Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

Just out of curiosity, how many members wanted to get both the UCS Batmobile and the GWP Batmobile this weekend but couldn't get the GWP because it was sold out? I had some trouble with the site accepting payment information but ended up going thru after repeated attempts by my wife and myself. We got both Batmobiles and the Christmas tree. I do like the UCS Batmobile but would have waited to buy for some time if it did not come with the other Batmobile.

If I'd not have been given the other Batmobile with it I'd not have bought it on the day of release but whenever it'd be available second hand. So far, every time I bought something on the day of release I'd see it go on sale a few months later. Bought the Unimog for 220 Euro and then found it for 160 several months later. I get why LEGO does these things but it's why I've stopped buying things from the official store.

3 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

Just out of curiosity, how many members wanted to get both the UCS Batmobile and the GWP Batmobile this weekend but couldn't get the GWP because it was sold out? I had some trouble with the site accepting payment information but ended up going thru after repeated attempts by my wife and myself. We got both Batmobiles and the Christmas tree. I do like the UCS Batmobile but would have waited to buy for some time if it did not come with the other Batmobile.

I would of waited.  Lego know how to reel in the die hards!

6 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

It took me around an hour just after midnight to get the site working, but eventually placed my order, which is still in the warehouse.  If I hadn't managed to get to the site, I would have driven to a LEGO store 50 miles away on Friday.  If they didn't have the GWP, I probably would have waited until a VIP X 2 event was running to buy the big mobile, I think.

Just finished the Big Batmobile, took about 12-14 hours.

I like that the rear wheels show some deformation in the rubber due to the weight.

That said, it looks soooooo good in person, much better than on pictures. And the size... it's just like she said :P

Edited by TheDeeGee

40 minutes ago, TheDeeGee said:

I like that the rear wheels show some deformation in the rubber due to the weight.

I wonder if that was part of the reason they chose to have it on a raised base. 

Just now, The Pearson said:

Jay has new lightning pieces!

Those aren't new, they've been around for a year or two

Can anyone make out what Jokers tile is supposed to represent?

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can anyone make out what Jokers tile is supposed to represent?

I'm assuming a new design for a joker playing card.

The packaging looks so good! :grin_wub: Love those new clear posing parts they introduced too.

Cheetah, Bat-Mite and Huntress are my favorites, but every figure looks so great. I almost want to collect them all for the first time.

I only want the minifigs but I hate buying them loose. :( Will we ever have a movie minifig that is not sold with a ginormous set that costs a fortune? Begins Batman, TDK Joker, SS Harley Quinn and now these 3... that's starting to get old. Even the Arkham Knight Batman was sold in an overpriced set.

So glad to see the official images, it means it wasn’t all an elaborate ruse to wind me up and I can get properly excited about this :grin:

Right, so I've just finished building the Batmobile and decided to post a small review. Just for reference sake; the last new set I bought was the Mini Cooper and before that a few of the big Technic trucks. I spend most my money on LEGO from 1980-1995 and rarely buy a new set anymore as I always feel there's something missing. This Batmobile made me decide to spend a whole lot of money on a new set. I always drew the line at 200 Euro's but with the free mini Batmobile and Christmas tree I decided to do it anyway. After about 6 hours of building here's my verdict;

It's spectacular. There's really not a lot wrong with it. Sure, some of the curves are off but it does look better in the flesh than on pictures. I'm not saying pictures don't do it justice but once you're holding it in your hands you find out how large and heavy this set is. Much like a lot of other people for me this is the definitive Batmobile. I remember staying up late as a kid just to see Batman on TV and have always wondered why other Batmobiles just never were as cool as this one, so in a way this is a dream come true. As for the rest of the content; I could do without the minifigs, the display thing and would rather they'd have included some kind of Batman that'd fit this Batmobile instead. I never understood the fascination a lot of people have with minifigs anyway, to me they're all the same really. That display thing is just more bricks.

Another thing I noticed is the insane amount of pieces that are new to me. Mind you, I'm not as up to date as a lot of you are but there's so many small pieces I'd never seen before. It's why the build took me longer than I expected. I was constantly searching for pieces I'd never seen. I've no idea how many new pieces this set holds but would I still be building MOCS I'd have a field day with this set I guess.

