Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

6 hours ago, BrickG said:

Absolutely. I can understand this. They invested a lot of $$$ into that movie. It makes sense that it was "special" and circumstantial. However, I don't see why they'd go BACK from some of the fantastic designs they already have minifigure wise. I can see why model quality would be a bit lacking though. I imagined they invested a lot into those sets because they were made to be on-screen awesome as possible too.

Exactly, especially that last part, so I can appreciate that the tie-in sets didn't differ from their on-screen variants too much. Naturally, TLG and WB most likely tried to strike a balance between an uninhibited MOC and a modestly priced playset, at least in terms of vehicles. 

5 hours ago, ZoKpooL said:

No, he didn't. Heck, it's from current comics, and belt look a like more Beware the Batman design. 

People sometimes little too strange in this site. 

When people say 'resembles' they usually mean 'It's obviously not a perfect match or even intended to be a match at all, but it's close enough for me and my personal collection'.

4 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

When people say 'resembles' they usually mean 'It's obviously not a perfect match or even intended to be a match at all, but it's close enough for me and my personal collection'.

Yeah, but this particular variant is supposed to be his Rebirth costume. 

Cool Mech, if you are into that sort of thing. Personally I am relieved that they finally gave Flash dual-molded legs. Hopefully that means they won't be as tight on a budget next year and that we'll see some more detailed minifigs.

Anyone know when/ if we will see another set appear bc like it’s been a while and comic con is in about 2-3 weeks 

On 6/27/2018 at 2:29 AM, J4ck said:

... Firefly’s new helmet, which is a pleasant surprise, I’m sure we were all expecting to see the Wasp’s helmet to be reused for it but Lego has been kind.

Instead, it's a weird, twisted version of that scenario.  The Wasp reused another old helmet, and Firefly used a new mold that should have been the Wasp's helmet.  So now we hope that the Wasp will reuse this helmet, which was clearly designed for that purpose in the first place.  I am assuming that this was a new mold embargo situation where they couldn't add another mold to the Ant-Man and the Wasp set, but they could make a new mold elsewhere that was exactly what they would need to do the character again later.  Anyways, strange, and happy to see the new helmet style anyways.

And for my Castle purposes, the torso could be great for a black and yellow knight.  I'd probably swap the helmet to yellow with a black visor and try to find printed legs to match, though.

I actually like quite a lot of the pieces in the Batman-Mech thing.  The metallic angular piece on the shin, the various bat-insignias and bat wings, and all the black and grey.  The fact that is comes with a bunch of useful plant pieces doesn't hurt, either.

And for those who may be confused, 76117 is not Fort Worth, TX, but in fact the set number for the new "Batman-Mech-vs-Poison-Ivy-Mech" set.  :wink:

Looking forward to seeing what else 2019 has in store.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already in the past, but a quick perusing did not reveal an answer: Is the DC Superhero Girls line dead? While there are quite a few minor characters missing, I'm most distressed that they never made Katana. I know most people didn't care for the mini-dolls, but I put them right along side my "regular" collection.

14 hours ago, BeKindRewind said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned already in the past, but a quick perusing did not reveal an answer: Is the DC Superhero Girls line dead? While there are quite a few minor characters missing, I'm most distressed that they never made Katana. I know most people didn't care for the mini-dolls, but I put them right along side my "regular" collection.

Me too!

There were pictures, probably preliminary images, of a few unreleased sets. I never found them myself, so if anyone has any ideas of where they are, hit me up.

To answer your question, the line is almost certainly dead for now. The franchise is also shifting direction with a new animation style coming up.

51 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

To answer your question, the line is almost certainly dead for now. The franchise is also shifting direction with a new animation style coming up.

I'm afraid you're right. I don't think it ever really caught on. I collected all of the sets, and I never paid more than 50-70% of suggested retail price for any of them, especially the bigger sets.

2 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

I reckon in 2019 we'll get a £15 set, a £30 set and a £35 set like this year

If its anything like previous 2 year trends. We should also see a D2C set. A nice 2000 plus set. Fingers crossed. 

On 7/5/2018 at 4:49 PM, Lionbear8 said:

If its anything like previous 2 year trends. We should also see a D2C set. A nice 2000 plus set. Fingers crossed. 

Hopefully its something we haven't gotten before, like the Hall of Justice or the Hall of Doom. I'd even buy a D2C Daily Planet. If it is a Daily Planet it would give Lego a great opportunity to give us characters we haven't seen recently, if at all, like Doomsday, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, an updated Superman/Supergirl, Metallo, etc.

Edited by Mountain Drew

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Rage of Atlantis movie has leaked online and the Ocean Master and Mera figures are just incredible. I hope we get to see them pop up in a set besides the Aquaman movie one. 

3 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Hopefully its something we haven't gotten before, like the Hall of Justice or the Hall of Doom. I'd even buy a D2C Daily Planet. If it is a Daily Planet it would give Lego a great opportunity to give us characters we haven't seen recently, if at all, like Doomsday, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, an updated Superman/Supergirl, Metallo, etc.

Both the Hall of Justice and the Daily Planet would make for some great opportunities for Lego to give us some serious looking Art Deco architecture, something perhaps within the aesthetic adopted by the animated Superman TV show:

319?cb=20110326160532

Ooh, lovely idea! That would be a wonderful style. The DC D2C's always seem to tie-in with some popular franchise which is getting promoted, since even Arkham might have been a loose tie-in for the video games, but who knows? Since Warner is trying to promote the League more, STAS, JLTAS, Super Friends, or even just that colorful, classic comicbook feel might get some nostalgic love soon....

Since this year is the 80th Anniversary of Superman, I think the Daily Planet would be more likely than anything. But I'm not complaining :sweet:

Edited by Mountain Drew

I would really much rather a Fortress of Solitude than Daily Planet

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I would really much rather a Fortress of Solitude than Daily Planet

I think a Fortress of Solitude would be too difficult to produce, mostly because the outside of it basically looks like a bunch of icicles. I'm not against it, though.

7 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I think a Fortress of Solitude would be too difficult to produce, mostly because the outside of it basically looks like a bunch of icicles. I'm not against it, though.

Like most Batcave playsets, I'm pretty sure the Fortress's exterior wouldn't much of an issue at all, as it'd presumably be an interior playset instead.

18 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Since this year is the 80th Anniversary of Superman, I think the Daily Planet would be more likely than anything. But I'm not complaining :sweet:

Preferably, a four-story, sixteen-stud wide modular Daily Planet would be cool to see. By modular, I mean a build that'd be compatible with the annual Creator Expert line of D2C Modular Buildings. :classic:

3 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Here's our first look at Shazam's costume for the new movie. Is there any word on a set based on the movie?

We haven't even seen the sets for Aquaman yet (or a damn trailer), I'm sure they won't miss out on making at least one set, I'd be happy with just one. But as of yet nothing is confirmed