Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

17 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I don't doubt DC will produce their own mini-mechs like the Marvel ones, which could actually turn out rather nicely if done properly. The Marvel ones are pretty nice, it's just some fit the characters better than others

So what do we think? My guesses would be Batman, Lex and a Green Lantern (with the mech being a construct) and possibly a Joker one thrown into a regular set, like how the Venom one is

A pipe dream, but I would love STRIPES to go with Stargirl

18 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I don't doubt DC will produce their own mini-mechs like the Marvel ones, which could actually turn out rather nicely if done properly. The Marvel ones are pretty nice, it's just some fit the characters better than others

So what do we think? My guesses would be Batman, Lex and a Green Lantern (with the mech being a construct) and possibly a Joker one thrown into a regular set, like how the Venom one is

I would say superman is mroe likely than shazam If we're going off marvel, as it's the most famous marvel characters (spider-man and MCU iron man) and people commonly seen as their archenemies

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would say superman is mroe likely than shazam If we're going off marvel, as it's the most famous marvel characters (spider-man and MCU iron man) and people commonly seen as their archenemies

I didn't mention Shazam :tongue:

But, I assume you mean Green Lantern, which is probably fair, I just want characters that would actually use a mech, well, ever (though that didn't stop them with Spidey or Thanos) :laugh:

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

I could see a Cyborg mech happening.

That’s a great prediction! Batman is a given, let’s be honest with ourselves.

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Batman.

Wonder Woman ( movie comes out)

Joker ( movie success, just the name reads sales)

What about the fourth one?

9 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

possibly a Joker one thrown into a regular set, like how the Venom one is

Would it be too much of a pipe dream for it to be Toyman maybe? He'd be such a cool fit

9 hours ago, The Pearson said:

A pipe dream, but I would love STRIPES to go with Stargirl

Yes a million times yes please and thank you, take my money

11 hours ago, J4ck said:

What about the fourth one?

so if we do get a mech it would need to be in a set, as per MARVEL right?

9 DC sets we know of

1 is WW84 - 4PLUS

my guesstimate for the other 8 and if they were to follow MARVELS trend and DC from previous years, would be 

1. - Mecha Batman

2. - Mecha - Wonder Woman

3 -  Mecha - Joker

4 - Batman Set - Monster Truck Batmobile (seems to be a lot of vehicles with big wheels) design based off the comic, yes there is one

5 - Batman Set - Helicopter, well not that I want one, but we haven't had one in a long time - villain could be Black Mask - in private jet with big guns of course 

6 - Batman Set - Water Vehicle - something medium sized and fast, small boat with big megablocks engines vs Penguin mini sub (haven't had one in years  - recycle) 

7 - DC Set - Green Lantern Mecha vs Red Lanterns Mecha 

8 - DC Set - Superman and Flash team up vs Metallo and King Shark, kicker a small bat vehicle (need the bats) 

Ahh the joy of dreaming Lego set releases!

52 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

9 DC sets we know of

1 is WW84 - 4PLUS

Wait, what? Is this you speculating or did someone actually confirm the Wonder Woman 1984 set is 4+?

32 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Wait, what? Is this you speculating or did someone actually confirm the Wonder Woman 1984 set is 4+?

Pretty sure Falconfan said it was 4+, not 100% sure though

If the payoff for mecha is decent minifigures, I’m ok with that. As has been mentioned already, the odds of them being well trod characters are fairly high. All I want in a Batmech is the Justice Buster, but it’s not going to happen that way. I would love a Black Manta mech, but again it either won’t happen or if it did it won’t be based on the comics. Cyborg would be pretty neat. If we have Joker then some inspiration from LB2 wouldn’t hurt. Luthor doesn’t need another one, he’s dead anyway. The Toyman idea I like. There needs to be someone who either can’t feasibly afford one or doesn’t need one, it’s Lego after all.

8 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I thought it was a 4+ comic book wonder woman set and a retail exclusive Wonder Woman 1984 set, but I know nothing, that's just what I thought had been said on the thread, perhaps I'm remembering it wrong?

On 11/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, Duncan Young said:

I didn't mention Shazam :tongue:

But, I assume you mean Green Lantern, which is probably fair, I just want characters that would actually use a mech, well, ever (though that didn't stop them with Spidey or Thanos) :laugh:

Yes, I meant green lantern. Who, admitedly, would make more sense, but like you say we got spidey and thanos mechs

I found some reviews for the GWP Batmobile recently this past week and besides the fact that it looks even more beautiful in the review pictures, it's also completely in scale when you put a Batman minifigure next to it. :wub:  

Interesting thing to note, I just found this set on the Australian Lego Shop at Home page where it has it priced at a $50 value, which when converted to USD is approx. $33 or $45 CAD: https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/mini-batmobile-40433-40433

QDLDGwg.png

Edited by MisterBatfleck

11 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I found some reviews for the GWP Batmobile recently this past week and besides the fact that it looks even more beautiful in the review pictures, it's also completely in scale when you put a Batman minifigure next to it. :wub:  

Interesting thing to note, I just found this set on the Australian Lego Shop at Home page where it has it priced at a $50 value, which when converted to USD is approx. $33 or $45 CAD: https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/mini-batmobile-40433-40433

QDLDGwg.png

That looks INCREDIBLE. I’ve been refreshing the Lego page every hour to see if the UCS 89 Batmobile is available. I really don’t want to miss out on the GWP Batmobile.

Edited by Moon_Knight

53 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Are we getting comic DC sets next year? As well as the cmf?

Not in January that much is certain. We are expected to get comic sets later next year.

12 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Interesting thing to note, I just found this set on the Australian Lego Shop at Home page where it has it priced at a $50 value, which when converted to USD is approx. $33 or $45 CAD

It makes sense. it's a 366 piece GWP so it's logical for Lego to value it around $30. 

Lucky, site seems to be down for me.  I cannot log in and when I try adding to cart it says unexpected error.  Very frustrating