Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I’m going to reserve my review reading until a legitimate reviewer gets them. I’m going to buy them anyway, but I’ll read a review :grin:

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m going to reserve my review reading until a legitimate reviewer gets them. I’m going to buy them anyway, but I’ll read a review :grin:

You didn't even accuse anyone else of this and I honestly feel so attacked right now. :laugh_hard:

5 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

You didn't even accuse anyone else of this and I honestly feel so attacked right now. :laugh_hard:

Sorry, I don’t understand.

And this is what happens when Lego reveals D2Cs like a week before the release - not only we got leaked pictures of it a week ago, but today you can find it at store. They really need to change their strategy.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And this is what happens when Lego reveals D2Cs like a week before the release - not only we got leaked pictures of it a week ago, but today you can find it at store. They really need to change their strategy.

Yup, if it’s a strategy, it needs to actually be strategic!

€280 better news than I was expecting

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They should announce their D2C's a month before they release like they used to do. Their new announcementschedule (1 week before release) is really bad, especially now almost every single D2C set leaks

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They should announce their D2C's a month before they release like they used to do. Their new announcementschedule (1 week before release) is really bad, especially now almost every single D2C set leaks

Didn't it change because of how quickly the Chinese companies were managing to pump out knockoffs? 

I'd much prefer a month's notice. It makes it easier to allocate the money for a set. Although I guess they get a lot of impulse purchases with a late reveal. People see it just before release, get excited and buy it right away, whereas with a month to think about it some people may end up not getting the set once the hype dies down. 

Of course, you're absolutely right. They look incompetent when images of the sets leak a month early and half the time stores are even selling the sets before the announcement. 

€280 probably means $280, so while it’s not as good as $250 at least it’s not $300. Really wish they’d just reveal these things before shipping them out to stores.

57 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

€280 probably means $280, so while it’s not as good as $250 at least it’s not $300. Really wish they’d just reveal these things before shipping them out to stores.

Don't forget that the image is from a duty free shop in an airport. That means it doesn't include tax and the normal sale price would be higher. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It's way more likely to be $250, lego really screws Europe over when it comes to switching currencies. A 100$ set should be priced at around 90 euro, yet most cost 110 to 120 euro 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The rumoured price is 250€, not 280€.

Sorry, I was just going by the price that seems to be on the photos of the model in-store. I thought it looked like €270-something.

Don't mind the pricetag. It's just the danish price translated from DKK into EUR. Ridiculously, Lego is more expensive in Denmark than where you pay in Euros. It will surely be 249,99€!

1 hour ago, Al Legoric said:

Don't mind the pricetag. It's just the danish price translated from DKK into EUR. Ridiculously, Lego is more expensive in Denmark than where you pay in Euros. It will surely be 249,99€!

Thanks! Less expensive is good news!

...although that does seem crazy that it’s more expensive in Denmark.

360° view of Jay Garrick just surfaced, and oh my, he looks incredible. His helmet looks amazing from the side. His boots have those little details on the side. It's perfect.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

360° view of Jay Garrick just surfaced, and oh my, he looks incredible. His helmet looks amazing from the side. His boots have those little details on the side. It's perfect.

Definetely one of my faves for this series! And the side leg printing is perfect *oh2*

PromoBricks - LEGO 40433 1989 Batmobile: Official Images

lego-dc-batmobil.limited-edition-1989-40433-gwp-0001.jpg

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Heh, the helmet even doesn't look as oversized as it'd initially did! I just love the jacket etching! :thumbup: :blush:

The GWP looks about a 1000 times better than the D2C (mostly because it's minifigure-scale). Too bad you can only get it by buying the D2C but I don't feel like it's a must-have so that's okay

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Too bad you can only get it by buying the D2C but I don't feel like it's a must-have so that's okay

It may simply have a minimum spend requirement, rather than being linked to only the D2C set. 

I can't remember there being many set-specific GWPs. The only ones I can recall are Winter Soldier with the Helicarrier and Mr Freeze with the 1966 Batcave (that one may have been minimum spend, though). 

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The GWP looks about a 1000 times better than the D2C (mostly because it's minifigure-scale).

But the D2C potentially has an all-new windshield part that could be reused for SPACESHIP! MOCs... :oh:

Priorities man... :tongue:

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The GWP looks about a 1000 times better than the D2C (mostly because it's minifigure-scale). Too bad you can only get it by buying the D2C but I don't feel like it's a must-have so that's okay

Oh my!

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

It may simply have a minimum spend requirement, rather than being linked to only the D2C set. 

I can't remember there being many set-specific GWPs. The only ones I can recall are Winter Soldier with the Helicarrier and Mr Freeze with the 1966 Batcave (that one may have been minimum spend, though). 

The article said it would be exclusive to the D2C so that will most likely be the case

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The article said it would be exclusive to the D2C so that will most likely be the case

It also says:

"Even if the exact condition for receiving the exclusive free bonus is not yet known, the pictures look promising."

I don't think the person who wrote the article has any idea whatsoever. It seems more likely that they stumbled upon these pictures by pure luck than actually having an official press release from Lego.