Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

The minifigure with the least amount of parts is metamorpho with 7 pieces. In the first series the minifigure with the highest count of pieces was 7. Over the years, these minfigures have gotten more sophisticated with dual arms and legs and more printing such as the arms and legs with higher piece counts. I understand the price going up. However $5 = £4 and that’s before tax. We are still getting them at £3 after tax so I think it’s quite unjustified. My 2 cents on the price increase.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I believe either early or mid january

I was joking but thanks. Probably January 1st. :grin:

Man for some reason I wasn't feeling this series when the leaks were out, but I see at least 7 or 8 that I want to get my hands on now :thumbup: For some reason I totally missed the Superman and WW that were included in this series

5 hours ago, The Pearson said:

From what we’ve seen, who do think is the best in the series? I quite like Stargirl and Superman but I think Jay is the best.

My favourites are Flash, Batman & Joker. Mr Miracle also looks great.

5 hours ago, The Pearson said:

From what we’ve seen, who do think is the best in the series? I quite like Stargirl and Superman but I think Jay is the best.

It's undoubtedly Jay Garrick for me, and he's probably the sole reason I'll be looking forwards to @WhiteFang's review of the Series. :blush:

6 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Tough shout but right now it’s Metamorpho or Huntress. Really it’s all of them, and I don’t think having them in hand will change my feelings about them.

ok, so i'm done building the 40433 Batmobile (or so I think!)    it looks OK.  probable the best  looking minifigure scale batmobile to date, with maybe the 2006 one

DSCF2300

but, I've read the manual real slow, at least 5 times, and I can't find where this piece is suppose to go

DSCF2297

it's is in the inventory at the end.   so if anyone could enlight me and give me the page number, that would be nice!!

DSCF2298

Brickset and the Brothers Brick reviews mentioned that it's in the inventory, but it's not actually used in the set. It's the first time I know of that it's happened.

6 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

probably the best  looking minifigure scale batmobile to date, with maybe the 2006 one

oh yeah, the 1966 classic one and the 76119 were also sweet looking!

DSCF2305

@Gremer2  thanks!

it's a first for me, that I can say!

WIth the rumored price increase, I only plan initially on getting two, Baz & Garrick. I ha e all the other Lanterns so I can’t leave him out. And Garrick is just awesome. Once we see the review I may end up wanting more. There are others I want, but not enough to pay that price. 

That's a nice shot showcasing all the different Batmobiles together. The 1989 Batmobile is definitely my favorite one yet, but the 2019, 1966, DCEU and Tumbler sets all look great as well. Unfortunately some of the other older models are starting to show their age.

1 hour ago, Mat099 said:

ok, so i'm done building the 40433 Batmobile (or so I think!)    it looks OK.  probable the best  looking minifigure scale batmobile to date, with maybe the 2006 one

DSCF2300

Man that Batmobile continues to amaze me the more I see it in pictures. I hope my eBay order of it gets here soon, I can't wait to build it. And it might just be me, but the 2006 Batmobile holds up pretty well next to it. I'm still waiting for someone to take a picture of it without the stud shooters and some tiles in their place though.

Side-note, I recently noticed that the GWP Batmobile is very similar in terms of design and appearance to the version that Lego made in Lego Batman 3. The only real difference is that the fins on the video game model look a lot more accurate than the fins on the actual physical release. I might just have to modify mine, it looks simple enough. Here's the link to the instructions if anyone else wants it: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-2495/GreenLantern/lego-batman-3-the-batmobile-1989/#bi

13487.jpg

My favorites are Jay Garrick and Aquaman but I'll probably pick up all of them, especially as the price doesn't increase here

HD pictures of the individual figures are now up. Gotta say I really don't like the way they show the characters here, the way their arms and legs are all in positions they can't actually be in is just straight up false advertisement

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

so is there any other dc superhero sets scheduled for January or is it just the minifigure series

Just the minifigure series 

On 12/3/2019 at 7:35 PM, The Pearson said:

Batmite and Cyborg for me

I'd say Jay tops the list for me as well. I see five definite must-haves in this lineup and a few strong maybes. Plus, LEGO has a great talent for packaging figures I don't want with accessories I do, so even though I have no use for the Superman or Bat-Mite I'd like to try to get ahold of those Daily Planet and Detective Comics tiles.

I am interested in Superman (because I dont have a Superman and wouldn't mind one plus I collect LEGO newspapers and need that Daily Planet tile), Green Lantern (for the accessories and maybe the character itself to go along with the other GL I have), maybe Bumblebee for the hair and those lightning bolts and maybe Cheetah for the cool sack with the $ on it.

