Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Which set is that Harley Quinn in?

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

Wait, so if there's no Shazam set, then what was that post on Instagram talking about a set that came with 3 minifigures for $20?

His account seems to have vanished, so maybe he was exposed as a troll?

Dang it, that’s a bust. Shazam a bit player crowbarred into a Batman set. It’s a bit of a crap day for Batman if he needs a Batwing, Gordon and Shazam to take down Riddler. The premise must be that he has a nasty case of trapped wind, cramp in his leg or a stitch, so he is in no position to tackle Riddler alone. Disappointed by that, I must say.

The Freeze set sounds like a take on the first Aquaman set, but instead of a Superfriend Bats plumped for Robin. 

If the Batmobile is just Bats and Joker I may have to pass it up unless the build is worth it. 

A very Gotham Knights feel about the Batcave set, but again with Batman needing an army to take down Two-Face. Is age finally catching up with Bruce?

I want to stop being so critical, but that better be a Nicholson Joker in the "original Batman movie" set or I'm going to riot lol.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Bit disappointing Clayface is brick built again. I'm hoping the number of parts used for both him and the tank doesn't result in a barebones Bat Cave build. I agree that Batgirl would be preferable over another Batwoman. It still feels too soon to be getting another one in such a short period of time.

Only two minifigures in the Batmobile seems like a missed opportunity for more characters from the Burton films, but I'm still looking forward to how this set turns out.

Not too bothered about Shazam coming in a Batman set. The trailers for the movie never gave the impression there was much potential for his own set and I'm glad we're at least getting the opportunity to get the character after being a SDCC exclusive for so long.

Edited by wesker

If Shazam is in set 76120, any idea what set 76121 might be?

Also, does this mean the “leaked” images of the Shazam Minifigs are not to be trusted? 

12 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

If Shazam is in set 76120, any idea what set 76121 might be?

Also, does this mean the “leaked” images of the Shazam Minifigs are not to be trusted? 

No idea about 76120, but the leaked Shazam figure definitely looks real, especially since its comic based like the set he's apparently going to come in.

That description about the new Batcave being a "mix of TLBM and 2008" has me curious. We already know it's going to have a "dark and gloomy" aesthetic to it (much like the 2006 one), but I wonder how much it's going to pull from either Batcave in terms of set design.

They both share the same 3 section structure with the Batcomputer being the center build and side builds with features of a rotating changing area and a holding cell, but they also have their differences. TLBM's Batcave has a rotating suit rack, while the 2006 Batcave has a turntable and a whole cannon defense tower section. It would be amazing if they managed to incorporate all those features together in one set this time, but with a chunk of the piece count probably going towards the brick built Clayface and Bat Tank, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. Also, no Alfred again, this is becoming a running joke at this point.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Not too bothered about Shazam coming in a Batman set. The trailers for the movie never gave the impression there was much potential for his own set and I'm glad we're at least getting the opportunity to get the character after being a SDCC exclusive for so long.

Disagree

It would have been nice to get both Billy Batson (with mid-legs) and Shazam so you can make the transformation

On 3/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, Stormfury said:

If it's comic based, one of the three figures can even be Batman, like they did with the Aquaman set.

Yeah my worst fear comes true about the Shazam...

I'm also disapointed about the brick build clayface...

Edited by Stormfury

images most be coming out real soon!!

mini bat boat

bat-plane 89

bat-mobile 89 (please don't be the one from the villains game)

Mini Bat-Tank

I don't mind the vehicle selection, I hope we get more then 1 batman suit variant. 

Another brick-built Clayface? Really? Damnit I wanted a minifigure version, so that the brick-built one from TLBM could be 'shrunk down'. 

Hmph. Riddler Set sounds pointless except for Shazam, and Shazam probably won't make that set worth it when I already have a Batwing and a James Gordon. Batman/Robin vs Mr. Freeze sounds pretty pointless, but might be a nice impulse buy if it Hasmonean a good parts selection. I'll reserve judgement for the Batmobile and Batcave - normally I'd pass on a new Batmobile given I already have two, but if they finally make one ten studs or less wide then it'll be worth considering - but based on what I'm hearing my hopes aren't high. Clayface and Bat-tank . . yeesh. 

What about 76121 Shazam set :wacko:

Kinda disappointed with those descriptions. I had high hopes for Mr. Freeze set, but the builds are just two boats. Joker set has only two minifigures for $30? Riddler set actually sounds pretty good. But why does the Batcave set include brickbuilt Clayface? Is it too much to ask for a minifigure or a bigfig for him?

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

bat-mobile 89 (please don't be the one from the villains game)

It somewhat conforms to the Lego Batmobile shape, but good use of the Batcessories pack could really help.  If it’s just the Batmobile then Joker will be caught pretty quick. Now if we get the Jokermobile...

I have a really hard time believing that Shazam (who's movie comes out soon) will also be featured in a Batman set AND that we're getting ANOTHER brick built Clayface when the majority of the leaks show minifigs similar to their appearance in Lego DC Super Villains (most based on their Rebirth designs). Just have to wait till official images (or leaks or more accurate descriptions) are released

50 minutes ago, ironman66 said:

I wonder when Aquaman's set will come, I really like him.He's too cool and strong:thumbup:

Huh?

There's been several Aquaman sets, including one last year to tie in with his movie

Drat, I was hoping for a bigfig Clayface to replace the giant LBM one. Hopefully he's not too big.

Do we know anything about the inclued minifgures? Are there any new Batman villans?
From what read and saw, this will be a really cheap year for me :/ Catwoman is an unbelievable improvement over all her other versions to me. I also have to get Firefly inkluding his Jetpack. If thats everything i am really dissaponted. No Mad hatter... no Hush...

7 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Do we know anything about the inclued minifgures? Are there any new Batman villans?
From what read and saw, this will be a really cheap year for me :/ Catwoman is an unbelievable improvement over all her other versions to me. I also have to get Firefly inkluding his Jetpack. If thats everything i am really dissaponted. No Mad hatter... no Hush...

76118 - Batman, Robin and Mr. Freeze

76119 - Batman and Joker

76120 - Batman, Shazam, Jim Gordon and Riddler

76122 - Batman, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Batwoman, Two-Face, Catwoman and brickbuilt Clayface

76137 - Batman and Riddler

76138 - Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn (maybe more?)

Hi guys I recently made a Lego version of The Ventriloquist and Scarface (using all official Lego parts) since they are currently not part of any set. Just want to get your opinions on them. There are two versions. 

If you think of any improvements or different pieces then please let me know.

(Couldn't upload pics to this post. Please click link below to see)

Lego The Ventriloquist and Scarface

Cant believe Batman needs Shazam's help to catch the Riddler hahaha With Clayface or Bane I'd get it. Heck, even Killer Croc or Manbat. But Riddler???? 

The villain should have been an actual supervillain

Next wave: Batman needs Wonder Woman's help to fight Baby Doll

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Next wave: Batman needs Wonder Woman's help to fight Baby Doll

After this, Batman needs Doctor Manhatten to fight the Condiment King