Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New leaked Harry Potter also uses that hairpiece.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that one.

Is there any truth about that supposed Bruce Wayne fig with the checked jacket and the same hair he’s had forever? 

It doesn't look very Bruce Wayne-ish, and that head is apparently from the new Star Wars: Resistance Kaz minifigure.

Then again, Lego has had a precedent in the past of reusing a head that was used for Bruce Wayne for other minifigures. Thanks to lines like Indiana Jones or the early Marvel sets, Bruce Wayne was also apparently a Nazi soldier, Loki, and even some of the recent DC sets have him as Lex Luthor, just to name a few.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Assuming its real, I can't say I'm a fan of the design. One thing I've always liked about the existing Bruce Wayne and Batman minifigures was keeping the face prints consistent rather than having them resemble two completely different people.

The torso doesn't seem very fitting for a millionaire either. The checkered design kind of gives off that cheap old man's clothing from a bargain store vibe. Its a reuse of Gunnar Eversol's torso from Jurassic World but I think Eli Mills' black suit would've been much better for Bruce.

Something about this Bruce Wayne fig seems off to me. That checkered suit doesn't fit at all. Even the use of the Kaz face seems off because doesn't that head have a goofy smile on the other side?  Edit: NVM the Kaz face does have a serious expression on the other side. Still that torso piece is awful.

Edited by Bardan_Jusik
clarification

It's hard to know for sure, but considering it's all reused parts, it's less likely to be real in my opinion. Since the relaunch, there's been three Bruces, who all at the very least had exclusive torsos. I would've expected to see the LBM hairpiece reused here as well

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

It's hard to know for sure, but considering it's all reused parts, it's less likely to be real in my opinion. Since the relaunch, there's been three Bruces, who all at the very least had exclusive torsos. I would've expected to see the LBM hairpiece reused here as well

I don’t know, they’re doing quite a good job of ignoring everything from that other than Catwomans cowl. Didn’t realise the torso was a reuse though, not that into the JW theme.

Those are entirely reused pieces, so I doubt it's actually a character in one of the upcoming sets.

I see Damian is going to be scowling again, which is in character, I admit. I would reeeeeeally love to see him get a more neutral expression this time, though, as we've only ever gotten him with scowls-or-fear.

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I don’t know, they’re doing quite a good job of ignoring everything from that other than Catwomans cowl. Didn’t realise the torso was a reuse though, not that into the JW theme.

Thing is, Ivy, Two-Face, Harley, Joker and Riddler's hairpieces are all heavily stylised and only work for the movie versions of the character. Not to mention that hair appeared before it was used on Bruce, and has been reused since. Its far from exclusive to the subtheme, and I'm sure it, and Alfred's bald piece, will be seen again in the main sets considering how well they fit the character

58 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Thing is, Ivy, Two-Face, Harley, Joker and Riddler's hairpieces are all heavily stylised and only work for the movie versions of the character. Not to mention that hair appeared before it was used on Bruce, and has been reused since. Its far from exclusive to the subtheme, and I'm sure it, and Alfred's bald piece, will be seen again in the main sets considering how well they fit the character

Oh yeah I appreciate that, they carried a certain amount of bombast being the primary rogues, whereas the B, C and D listers got some pretty decent depictions. I use the Jokers hair for my regular one because I got bored of the widows peak and it works. Riddlers hair/hat I put in the parts drawer straight away and used the fig with the previous hat. Likewise Harley. Ivy I like, she’s such a dynamic figure she was too good to change. Bruce is the easiest one to MOC up, so I’m not fussed either way whether that ‘leak’ is real, as he just needs black hair, a face and a decent suit. Alfreds hairpiece came from the CMF didn’t it? I like Alfred but he’s in that exaggerated bracket some of the villains are in.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Oh yeah I appreciate that, they carried a certain amount of bombast being the primary rogues, whereas the B, C and D listers got some pretty decent depictions. I use the Jokers hair for my regular one because I got bored of the widows peak and it works. Riddlers hair/hat I put in the parts drawer straight away and used the fig with the previous hat. Likewise Harley. Ivy I like, she’s such a dynamic figure she was too good to change. Bruce is the easiest one to MOC up, so I’m not fussed either way whether that ‘leak’ is real, as he just needs black hair, a face and a decent suit. Alfreds hairpiece came from the CMF didn’t it? I like Alfred but he’s in that exaggerated bracket some of the villains are in.

Maybe, but all a comic Alfred would need is a black suit, a similar head minus the glasses, and the reuse of the bald cap, something they used for his DCSV design at least (we know that Catwoman, Two-Face and Joker use the game designs with minor changes after all)

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Maybe, but all a comic Alfred would need is a black suit, a similar head minus the glasses, and the reuse of the bald cap, something they used for his DCSV design at least (we know that Catwoman, Two-Face and Joker use the game designs with minor changes after all)

I like the original Alfred figure, to me he’s got that butler with a take-no-prisoners undertone nailed. I’m not overly fond of the bald cap and the bowtie, but he’s the only Alfred I have right now so he gets away with it.

There’s a Sinestro Batman on Instagram. I swear we’ve gotten him before but couldn’t find anything on google. Looks good.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No Shazam movie set. He seems looks to be coming in the riddler heist set 

76118 - Batman, Robin, Freeze Another small boat for Mr. Freeze

76119 - Batman and Joker Batmobile from the batman movie (which movie? Lol)

76120 - Riddler, Batman, Gordon and Shazam. Hellicopter for Riddler, Batplane for Batsy

76122 - Bruce Wayne, Robin, Catwoman, Batwoman, Brick built Clayface, A small Bat Tank and the Batcave is a mix of TLBM and 2008. 

From @Falconfan1414

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

76118 - Batman, Robin, Freeze Another small boat for Mr. Freeze

76119 - Batman and Joker Batmobile from the batman movie (which movie? Lol)

76120 - Riddler, Batman, Gordon and Shazam. Hellicopter for Riddler, Batplane for Batsy

76122 - Bruce Wayne, Robin, Catwoman, Batwoman, Brick built Clayface, A small Bat Tank and the Batcave is a mix of TLBM and 2008. 

From @Falconfan1414

Original Batman movie 

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No Shazam movie set. He seems looks to be coming in the riddler heist set 

What? I'm crushed. :cry_sad:

No Shazam movie set? :sick:

Another Batwoman already? 

And another bickbuilt Clayface. Still no Clayface minifigure :wacko:

I'm hoping that Batwoman is a new Batgirl instead, while one of the Robins is Tim Drake's Rebirth look. 

I feel like there's some other minifigures missing- Two-Face is definitely in the Bat-Cave, and two figures in the Joker set seems a little small

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm hoping that Batwoman is a new Batgirl instead, while one of the Robins is Tim Drake's Rebirth look. 

I feel like there's some other minifigures missing- Two-Face is definitely in the Bat-Cave, and two figures in the Joker set seems a little small

Two face is in the bat cave 

Wait, so if there's no Shazam set, then what was that post on Instagram talking about a set that came with 3 minifigures for $20?