Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I will create and open 2020 threads for all appropriate Licensed themes on January 1st 2020. Until then please keep all theme discussions in 2019 threads, regardless of street date releases. 

This is a new format I’m going with. It prevents discussions from splitting, prevents essentially duplicate threads from simultaneously existing, and makes the forum itself easy to navigate. 

Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

What do you all think the stock situation will be like in stores for the release of the 1989 Batmobile on the 29th? I'd love to buy it on release but am unable to get to my nearest store before 4pm. Only issues I've had with store stock is queuing before opening for the 75252 Star Destroyer, and stores often being out of stock of the Stranger Things set. Treehouse and Disney Station I've managed to get on release, but set stocks varies depending on the popularity of the set, date of release and freebies accompanying it.

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

What do you all think the stock situation will be like in stores for the release of the 1989 Batmobile on the 29th? I'd love to buy it on release but am unable to get to my nearest store before 4pm. Only issues I've had with store stock is queuing before opening for the 75252 Star Destroyer, and stores often being out of stock of the Stranger Things set. Treehouse and Disney Station I've managed to get on release, but set stocks varies depending on the popularity of the set, date of release and freebies accompanying it.

Could you order it online? That would guarantee the freebie as well.

20 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Could you order it online? That would guarantee the freebie as well.

Idk how fast shipping in Canada is but here in the Netherlands it takes 3-5 days. So going to a store is preferable to ordering online if you want it fast

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Idk how fast shipping in Canada is but here in the Netherlands it takes 3-5 days. So going to a store is preferable to ordering online if you want it fast

Same for us I’m the UK. Waiting 5 days to wait for a set you paid is nothing really. Well not to me it isn’t.

I haven't bought a new LEGO set since the AROCS, which was already 4 years ago. I've always felt there was something lacking with newer sets but I can't find anything wrong with this Batmobile. It's the first time I'm buying it on the day it gets released and I honestly can't wait for it to arrive.

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

I hope he has a hood, so the face can be double sided in a manner similar to Shazam's.

Hood and hair, a concept that escaped Lego with Shazam. A slicker version of the Werewolf/Beast Boy hair would be great.

I haven't really kept up with the leaks for next year. Other than the CMF series, do we know any of the sets coming out?

13 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

I haven't really kept up with the leaks for next year. Other than the CMF series, do we know any of the sets coming out?

Based on the information we currently have there will be no new sets in January just the CMF. We do have a list with set numbers for the Super Heroes theme but I believe it is uncertain how many of those will be for DC and how many for Marvel.

I've finally decided that I'm going to buy the 1989 Batmobile. I've never pre-ordered Lego before or stood in line at a Lego store to get a set. Can you guys give me some tips and tricks? With the release of the 1989 Batmobile being on Black Friday, I imagine it's going to be a beast to get a hold of.

16 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Based on the information we currently have there will be no new sets in January just the CMF. We do have a list with set numbers for the Super Heroes theme but I believe it is uncertain how many of those will be for DC and how many for Marvel.

I’m not so sure about that.

If there are sets for March, we won’t know just yet.

15 hours ago, J4ck said:

I’m not so sure about that.

If there are sets for March, we won’t know just yet.

I mean depends, if there is a retail exclusive then maybe but as for regular sets then we would know by now if there was regular non retail exclusive sets coming 

3 hours ago, Borex said:

A the Rock cmf series? 

Well there is that, a Lego chronology of Dwayne Johnson would be good for a laugh, but specifically Black Adam. Followed by OG Scorpion King :wink:

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We can only hope.

Jesus that would be fantastic. He’s one of the pieces of bread in my hunk sandwich. 

On 11/15/2019 at 6:15 PM, Moon_Knight said:

I've finally decided that I'm going to buy the 1989 Batmobile. I've never pre-ordered Lego before or stood in line at a Lego store to get a set. Can you guys give me some tips and tricks? With the release of the 1989 Batmobile being on Black Friday, I imagine it's going to be a beast to get a hold of.

Just log onto the website around 11pm on November 28th and keeping refreshing, should be fairly easy to get hold of.

Dwayne Johnson just announced the Justice Society in the Black Adam film. We could finally get a Doctor Fate minifigure.

I haven't really been paying attention to new sets in well over a year due to financial constraints and I just kind of plugged back in to check out what's coming up and the seeming lack of upcoming sets is a bummer but a CMF set (and the peaks at the minifigs I found online) are amaaaaaazing and I'm super excited to snag each of them, which will be especially great cause my wallet was not looking forward to shelling out hundreds any time soon lol

(but when are they finally gonna give me Guy and Kyle?! :tongue: )

Edited by retrotaco

I don't doubt DC will produce their own mini-mechs like the Marvel ones, which could actually turn out rather nicely if done properly. The Marvel ones are pretty nice, it's just some fit the characters better than others

So what do we think? My guesses would be Batman, Lex and a Green Lantern (with the mech being a construct) and possibly a Joker one thrown into a regular set, like how the Venom one is