I have zero interest in any of the others (which is good for my wallet :)

If the Joker was the crazy Heath Ledger joker like we got in the Tumbler set I might be interested in getting one but its not so I have no interest.

Having finally seen the full list and images I am kind of disappointed. I will try to get Huntress and maybe the original Batman but for the rest, they are all boring and safe choices with maybe Metamorpho, Stargirl and Simon Baz GL as the major exceptions. 
When I first heard about this CMF series I actually got excited about it since I thought that Lego could go really crazy with it, show us the true potential of CMF and give us some characters that are a bit more obscure or mature to put in regular lego sets. I am talking Swamp Thing, John Constantine, Zatanna Zatara, Dream or Death of the Endless and so on and so forth. Or maybe they could release some really specific variants to tie in with the upcoming CoIE special the CW is planning (I was thinking stuff like Smallville!Clark Kent or a rerelease of that exclusive GA figure they made) or like just popular alternate versions of the characters we already have, like a Bombshell Harley Quinn or Batgirl or maybe a Red Son variant of Superman. 
Seeing this, especially with the coming price hike, has just left me wanting more. They only made 16 Minifigures, instead of the usual 20 and their choices were the most boring and bland things they could come up with, really. And that kind of disappoints me. 
But idk, seeing how excited you guys are, maybe it is just me being a sourpuss. 

1 hour ago, Frozen Assasin said:

Having finally seen the full list and images I am kind of disappointed.

I'm on the same page with you, but I hope it's just the beginning. They can't stop with just a single wave. Also, with the price increase it helps me to choose wisely and start saving that money for the batmobile :)

1 hour ago, Frozen Assasin said:

Having finally seen the full list and images I am kind of disappointed. I will try to get Huntress and maybe the original Batman but for the rest, they are all boring and safe choices with maybe Metamorpho, Stargirl and Simon Baz GL as the major exceptions. 
When I first heard about this CMF series I actually got excited about it since I thought that Lego could go really crazy with it, show us the true potential of CMF and give us some characters that are a bit more obscure or mature to put in regular lego sets. I am talking Swamp Thing, John Constantine, Zatanna Zatara, Dream or Death of the Endless and so on and so forth. Or maybe they could release some really specific variants to tie in with the upcoming CoIE special the CW is planning (I was thinking stuff like Smallville!Clark Kent or a rerelease of that exclusive GA figure they made) or like just popular alternate versions of the characters we already have, like a Bombshell Harley Quinn or Batgirl or maybe a Red Son variant of Superman. 
Seeing this, especially with the coming price hike, has just left me wanting more. They only made 16 Minifigures, instead of the usual 20 and their choices were the most boring and bland things they could come up with, really. And that kind of disappoints me. 
But idk, seeing how excited you guys are, maybe it is just me being a sourpuss. 

I’m not overly fond of them either. I usually end up getting about half a series the last few years(except I bought my first box...Harry Potter). But these just don’t excite me really. As I said above, I only have two must buys & one, GL, is mostly because I have all the other ones. 

I'm getting the whole series, since I'm trying to get as many DC characters as possible, whether they are official, custom printed, or purist customs, so this series is great for that, but here's my thoughts:                            Aquaman: boring and a wasted spot since he isn't a new character and is a bit bland, although that hook is good for sea king.    Batman (Earth-One)- good for jsa and that head is good for customs Batmite- great character and I love that comic cover.             Bumblebee- good for teen titans fans, but is a bit bland, although it allows for more diversity.      Cyborg- I like the prints and helmet. That's it.                            Jay Garrick- awesome for jsa and flash fans, helmet great for rival. Simon Baz- guy, Kyle, abin, or literally 100 lanterns would be better than this somewhat boring lantern from a horrid time in dc history, although the prints are amazing.                              Huntress- Batwoman hair with purple and black would be better, but perfect other than that.               Metamorpho- good for jsa fans, torso could be used for two face goon, rest is useless.                        Mister Miracle- great character, prints are useless.                              Cheetah- good for golden age/earth-two fans, money bag and tail good.                                       Joker (Earth-34)- love dkr and torso and legs good for 2-face-2.     Sinestro- lantern ring and battery good, rest is a waste of a spot.        Star girl- good for jsa fans, nice prints.                                                     Superman- wasted spot, daily planet tile good, parts useless.        Wonder woman- good for jsa fans, parts good for wonder girl (I think)

Sorry for wall of text