandable why none of them have leg printing.  As to the set itself I think that for $20 it is a good value considering that most sets at this price point are over  the 10 cents per piece  bench mark.  While the batcycle may be over sized, I am actually really excited about due to the fact that it looks like the motercycle will be able to split into two. A feature like this would be awesome as  isn't really done that often in Lego with the last set it being done in being Nexo Knights. The Mr. Freeze vehicle is a little bland but at least they provide a vehicle for him, which increases play value, unlike the next set on this list.

76119 Batmobile: Pursuit of The Joker:  Out of the six sets this is the most puzzling as it looks like it was designed for kids but aimed at collectors. The design for this batmobile is most definitely inspired by the one in Batman forever and  the one from the Tim Burton films which is where tit seems to be aimed at an older audience, however the  figure are based off of modern interpretations especially with the Joker being based off of DC super villains.  The mobile looks quite honestly fantastic and is my favorite design for it yet however probably won't appeal to that many kids.  Most kids today probably haven't seen either of those films and know batman from the DCEU interpretation of the character, so would not find this particular version of the batmobile interesting as they more than likely wouldn't  have any of the nostalgia.  It is also made less appealing to them by the fact  that it doesn't contain any vehicle for the joker which rather limits the play. The figures are again good although I wish joker had arm printing since  he does in DC super villains.  The price for this set isn't bad either.   Right now here it stands though the set is disappointing. I mean Lego has advertised these as 80th anniversary batman sets, but none of them except except for this one really feel  like they were designed to be anything too special ( not to say that these sets are bad).  What is really upsetting is that this set could have been made a true 80 years of batman set, especially since a lot of people wanted a Tim Burton design for the Batmobile, but instead it feels like a half lazy attempt.  I mean if they wanted to make i truly collectible (which I feel is what Lego was originally going for)  then they should have made a Jack Nicholson  version of the Joker and Michael Keaton Batman, added a vehicle  for joker  (one good example while not accurate to the movie would be the Joker mobile) and add a couple more characters based on the film series ( especially if Lego didn't feel inclined to so in other sets)  such as Cat Woman, Riddler, bane, Two-ace, Poison Ivy or the Penguin.  The set we are given by itself is actually great but under the specific advertisement of these sets, it is just horrible.

76120 Batwing and The Riddler Heist:  The set for all it includes has good value and is around the price I would want to see it  As far as the figures go all of  them are pretty good. Riddler is subjectively the worst of the five of them. The design of the figure is simple but effective and the face works even if they should have made  a new hair hat mold as the printed strips of hair on his face look  to much like side burns.  The thing that holds back the figure is that his suit is lime green as it it would look better (and be more accurate) if it was more of a darker shade of green such as the one that the majority of the pieces on his helicopter uses.  Gordon looks great with his brown trench coat  and the hair is works well for a younger Jim Gordon. I am Just glad that we finally get a comic book version of him as the previous versions were based off of The Lego Batman Movie and  Darknight Returns. It is also great to a Shazam figure that  is available to every one.   The bank vault is nice and while simple so is the joker helicopter. The bat wing is very interesting. I think that the pieces used to help it look smooth ( the ones that have the four studs in a row at the top)  doesn't help the appearance of it at all especially when you are looking at it from the side. The GCPD car while looking  like a good build looks like it might be hard to put Gordon in their. Over all though the set has  nice play value for kids which is the most important part.

76122 Batcave Clayface Invasion: It is very easy to see why  people would say that is like a mash up  of the previous bat caves.  Batman and Robin are the same  as in the Mr. freeze set which is good for those who don't want want to buy that set. It is disappointing to see  a Batwoman that  appears to be the exact same as the one from the Batwing last year as that set ( which is only $30)  will more than likely still be on shelves making the figure a waist here especially considering  that we haven't got ten a comic book version of Alfred since 2006. Bruce Wayne while generic is fine and the plaid suit looks okay. As far as  the villains go, it's nice to see Cat woman using the mold made for her Lego Batman Movie figure and she looks nice. The two face looks good as well, however I don't agree with using the slicked back hair piece for him.  I understand why they made Clay face buildable  and think that for the number of pieces used that he looks okay. It looks  very wide and short which doesn't help the build at all. I wish we could ave gotten  an actual figure of him instead. The Bat Tank, or what ever the generic bat vehicle  it is suppose to be, looks like it will offer good play value  which is honestly needed since the Bat cave doesn't have much space for placing figures. That is not to say that the build is bad tough as I like  the designs as a whole. It is great to see the changing feature from the the 2012 model brought back, looking better ( besides the tan technique pins) in the dark gray color scheme with the brown elements which I assume to be representing part of the physical cave. The prison cell is fine  and so is the main section that contains the bat computer.  The reference  to Batmans treasure room is cool and the little work out are is fine as well. The biggest overall problem is the lack of depth. For all that comes in the set is is slightly overpriced and would be much more justifiable at $80-$90.  

