Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

It would be interesting to go through all of the CMF series and tally new moulds AND recolours, though quite a time consuming job. Especially since dual moulding was introduced, determining which arm and leg colour combinations are new beneath their prints and which aren't would require a very meticulous attention to detail.

I might do that, I have a few weeks off work. No promises though.

Has anyone seen the legs on Ashnflash's Metamorpho figure? I really hope that's just a small production error and not something that will happen to many figures

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Has anyone seen the legs on Ashnflash's Metamorpho figure? I really hope that's just a small production error and not something that will happen to many figures

Yikes! That's shockingly bad.

Something I'm sure will be across all figures is the horrible printing for Metamorpho's white skin at the top of his torso. At this point, with the issue of light flesh and white (and sometimes yellow) not having enough opacity on certain colours like black, red and orange, LEGO must be aware and just not care to fix it.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oof, that is bad...I checked Brickset’s review & theirs is solid. Maybe a bad batch then...

To all owners of the D2C 1989 Batmobile.

Do not display it on it's own tires, if you don't like to use the stand.

I noticed today the rear tires really started to sink in and almost kept that shape. As a solution i simply put 4 transparent bricks underneat the model behind the tires, that way the tires still rest on the surface but no longer take the weight.

Hey guys. 

Noticed on the book  depository website that there are new Batman books and DC books for release next year. With already released minifguares. 

Also has anyone noticed that in the designer video for 89 D2C set that they have a camo tumbler on display in the background? 

Doubt it's a future set! 

Edited by Lionbear8

7 hours ago, TheDeeGee said:

To all owners of the D2C 1989 Batmobile.

Do not display it on it's own tires, if you don't like to use the stand.

I noticed today the rear tires really started to sink in and almost kept that shape. As a solution i simply put 4 transparent bricks underneat the model behind the tires, that way the tires still rest on the surface but no longer take the weight.

Oh seriously?! I’ve never heard of this taking place before now!

Do you have any pictures?

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Oh seriously?! I’ve never heard of this taking place before now!

Do you have any pictures?

No pictures sorry.

Those Tumbler tires are pretty soft and the Batmobile is pretty darn heavy. It looked fine the first week, the tires deformed a little, but now almost 3 weeks later the weight caused quite a flat spot.

Lucky it didn't cause any permanent deformation. But i bet if it was sitting like that for many months the rubber would never recover to it's default shape.

I am super excited for this CMF series! There is a bunch of my personal favorite characters being represented and mighty well too. I only lement the price, which has defiantly kept me from purchasing as many (or any) of the more recent mainline CMFs

Sorry if this is a duplicate question.

Is it confirmed that the price is going up in the US?

ed. I assume so, but still hold out hope that it won't go up.

Edited by linnormlord

21 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

Sorry if this is a duplicate question.

Is it confirmed that the price is going up in the US?

ed. I assume so, but still hold out hope that it won't go up.

Someone managed to get the upc and run it through brickseek, where Wally showed the increase. As someone pointed out, it’s possible Lego upped the price to account for discounts the US market sees. I’m waiting to see for certain; if it goes up I’ll grab a pack or two at release to justify walking out with the box and then grab more when they’re eventually marked down.

If series one was $2 in 2010, I'm really not understanding what now costs $5. Yes, there has to be some extra for the licensing, better plastic (series 1 was substandard) and some dual injected parts. But does that really account for 2 and half times the cost?

It would be really interesting to figure out how that $5 really breaks down between R+D, molds, parts, printing, and licensing fees.

7 minutes ago, Gomek said:

If series one was $2 in 2010, I'm really not understanding what now costs $5. Yes, there has to be some extra for the licensing, better plastic (series 1 was substandard) and some dual injected parts. But does that really account for 2 and half times the cost?

It would be really interesting to figure out how that $5 really breaks down between R+D, molds, parts, printing, and licensing fees.

If you look at the early minifigs they only on average had around 1-2 accessories each and only about half of them were new. Now almost all CMF's have more unique new pieces than before as well, they also almost always include leg printing now while before it was 50/50.

Another thing is now we're getting a lot more... unique minifig pieces which are harder to use in the future and thus would likely have a higher cost vs a piece that will be used again.

6 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

If you look at the early minifigs they only on average had around 1-2 accessories each and only about half of them were new. Now almost all CMF's have more unique new pieces than before as well, they also almost always include leg printing now while before it was 50/50.

Another thing is now we're getting a lot more... unique minifig pieces which are harder to use in the future and thus would likely have a higher cost vs a piece that will be used again.

Well said! The minifigure with the biggest piece count in Series 1 was 7. In the upcoming DC series the lowest piece count is 7 whilst the highest is 12. Huge difference when you take into account the higher standard and quality of the minfigures now.

23 hours ago, J4ck said:

Well said! The minifigure with the biggest piece count in Series 1 was 7. In the upcoming DC series the lowest piece count is 7 whilst the highest is 12. Huge difference when you take into account the higher standard and quality of the minfigures now.

OK, OK but still

Original $2 got you:

Legs, torso, head, hair, printing, packaging, insert, 1 accessory

Additional $3 gets you:

Plastic upgrade, IP license, up to 5 extra pieces, some additional printing, possibly a new mold. (and insert downgrade)

I don't know.. original $2 seemed to get a lot more than the additional $3. Just saying.

3 hours ago, Gomek said:

OK, OK but still

Original $2 got you:

Legs, torso, head, hair, printing, packaging, insert, 1 accessory

Additional $3 gets you:

Plastic upgrade, IP license, up to 5 extra pieces, some additional printing, possibly a new mold. (and insert downgrade)

I don't know.. original $2 seemed to get a lot more than the additional $3. Just saying.

You’re also forgetting dual molded arms and/or legs.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, J4ck said:

It sickens me that people defend a $1 price increase because LEGO now includes 2-3 pieces that total 5 cents. Maybe LEGO can add another $1 to the price by adding a second 1x2 jumper.

Thankfully I find these terrible and will not spend a dime on them.

6 hours ago, Maple said:

It sickens me that people defend a $1 price increase because LEGO now includes 2-3 pieces that total 5 cents. Maybe LEGO can add another $1 to the price by adding a second 1x2 jumper.

Like I said when you posted this in the Marvel thread, these arguments are used to explain why the CMF's don't cost $2 anymore. Not why the price was increased from $4 to $5 

19 hours ago, Maple said:

There’s also inflation! If you track prices of Lego sets since the 70s and account for inflation Lego sets now a days are actually cheaper than the 70’s! People have done the maths.

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

There’s also inflation! If you track prices of Lego sets since the 70s and account for inflation Lego sets now a days are actually cheaper than the 70’s! People have done the maths.

Talking about general pricing lego has actually been able to keep their prices relatively consistent for 30+ years, which is really rare

@Maple Hey man! We may not like some of the things that Lego does and they may not make sense to us, but we have to deal with it. Prices are one of those things. I mean....running a company inside a building isn't free. @J4ck its not just inflation, but they've also gotta keep up that building that they work from. There are utilities they have to pay for the machines that make the bricks we use to build our Lego creations. How are they going to keep things up if they don't inflate? Something to think about. 

On 14 December 2019 at 10:14 PM, Lionbear8 said:

Hey guys. 

Noticed on the book  depository website that there are new Batman books and DC books for release next year. With already released minifguares. 

Also has anyone noticed that in the designer video for 89 D2C set that they have a camo tumbler on display in the background? 

Doubt it's a future set! 

As in banes tumblers? Hope not, we already got a smaller one