Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

8 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I don’t think we know for a fact we’re not getting January 1st sets. :wink:

If you actually know some something, and it's an actual hint, then the only option is a retailer exclusive.

There's a look at that new "action" pose piece that looked like joysticks for Wonder Woman in the usual place.

Looks like a cool little invention to get people at a nice non 90degree angle! me likely! - although.. I wonder if this means the baseplates have hollow studs so it attaches?

Edited by MatBoyWonder

2 hours ago, MatBoyWonder said:

I wonder if this means the baseplates have hollow studs so it attaches?

I think it’s been reported that each minifig comes with a 1x2 jumper plate, just like in the picture :classic: My only gripe with it is that the colours of the jumper plates and baseplates don‘t seem to match :sceptic:

Edit: the leaked Mister Miracle bag contained a black jumper plate, so they‘re either different colours or the person who leaked the new trans-clear piece used the wrong plate for whatever reason...

Edited by Lego-Freak

14 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Do you know something we don't? DC and Marvel switch their releases every year, and we already know Marvel's getting the January wave this year.

Marvel and DC both had January waves last year though? Plus we’ve got mighty micros released simultaneously before too.

I don’t think this is done by design, it just happens to occur as many Marvel sets coincide with the film’s they’re based off release. 

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think it’s been reported that each minifig comes with a 1x2 jumper plate, just like in the picture :classic: My only gripe with it is that the colours of the jumper plates and baseplates don‘t seem to match :sceptic:

Is it not possible those pieces could also come in sets?

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Marvel and DC both had January waves last year though? Plus we’ve got mighty micros released simultaneously before too.

I don’t think this is done by design, it just happens to occur as many Marvel sets coincide with the film’s they’re based off release. 

Is it not possible those pieces could also come in sets?

But this year DC doesn't have January sets. CMF in January, then WW84 set in May, and then some summer sets. 

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But this year DC doesn't have January sets. CMF in January, then WW84 set in May, and then some summer sets. 

Exactly. That's what I was kvetching about earlier.

This is a bit far beyond 2019, but I'm excited at the prospect of sets based around Reeve's 'The Batman.' Given LEGO's predisposition towards Batman, it could be the first time that a live-action solo Batman movie gets a full wave of sets based around it. 

48 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

This is a bit far beyond 2019, but I'm excited at the prospect of sets based around Reeve's 'The Batman.' Given LEGO's predisposition towards Batman, it could be the first time that a live-action solo Batman movie gets a full wave of sets based around it. 

Rumor has it it will be an adaptation of The Long Halloween, so that means a lot of villains will appear

3 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

Batman, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, Mad Hatter and Firefly - those would make some amazing minifigures based on the movie. It will be a regular PG-13 DC movie, so I really hope it gets a few sets (just like new Spider-Man movies).

I can almost guarantee we'll get sets for The Batman. He's already Lego's bread and butter for their DC sets, and I'd eat my shoe if we didn't end up getting at least a few sets to tie-in with the movie when it comes out in 2021. And we could finally get a Mad Hatter minifigure that way since Lego doesn't seem to want to include him in a comic Batman set or the CMF series at this point.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, Soupperson1 said:

I don’t think we know for a fact we’re not getting January 1st sets. :wink:

You’re absolutely right! It’ll be March. I think everybody here forgets the cycle DC and Marvel sets do. One year it’s DC in January and Marvel in March and the next year its swapped around. Well next year Marvel is getting the January slots meaning we won’t here anything about DC for a short while.

22 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Edit: the leaked Mister Miracle bag contained a black jumper plate, so they‘re either different colours or the person who leaked the new trans-clear piece used the wrong plate for whatever reason...

No they will. The example used was out of the guy’s collection I mean he used marvel figures to show the pose piece off.

14 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

If the costume designs are on the same level as the casting, I'd be in for a cheap year.

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

If the costume designs are on the same level as the casting, I'd be in for a cheap year.

What's that supposed to mean? I completely understand this is 100% subjective but almost all actors on the castlist are very well known actors/actresses including Robert Pattinson, Colin Farell and Andy Serkis. 

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What's that supposed to mean? I completely understand this is 100% subjective but almost all actors on the castlist are very well known actors/actresses including Robert Pattinson, Colin Farell and Andy Serkis. 

Exactly. They're all not what you'd expect, which is why the choices are so intriguing to me :classic: I certainly wouldn't say no to new minifig representations of Serkis, Pattinson and Farrell plus the first minifigs of Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright and Zoe Kravitz (unless Leta shows up in the second WW CMF series that is). 

Either way, since that's a 2021 release, this discussion probably needs to be postponed until next year :wink:

The comparison at the end really impressed me. 60cm is pretty large and compared to the UCS Batmobile MOC it's a beast.

40 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, BrickVault on YouTube just put a review up for the UCS '89 Batmobile, thanking TLG for providing the set? :def_shrug: 

I really like that, according to the brick vault video, that the pieces come in numbered bags up to 24, so you are only sifting through a hundred or so pieces at a time. That is great, it's how every Lego set should be and a far better solution than all the ugly colour vomit! 

Yep, official pictures look amazing, and I love that there are pop-up machine guns and a rotating display stand! The price is the best case scenario, and I’m impressed that there are three new pieces altogether- that windshield is awesome and I’m surprised they made custom tires for the front wheels. The back wheels are definitely using the Tumbler tires. Can’t wait to pick this up! 

"those who purchase the set between 29th November and 5th December will receive an exclusive mini replica of the original model as a free gift available in limited quantities."

Welp, looks like it's off to eBay for me.

Edited by MisterBatfleck