J4ck

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

The official pictures just are ...- wow. The set is incredible and has to find ist way underneath the christmas tree (and will be ordered long before, regarding to the GWP, that is officially announced by stonewars and promobricks in Germany).

Only the Stickers for the filler caps is a minus to me.... It will be hard to keep the symmetry... 

Edited by Laddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks even more beautiful now the official pics are out. But still, still they insist on including stickers. Really LEGO? £219.99 and you give me stickers when a Juniors/4+ set gets printed pieces? For crying out loud...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Looks even more beautiful now the official pics are out. But still, still they insist on including stickers. Really LEGO? £219.99 and you give me stickers when a Juniors/4+ set gets printed pieces? For crying out loud...

Generally spoken the use of stickers isn´t a great issue for me, there are pros and cons on both sides in my opinion. But when I look at this picture

lego-batman-76139-1989-batmobile-2019-fr

 

I´m afraid a mistake when putting the filler cap stickers on will ruin the optic. I think I will get those parts printed, if it´s possible. I will ask some brick-printing guys what to do. 

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with release on BF you can probably triple dip the mini-bat mobile, gingerbread house, and 2x VIP.  Not bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hothbricks has uploaded some cool pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hothbricks/

49028174298_2dfdfdc295.jpg

I love that windshield :wub:

49028689621_a0ba5764b6.jpg

And it's really neat to see another printed 1x1 round tile with a variant of the Batman logo, this time in light bluish gray :thumbup:

November 29th can't come soon enough :excited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hothbricks has uploaded some cool pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hothbricks/

I love that windshield :wub:

I really do hope to see some unprinted, transparent recolors of that windshield, though any potential recolors we may actually see of it might just be in solid colors. :def_shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

"those who purchase the set between 29th November and 5th December will receive an exclusive mini replica of the original model as a free gift available in limited quantities."

Welp, looks like it's off to eBay for me.

Why even bother with eBay? The only things you'll be missing out on if you bricklink all the parts and find digital instructions are the stickers (of which I believe there's only 1) and the physical box and instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone in the comments of this article mentioned a 1989 Batwing. In the lists I’ve seen for 2020 I haven’t even seen a D2C, is this something that could actually happen or is it just someone jumping the gun and assuming they’ll do a batwing because we got a batmobile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Someone in the comments of this article mentioned a 1989 Batwing. In the lists I’ve seen for 2020 I haven’t even seen a D2C, is this something that could actually happen or is it just someone jumping the gun and assuming they’ll do a batwing because we got a batmobile?

Probably assumption. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I really do hope to see some unprinted, transparent recolors of that windshield, though any potential recolors we may actually see of it might just be in solid colors. :def_shrug:

I believe that the ABS for solid colour bricks and the polycarbonate used in transparent parts shrink by different amounts when cooling after being ejected from the moulds. So the windscreen could easily appear in new transparent colours, but to make it a solid colour they would have to make a new mould (This is why solid and transparent colour parts have different design ID numbers)

This Batmobile looks fantastic, though I think the smaller GWP version might be all I have space to display.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the front tyres on 76139 a genuine new mould? ;-)
They'll look great on future OCs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the Brickset review, and all I can say is dang it. It’s really impressive. There is no way I can justify it at the moment, which is a real shame considering the GWP. The most impressive thing is how it dwarfs the Tumbler. I can still manage without that Joker, especially as it - quite creepily - looks a lot like Nicholson. Credit where it’s due, but I wouldn’t display him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This truly is a monster of design! Well done to the Lego design team on a great job!

I love to know what other D2C vehicles they have coming up for us fans in the near future!

I guess I'll be spending all my Lego VIP points end of November! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I can still manage without that Joker, especially as it - quite creepily - looks a lot like Nicholson.

...yeah, that’s because it’s based on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they reuse and recolour that windshield in the future, or do it without prints, or something, because that could be so useful for MOCs . . please don’t be like the UCS Slave I windshield (took four years to pop up in another set and then in trans purple which I like but get is limited-usefulness).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

...yeah, that’s because it’s based on him. 

You know it hadn’t dawned on me :sarcasm: I was referring to how good the likeness is, not that it is a likeness in the first place.

Edited by RedHoodPug
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The are pics now of that Mr Miracle character in all his glory with accesories and cape. Very sharp printing. Best Minifigure of the wave along with BatMite

Edited by Robert8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why there's still no 2020 thread? We are still discussing everything in a 2019 page.

We have seen all the minifigures, and it's like month and a half until the official release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Does anyone know why there's still no 2020 thread? We are still discussing everything in a 2019 page.

We have seen all the minifigures, and it's like month and a half until the official release.

The format was changed to avoid confusion with multiple threads, now it's like a 2019 thread to discuss all news, leaks, etc that have taken place over the year, and come Jan 1st, a 2020 thread will be started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The format was changed to avoid confusion with multiple threads, now it's like a 2019 thread to discuss all news, leaks, etc that have taken place over the year, and come Jan 1st, a 2020 thread will be started

So why themes like DC or Marvel don't have a 2020 thread, but others like Star Wars or Ninjago do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So why themes like DC or Marvel don't have a 2020 thread, but others like Star Wars or Ninjago do?

The new "rule" applies only for the licensed forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The new "rule" applies only for the licensed forum

Isn't Star Wars licensed?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Isn't Star Wars licensed?

Yep, but it has its own forum so different moderators with different rules

Also, I'm not sure dc needs a 2020 thread yet, no real sets for a while, and the minifigs will probably start showing up in stores in late December anyways 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.