Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

That’s a great looking build, but I’m going to pass on this because my focus is on minifigure scale. The Batman looks really good and is a very nice nod to the film counterpart by having a non-moving cowl and big cape. I like that we get Vicki Vale, even if this is the only way. I’ve always maintained my view of Nicholson Joker, so I will not miss having him. Don’t get me wrong, I would love this set but there’s no way I can justify it financially, spatially or contextually. If I can get the GWP set without having to buy this one I will be happy.

Absolutely adore this set. Might be my first UCS buy considering how relatively inexpensive it is for a license UCS set.

A new detailed picture of Joker and Batman is leaked.

Batman´s one piece cape-mask-combination and the print of the Joker minifig is really amazing.

Just seen the pics and I like the look of it, the button batmobile was always my favourite. Think like other people have said I want to see it before I decide to buy.

I think the model is about 24 studs wide, which is pretty big. It looks great so far and I'm sure it will looks better in the official pictures.

I'm having a hard time seeing 3300 pieces here, though. Of course they are there, I'm just wondering how complex the inner build is.

300USD? Hopefully no more than 350CAD, but I'm keeping expectations low.

5 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I think the model is about 24 studs wide, which is pretty big. It looks great so far and I'm sure it will looks better in the official pictures.

I'm having a hard time seeing 3300 pieces here, though. Of course they are there, I'm just wondering how complex the inner build is.

300USD? Hopefully no more than 350CAD, but I'm keeping expectations low.

Apparently $250 USD.

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If the price is really $250 USD I will jump for joy. That would be a fantastic price. 

That would be indeed be a great price, but I'll still pass on it :tongue:

Stunning bat mobile - but why can’t it split, Brickvault’s one can - with half the bricks.

Anyway, looks better than the MOCs, which is rare with licensed sets.

1 hour ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Stunning bat mobile - but why can’t it split, Brickvault’s one can - with half the bricks.

Anyway, looks better than the MOCs, which is rare with licensed sets.

The only thing I can think of is that this is the 89 version. The one that splits was based on the 92 version. 

Model looks great! 

9 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Is this a november or december release? If it's November, then the press release ought to be next week.

I've read it releases on the 29th, so we can expect the press release around the 22th

On 10/25/2019 at 10:08 AM, Guyon2002 said:

We've known that for some time now

I haven't seen it anywhere yet

Really? How have I never heard this man. I took a small break from buying LEGO’s and I come back and hear what I want to hear. This is great!

I hope we get the press release before the 22nd! I can’t wait to see HD images of this beauty. I don’t say this lightly but I think this set is one of the best designed official sets I’ve ever seen in terms of the aesthetics and accuracy. It’s just beautiful. 

The Batmobile looks fantastic. I’m not a huge lover of the ‘89 Batmobile, but oh boy does this look great. I would wait and get it next year, but that minifig scale promo is gonna suck me in I know it. Hopefully it’s just a spend threshold set during November/December rather than being free with the set, because there’s still some Batman stuff I’ve been holding out on which will be worth it to get that I reckon.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:48 PM, Guyon2002 said:

The Batmobile looks great but it's not really for me (I don't care for greatly oversized vehicles as I like to have almost everything as close to minifigure-scale as possible). Happy for those who do want it though!

How is that insulting? I know more than enough people who buy D2C sets just for the figures and take the set itself apart shortly after they've build it, nothing new about it.

And those exclusive figures add to the value of the set. Take them away and the value decreases, why do you think a single D2C-exclusive figure sells for 15-30 euro on Bricklink?

I'm not saying that's how lego sees things, I'm saying if he doesn't like the set / how lego did it he doesn't have to buy it. Simple as that

You're saying the D2C sets aren't valuable on their own.. literally that's what you're saying.