Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

8 hours ago, pooda said:

@Maple Hey man! We may not like some of the things that Lego does and they may not make sense to us, but we have to deal with it. Prices are one of those things. I mean....running a company inside a building isn't free. @J4ck its not just inflation, but they've also gotta keep up that building that they work from. There are utilities they have to pay for the machines that make the bricks we use to build our Lego creations. How are they going to keep things up if they don't inflate? Something to think about. 

Yes that’s right but I think that’s a smaller issue.

3 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Yes that’s right but I think that’s a smaller issue.

It's not cheap either. Personally, and don't hate me for this, but the upkeep of the building and machinery to make the bricks along with employee salaries are the only reasons I can think of. I can't really think of any other reasons why they'd hike prices. 

Can you?

38 minutes ago, pooda said:

It's not cheap either. Personally, and don't hate me for this, but the upkeep of the building and machinery to make the bricks along with employee salaries are the only reasons I can think of. I can't really think of any other reasons why they'd hike prices. 

Can you?

Marketing, fluctuations in prices of raw materials, import/export costs and tariffs, calculating cost vs risk when looking at similar lines such as TLBM CMFs, and such all come to mind. Remember, TLG is a company operating on a MASSIVE scale across the world, and has to have such in-depth considerations that we would never be able to consider them all. Does it suck to have to pay more for these? Yes. But, if we aren't paying more for these, there's such a high chance we wouldn't even have these at all.

20 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Marketing, fluctuations in prices of raw materials, import/export costs and tariffs, calculating cost vs risk when looking at similar lines such as TLBM CMFs, and such all come to mind. Remember, TLG is a company operating on a MASSIVE scale across the world, and has to have such in-depth considerations that we would never be able to consider them all. Does it suck to have to pay more for these? Yes. But, if we aren't paying more for these, there's such a high chance we wouldn't even have these at all.

Tell that to Maple. He's the one winging about it. Personally, I don't mind picking up sets for a little extra cash. If its something I really want, I think it's worth it. 

9 hours ago, pooda said:

Can you?

Don’t worry I’m not hating on you. Lego got rid of over 2000 employees in very recent years. I think the machinery and building etc. Is the wrong aspect to look at. Although Lego did open a new factory but that was a couple of years ago (in China).

So I found the DC Minifigs at my local Mastermind, right in time for me to use my buy 1 get 1 half off cupons, so I picked up the figures that I really wanted, those being Bumblebee, Stargirl, Metamorpho, Aquaman, Huntress and the Flash for $25 CAD after tax which imho is pretty reasonable. I really like the design choices for those figures, since a lot of them are based on the versions of these characters that I grew up with. Of the figures I'm still missing, I'm still a bit iffy. I think I'll pick up Batman and Mister Miracle eventually, and will consider Green Lantern just for the parts, but otherwise I'm probably passing on the rest. Most of them don't really do much for me, and even though Cyborg is a character that I really like, I can't stand his original design. If anything I might wait till they go on sale for buy 2 get 1 free and pick up the rest of the series then.

FYI the Lego Store in Southampton are still giving out the limited edition Batmobile with purchases of the 1989 Batmobile, had quite a few behind the counter when I was there yesterday 

Hi guys,

I have a question which might be little bit of-topic. Do you know when the new UCS batmobile will be available in shops other than Lego shop?

21 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Hi guys,

I have a question which might be little bit of-topic. Do you know when the new UCS batmobile will be available in shops other than Lego shop?

It's a D2C set, only the LEGO Store themselves sell them or individual lego-specific stores

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

Hi guys,

I thought it was like 6 months in the US. 

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Never for the UK, maybe even Europe.

That’s unfortunate.  In the US everything eventually makes it to Amazon, Target and Walmart.

5 hours ago, KevinMD said:

That’s unfortunate.  In the US everything eventually makes it to Amazon, Target and Walmart.

I’m curious to see what will happen in the UK. We’re a bit stingy when it comes to discounts :cry_sad:

Although Tesco and Argos are good for CMF.

Fortunately NZ prices have remained the same, which brings us more inline with US pricing.

There are two stores I frequent for my LEGO needs, the first is a local store that sets aside a completed set of any new minifigs for subscribers, and then call you the day it is available. The good thing is no need to feel out the minifigs myself, and I get the completed set on day one without needing to waste an extra dime trying to find one I still need.

The second store runs weekly 20% off discounts, which the first store will honour as well, so I never pay retail for my sets other than the CMFS.

Built the 1989 Batmobile over the last few days, that thing is huge (cue that's what she said jokes)!

Enjoyable build, nice figs, great display piece. I still want that Michelle Pfeiffer catwoman fig though. :laugh:

Found the DC Superheroes CMF wave at Walmart today. They were in the display set up for the Trolls line. Price was $3.44, so I grabbed the three I wanted.

Lucky finding them at Walmart. Our local 4 locations are still recovering from Christmas. The whole LEGO aisle is destroyed still almost a week later. And I normally don't see too many CMF there oddly enough.

I found mine at Kohl's (clothing store of all places). But full price. It stung. I didn't really love this series, but figured I needed some for completion sake.

Has anyone else noticed that some come with 2 of the new clear piece, while others only come with 1? I found that odd. And yes, I checked the bag multiple times and the floor to make sure I wasn't missing any.

31 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

For some reason a fake joker figure is starting to spread on legoleaks.

So many reasons it’s fake.

They’ve purposely blurred it so you can’t tell it’s fake so some will fall for the trap and the leaker will get their fame...

42 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

For some reason a fake joker figure is starting to spread on legoleaks.

So many reasons it’s fake.

For some reason the amount of fake leaks is rapidly increasing

4 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Has anyone else noticed that some come with 2 of the new clear piece, while others only come with 1? I found that odd. And yes, I checked the bag multiple times and the floor to make sure I wasn't missing any.

Huh, that's interesting. All three of mine came with two, for which I'm thankful. They can add some much needed verticality in a minifigure display.