Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

The CMF Batman doesn't reuse the same head from the new sets, he has goggles on his head as opposed to the usual old white band

18 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

It also says:

"Even if the exact condition for receiving the exclusive free bonus is not yet known, the pictures look promising."

I don't think the person who wrote the article has any idea whatsoever. It seems more likely that they stumbled upon these pictures by pure luck than actually having an official press release from Lego. 

Fingers crossed then 

12 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The CMF Batman doesn't reuse the same head from the new sets, he has goggles on his head as opposed to the usual old white band

He has goggles in the latest sets though, not that white band. I haven't seen the CMF head on its own yet but I'm 90% sure it's the same as this:

Lego Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Balaclava, Large White Goggles, Light Flesh Face, Neutral / Grin Pattern - Hollow Stud

3 hours ago, nikhkin said:

It may simply have a minimum spend requirement, rather than being linked to only the D2C set. 

I can't remember there being many set-specific GWPs. The only ones I can recall are Winter Soldier with the Helicarrier and Mr Freeze with the 1966 Batcave (that one may have been minimum spend, though). 

Let´s wait and see. Maybe it is different in each country, too. I got a winter soldier buing a modular house.

I have to agree that the D2C is gorgeous and the minifigure scale one is even prettier. But i won´t buy the first. It needs too much room and i can´t make funny Scenes with minifigs because of the scale. I will get the minifig sized batmobil even if i have to buy it from ebay. It is easily the best version out there and the first set i am going to get since two years. In my opinion it is a great mistake not to sell it as a normal set.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

He has goggles in the latest sets though, not that white band. I haven't seen the CMF head on its own yet but I'm 90% sure it's the same as this:

The goggles look like more traditional with a brown band, almost like pilot goggles. Also theres less flesh on the head than your photo, and its squarer, but rounded in shape

I’m kind of glad that I’m not alone in wanting the GWP rather than the D2C, but I hope for Lego’s sake it sells well.

Do we know when the GWP will be available? Is it only going to be available for a month?

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fingers crossed then 

It’s a new goggles face, not a reuse. 

If you have to buy the D2C 89 Batmobile to get the GWP 89 Batmobile, that’s really going to bum me out. I would much rather have the GWP Batmobile. Not even the Michael Keaton Batman minifig with the cowl is going to fit in the GWP so there’s no point to get the D2C for me. If it’s required to buy the D2C, then I might just buy it and sell it or I’ll just bricklink the GWP.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fingers crossed then 

They feel more like old school aviator googles. Also, there's less of face print.

39 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s a new goggles face, not a reuse. 

That's good to hear

2 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

If you have to buy the D2C 89 Batmobile to get the GWP 89 Batmobile, that’s really going to bum me out. I would much rather have the GWP Batmobile. Not even the Michael Keaton Batman minifig with the cowl is going to fit in the GWP so there’s no point to get the D2C for me. If it’s required to buy the D2C, then I might just buy it and sell it or I’ll just bricklink the GWP.

I completely agree, 99% of my collection is either minifigure scale or ''normal set scale'' (like the normal Mil. Falcons). I really don't know what I would do with the D2C besides building it once and sorting the bricks out into my loose parts collection. And as I'm not willing to pay the most likely fairly high price for '89 Batman I really have no need for the GWP set.

I’ve finally found the side view of Jay Garrick and I’m really pleased to see the wings. Also the helmet looks good side on. Get on.

As much as I'd like to have that UCS Batmobile, I really don't have the space for it. While gorgeous looking, I really can't go through with it since I'm really just going to end up blowing $300+ CAD for a giant display model. I'll end up buying the minifigures separate, though I don't see much use for the Keaton Batman thanks to that new cape piece that prevents him from either sitting down or sitting in a vehicle. And since the cape is connected both to the cowl and the logo, you lose it all if you take it off.

That minifigure scale 89 Batmobile is another story. It's what I've wanted ever since the original Batman line and after going through countless "inspired" variations of it that Lego has made over the years, I'm finally getting a 100% accurate rendition of it that can fit a minifigure. Just remove those stud shooters and replace it with some tiles and it's good to go. I really hope it isn't a GWP with the UCS version, otherwise I'm going to have to go through a bloody bidding war on eBay where I'll probably end up paying triple the price for it. But I guess if it comes to that, I'll just Bricklink the pieces and make it myself.

I think it’s more likely that the minifigure scale version will be free with purchases of $75+ when the UCS Batmobile releases, like the mini versions of the Creator Expert cars. 

By the way, is there any word on what next years sets are other than the Batmobile and the CMFs? I'm really curious what we might get.

1 hour ago, FastFlash said:

By the way, is there any word on what next years sets are other than the Batmobile and the CMFs? I'm really curious what we might get.

Wonder Woman 1984 set, probably in May. That's all we know. Of course there are some set numbers, and there are sets coming in June, but we know nothing about them.

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wonder Woman 1984 set, probably in May. That's all we know. Of course there are some set numbers, and there are sets coming in June, but we know nothing about them.

That's too bad we're not getting a proper wave in December, even if we're getting the CMFs. I really enjoyed some of the previous year sets. 

9 minutes ago, dr jones said:

Doesn't that GWP look like a lot of pieces for a €75 freebie?

Sure does! Looks great. Definitely a promo because of the set number.

3 hours ago, FastFlash said:

That's too bad we're not getting a proper wave in December, even if we're getting the CMFs. I really enjoyed some of the previous year sets. 

I don’t think we know for a fact we’re not getting January 1st sets. :wink:

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Perhaps you're right but I still feel like we would have known something by now. Time will tell, I guess.

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Do you know something we don't? DC and Marvel switch their releases every year, and we already know Marvel's getting the January wave this year.