J4ck

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

The sets seem like they are nothing new from titles alone – would be nice to see some new characters produced, and something different from the sets... seeing how they're celebrating Batman's 80th birthday, maybe the sets could feature designs from various periods in his 80yr history – the original Batmobile (comic version) perhaps chasing a Jokermobile... Batman Animated series style Mr Freeze, Dick Sprang inspired Riddler set etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m excited for Birds of Prey and hope it gets a set, but I kind of doubt it since it seems to be going dark like Suicide Squad and may potentially be rated R. If that’s the case, I hope we get comic tie in sets, maybe with a Harley clearly based on the movie. 

I'd love it if they made a Zsasz, Huntress, Cass or Black Mask to tie in with it.

Ok, maybe Zsasz seems a little unlikely, but he did appear in not one, but two Lego games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 10:46 PM, Robert8 said:

If they are going with a Batman-only line, they can't recycle the same villains over and over again, right?

Well....

 

.......

At least Clayface will be new. (I bet he will be a bigfig)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these names bother me lol, Batman and Robin & Freeze. Seems like too many ands haha. Also Batman and riddler heist sounds like Batman is working with Eddy haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Some of these names bother me lol, Batman and Robin & Freeze. Seems like too many ands haha. Also Batman and riddler heist sounds like Batman is working with Eddy haha

Watch the Freeze set be a Batman and Robin set, not just a set with Batman and Robin.

It does come with Freeze :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's Two-Face? Wasn't he supposed to be in the Batcave, or is he just not mentioned in the set name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigGuy4U said:

Where's Two-Face? Wasn't he supposed to be in the Batcave, or is he just not mentioned in the set name?

I'm guessing he will appear in the Clayface set, seeing it's the most expensive and most likely the batcave due to the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dario2739 said:

The sets seem like they are nothing new from titles alone – would be nice to see some new characters produced, and something different from the sets... seeing how they're celebrating Batman's 80th birthday, maybe the sets could feature designs from various periods in his 80yr history – the original Batmobile (comic version) perhaps chasing a Jokermobile... Batman Animated series style Mr Freeze, Dick Sprang inspired Riddler set etc.

That would be the ideal, in a similar way to the SW sets. Some through the years type sets. Original Batsuit, 1943 Batmobile, like you say the original Jokermobile. Anything like that would be peachy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IRISHCLOWN said:

I'm guessing he will appear in the Clayface set, seeing it's the most expensive and most likely the batcave due to the price. 

The clayface Set is the Batcave. It’s title is ‘clayface Batcave Invasion’ Or something similar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the special anniversary Batman could be something like his first appearance costume. Hopefully, there are mostly new figures and not too many repeats, although I kind of feel like we'll get several of the same Batman figures, be it new prints or the Rebirth design again. I really hope they don't just make more of the black-suited Batman we got waaaaay too many of after the DC theme started.

For the "Pursuit" set, I would definitely love to see a Jokermobile. I just hope the Batmobile is something distinct from the several we've already gotten.

Fingers crossed the Freeze set will reuse the new pieces TLBM got him for his dome, only in different colors.

Clayface would be great in either bigfig or minifig form, and since it is a big set, the plausibility does seem to go up for a bigfig.

And maaaaaybe I'm just being optimistic, but the Riddler heist sounds like it could plausibly have a location build instead of just vehicles. We shall see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm worried about the sets. Two Jokers and two Riddlers?

Same here. Really wish Two-Face would be in one of the smaller sets. It's been Joker, Freeze, and Catwoman overload since 2012 (and arguably 2006).

All I ask is for a set or two with some villains who haven't been so cheap or easy to acquire as of late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Same here. Really wish Two-Face would be in one of the smaller sets. It's been Joker, Freeze, and Catwoman overload since 2012 (and arguably 2006).

All I ask is for a set or two with some villains who haven't been so cheap or easy to acquire as of late.

Well Two-Face was stated to be in a new batcave set and since there is a new batcave set that rumor might turn out to be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm worried about the sets. Two Jokers and two Riddlers?

Two of them are 4+ sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lego will always rotate between the bat mobile, wing, coppter, boat.

If its a new crazy design i don't mind, if its similar design then its disappointing. 

When they do introduce new bat vehicles, its great for the Batcave. 

Here's hoping to a nice variety in this wave.

Also the set names are probably incomplete...

Overall cant wait for the revail!

PS i hope the D2C is the 89 mobile with the shield look been able to applied. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm worried about the sets. Two Jokers and two Riddlers?

 

52 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Two of them are 4+ sets

The only reason AFOLs buy the Juniors/4+ sets, are for exclusive figures, whereas the builds are just simple and dull. If the Joker and Riddler are the same for this wave in both sets, we wouldn't have to worry about buying the 4+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Quicksilver838 could you possibly show me and everyone here what the joker will look like in The 2019 sets not the actual figure but Just the closest thing you could find from comics ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi @Quicksilver838 could you possibly show me and everyone here what the joker will look like in The 2019 sets not the actual figure but Just the closest thing you could find from comics ?

 

I have no idea what he'll look like, I'm just assuming he could be the same in the actual set and the 4+ set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds nice to finally be getting Clayface (that giant brick built monstrosity doesn’t count). All in all these sets don’t sound too interesting except maybe the Batcave. Everything else is just stuff we’ve gotten a hundred times before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These set names sound interesting (especially the Clayface one), but I think its a little too early to start making judgments on these sets. I'm going to wait until we get some reveals (or some leaks, if I'm desperate enough) before I decide whether or not these will be worth buying. If you all remember, it was March last year when we got leaked pics of the Summer Wave, and it was mid-April when we got official images, so it'll probably be a while before we hear or see anything new.

In the meantime, is there any word on a Shazam set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Watch the Freeze set be a Batman and Robin set, not just a set with Batman and Robin.

It does come with Freeze :grin:

Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gorilla94 said:

So Solomon Grundy and Copperhead were just rumors again? :/

They could appear in the sets, they just aren't in the set names. We only know we're getting Joker, Riddler, Mr Freeze, Clayface and Two Face right now, there's still plenty of room for other villains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.