The two junior sets are fine but easily passable. The Arkam should be around $25 as the main thing you are paying for is just a facade of the Asylum  and and  seems based on the pictures to lack an interior. 

Over all this wave is reasonably priced (or at least the system, non junior sets are any way) and have  builds that collectively look good as well, carrying a vibe of the original Batman theme.  I don't know if this is just me, but I also get a vibe/feeling that the set designers had originally designed these sets to be more collectible but for what ever reason scrapped those plans.

Ya know, if Lego wanted to emulate the 2006 UCS Batmobile even further, they should've found a way to incorporate 22483 instead as the windshield for this wave's Batmobile, given how the the 2006 set had what emulated an angled canopy. :shrug_oh_well:

6174428 7784-0000-XX-13-1.jpg

The Mr. Freeze set is an easy pass. I own more than enough thrown together Bat-vehicles and while Freeze's face and helmet look good, the rest of the minifigure feels a bit bare compared to his other more heavily armored appearances.

The new Batmobile looks great! I agree with others that it looks more like a scaled down version of the UCS set rather than a proper 1989 version but is still the highlight of the wave. The minifigure lineup is very lackluster though. Batman and Joker aren't enough for a set that size.

I like the look of the new Batwing set. Its the closest we've gotten to a 1989 version. The GCPD car is a nice addition and I don't mind the campy look of the Riddler helicopter. Never thought I'd see the day when we'd have Lego grenades but they're certainly welcome.

Disappointed by the new Batcave set. The colors and addition of the trophy room are nice but overall the layout feels a bit thrown together and isn't designed to be accessible from a minifigure standpoint like the previous caves were. The new Clayface build also looks like a step backwards from the previous TLBM set and it feels too soon for another Batwoman, especially with how long its been since the last comic version of Batgirl. Catwoman is the best version yet and Two-Face also looks good although I miss his dual-colored jacket.

10 minutes ago, wesker said:

The new Batmobile looks great! I agree with others that it looks more like a scaled down version of the UCS set rather than a proper 1989 version but is still the highlight of the wave.

Given how this Batmobile's "wings" were introduced last year for the Thestral in 75951, I almost wonder if set designers decided that this Batmobile would be based upon the '06 set solely due the introduction of that part, as it is a miniaturized version of the larger Dragon Wing part recolored in Black for the UCS set back then. :shrug_oh_well:

75951-1.jpg?201805260756

To be fair, the 2015 Jokerland is essentially the 1989 Batmobile. It’s very close.

this batmobile is really great, apart from the length, shave off 3 studs between the side tubes and front and it’s perfect.

the batcave is reaaalllyy growing on me. It’s like the 2012 one smashed into the 2017 one and then stole the colours of the 2006 one. A nice mash of all 3. Clay face is pretty bad, the movie version is pretty perfect to me. I quite like the tank, might repurpose as a sort of bat-drone thing. The set might combine quite well with the others. I really like the computer design, might be the best yet.

the batcycle set is really interesting. Looks like the tumbler, it’s unique and not an oversized pile of junk, actually looks like something. Mr. Freeze looks alright. Think I’ll take the head and helmet and add it to my current freeze.

the batwing looks great. I’ve never been a fan of the 1989 design, way too round, but they’ve pulled it off really well. I don’t like that the heli is just a recoloured ‘66 copter, but at least it works really well. The car is quite nice, looks like the batman movie GCPD car and a city car had a baby. Gordon looks great and I’m excited for Shazam (the movie is fantastic!)

i quite like this wave, shame there’s no new characters, but I think we have enough batman characters to occupy us for now. I’m Justin happy we’re actually getting some worthwhile vehicles, and a new batcave.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given how this Batmobile's "wings" were introduced last year for the Thestral in 75951, I almost wonder if set designers decided that this Batmobile would be based upon the '06 set solely due the introduction of that part, as it is a miniaturized version of the larger Dragon Wing part recolored in Black for the UCS set back then. :shrug_oh_well:

That could very well be true, especially since they already had the perfect wing pieces that matched the 1989 fins that they could've chosen to use instead of the Thestral wings:

28779.png

JANGBRiCKS has a great overview video here for all six sets, with a particular emphasis on all of those unusual grebbley parts ladden throughout! *huh*

I like the Burton-esque Batmobile, although I wish it had room for two in the cockpit. The rest of the wave ... not so much.

I like ‘em. The Batwing looks better on the box. That’s the set I’m most excited for, the Batwing & GCPD car, Gordon & Shazam! most notably. The Burton mobile looks good, but odd. Same with the Batcave. The biggest flaw for the Batcave is the Batman Movie stuff exists. This Clayface is terrible when compared to its predecessor. This Batcave is pretty good though, I like the “cave” pieces added. All those new silver goodies are great. Can’t wait to get my hands on them. 