So yeah, a pretty great set. I've no idea why LEGO keeps changing scales though. I bought the campervan and then the Mini and noticed they're not in the same scale. This Batmobile is obviously in a completely different scale again and it makes it hard to pose your cars next to eachother. The Tumbler isn't in this scale either. That said, I wouldn't mind if they'd release an A-Team Van or a General Lee in the same scale like this. Or maybe the Batwing next year? As for now, I'm glad I spend that much money on this set. All I've got to do now is convince the wife this model needs to be displayed in the living room.

Edited by RNRS001

The CMF series is a bit of an anti-climactic reveal, given that all of them already leaked, with their accessories to boot. I'm personally not too attached to any of these characters, so I think I'll just get Mr Miracle since I liked him in the late 80s Justice League International, and he's just got such a great, loud design.

I'll probably also pick up one of the lanterns, primarily for the lantern piece itself, and maybe Bumblebee for her useful parts.

This series for sure is not for everyone, but at least it's not quite as niche as TLBM Series 2. I'll be interested to see if a DC series becomes something semi-regular, or if it won't do well enough for that.

6 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

This series for sure is not for everyone, but at least it's not quite as niche as TLBM Series 2. I'll be interested to see if a DC series becomes something semi-regular, or if it won't do well enough for that.

Althouhg I like the series a lot I have seen way more people hate it than love it, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the last DC CMF. Tbh this CMF was a big surprise to begin with after TLBM Series 2 warmed shelves

90% of the "hate" I've seen for this series is people asking/crying about why DC got another series (which is not really true considering that the previous two Batman CMF series were mainly joke variants, D-list Batman villains, or characters based on how they appeared in the 70s, not a serious attempt of making a series with comic figures like we got with this one) but Marvel, or more specifically the MCU, didn't.

And it ticks me off because these people apparently can't spend a few minutes to google and find out that Lego LEGALLY can't make a Marvel CMF series because of Hasbro being the only company to have the rights to sell the characters as individually packaged figures. Why do you think the Marvel Funko Pops are always bobble heads, but the DC ones are regular vinyl figures?.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Word of advice for those with the UCS Batmobile.

Do NOT slide the canopy without lifting it up, it will leave scratches on the 1x8 smoothed tile below it.

Lucky i found there are two 1x8 tiles used out of sight for the angled constructions with vents next to the canopy, so i swaped it with the scratched one.

5 hours ago, Borex said:

Those clear posing parts look like a fun nice new addition. 

Those parts are going to be fun especially for posing figs in MOC's.  I'll definitely be picking up a bunch of these.  

I wonder if those trans clear posing pieces will make it into SH sets going forward.  It would be a shame if they don’t take full advantage of these ASAP. 

Me may like or hate this minifigure series, but we have to appreciate the box art design. It looks phenomenal :wub:

This series is a mixed bag for me. I love variants such as Batman, Aquaman and Jay Garrick. Cyborg, Joker, Supes, Wonder Woman, Simon Baz, Huntress and Bat-Mite are all great, but the rest minifigures are just not interesting for me. I get why people do like those choices, but I feel they could be much better.

9 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

And it ticks me off because these people apparently can't spend a few minutes to google and find out that Lego LEGALLY can't make a Marvel CMF series because of Hasbro being the only company to have the rights to sell the characters as individually packaged figures. Why do you think the Marvel Funko Pops are always bobble heads, but the DC ones are regular vinyl figures?.

Exactly, it's almost as annoying as people asking when something releases. You're already using a digital device, the answer is only one google away

9 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

90% of the "hate" I've seen for this series is people asking/crying about why DC got another series (which is not really true considering that the previous two Batman CMF series were mainly joke variants, D-list Batman villains, or characters based on how they appeared in the 70s, not a serious attempt of making a series with comic figures like we got with this one) but Marvel, or more specifically the MCU, didn't.

Same for Star Wars too!

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly, it's almost as annoying as people asking when something releases. You're already using a digital device, the answer is only one google away

By the way, when does the CMF release?