Honestly, the only things worth getting are Catwoman, Shazam, Gordon, and the police car. Everything else is rather disappointing compared to previous sets and the LEGO Batman Movie sets.

9 hours ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

Yes, it is the transformation elevator, complete with the red phone, a direct reference to the 1966 Batman TV series.

No I’m sorry I was unclear, I meant the arm thing with the saws. I don’t know why I said right when it’s on the left. My bad lol

5 hours ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Riddler is subjectively the worst of the five of them. The design of the figure is simple but effective and the face works even if they should have made  a new hair hat mold as the printed strips of hair on his face look  to much like side burns.  The thing that holds back the figure is that his suit is lime green as it it would look better (and be more accurate) if it was more of a darker shade of green

making the figure a waist here especially considering  that we haven't got ten a comic book version of Alfred since 2006. 

The Riddler hat/hair combo does exist, as per the LEGO Batman Movie. And the sideburns/lighter green part of his suit are all under the Rebirth design

Batman_Vol_2_23.2_The_Riddler_Textless.j

As for Alfred, the LBM version certainly works for a comic based one, as unlike most other characters from the theme, he's not based off a specific version

I don't really get the complaints about the Batwing. Yeah it's a little compact and blocky, but it's a pretty spot-on rendition of the 1989 design that it's clearly based off of:

bat.jpg

Edited by MisterBatfleck

I'm kind of mixed on these...

Batcycle Battle is sort of neat.  The vehicle might turn out decent once reviews come out and Mr. Freeze's sledge gets the job done.  I'm not a big fan of this version of Mr. Freeze at all though, and the bubble helmet really looks wrong to me. I'll stick with the custom one I've got using parts from TLBM and the old Juniors set.

The Batmobile looks like a good build! It might be a little longer than I'd like, but I'd consider picking this one up. The Joker figure is kind of meh though. I'm not one to clamor for leg printing but I feel like he needs something going on with his legs to balance the design better. I honestly wouldn't be miffed if this just included Batman though, so I guess he's a bit of a bonus.

The Batwing set, however, is kind of a hodgepodge.  I like the police car, but I keep going back and forth on whether or not I like the Batwing.  Either way, I think I actually prefer the one from the OMAC set last year. We'll see about this one. I'm not really sold on the Riddler figure (though I defended the face earlier, I think the mask really ought to be colored) and don't really need another Gordon. Shazam is nice though....

The Batcave is also a mixed bag.  While I like the general aesthetic, it seems way too similar to the 2012 version for me to consider buying; the basic layout is pretty much the same.  Clayface is terrible, and I was really hoping that "Batwoman" would turn out to be a new Batgirl figure. Anyway, the new Catwoman figure is gorgeous and a Rebirth Two-Face is welcome after being stuck with the orange/purple one for so long.  I might see about just Bricklinking those two, and maybe Robin.

The Juniors Asylum might actually be my favorite here. I still probably won't get it because I wouldn't know what to do with the pieces, but I really love the colorscheme and some of those accessories, plus another guard.  I do want to see about getting Harley Quinn's hairpiece at some point, but I kind of expect that that will show up next year with Harley in full costume. The Riddler set is fine for what it is I guess but easily passable.

8 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

No I’m sorry I was unclear, I meant the arm thing with the saws. I don’t know why I said right when it’s on the left. My bad lol

I’m pretty sure the “cave pieces” are actually just clay from clay face

7 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

The Juniors Asylum might actually be my favorite here. I still probably won't get it because I wouldn't know what to do with the pieces, but I really love the colorscheme and some of those accessories, plus another guard.  I do want to see about getting Harley Quinn's hairpiece at some point, but I kind of expect that that will show up next year with Harley in full costume.

By the way, has anyone here noticed the Dark Purple recolor of TLBM Penguin's top hat in this set? While I've been hoping for a Reddish Brown, Dark Brown, or Light/Dark Bluish Grey recolor of that hat in particular, it's nice to see any recolor of it beyond Black nonetheless! :thumbup: :classic:

I will get Catwoman's head and headgear and 4 of these gorgeous printed Pieces to upgrade my Batmobil from Jokerland via bricklink. Without any new batman villan it is a really poor wave in my opinion. The last one had at least Firefly :/

The more I look at Mr. Freeze's set, the more I like the build. It really does capture the Tumbler look in a fun way. And it's just so impressive that the Mysterio helmet doesn't distort Mr. Freeze's face. I'd still like to see the TLBM piece used again in the future, but I like this style.

8 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

I'd still like to see the TLBM piece used again in the future, but I like this style.

Same here! :sweet:

Honestly though, while I'm placing my hopes on Mystero's "fishbowl" being reused for a '50s B-Movie Spaceman CMF, TLBM Mr. Freeze's two-part assembly would work just as well for such an archetype! :shrug_oh_well: