Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

No, saying the opposite. I'm saying selling a $280 USC set and $20 minifigure set makes a boat load more sense that selling a $300 UCS with four minifigures. If you want to tell me that no one is buying the USC set without minifigures than you're not making a compelling case that we need a USC batmobile at all. If you're telling me you'd want the $280 set AND the $20 set then you are just as satisfied as the person that just bought the $20 set and would have otherwise bought nothing. I'm saying make EVERYONE happy while sacrificing NOTHING.

Releasing the figures from a D2C set in a small 20$ set greatly reduces the value of the D2C sets. And to some people who are hesitant on wether or not to buy a D2C the figures are what makes or breaks it. And if you don't like the way lego tackles it you just don't buy it, no one is forcing you to buy anything

A bit off topic but, I had such a dc score this week

- justice League anniversary party 

- Superman and krypto team up 

- speed force freeze pursuit 

- lex Luthor mech takedown 

Plus found a new dvd compilation of the aquaman and flash movies that also came with Jessica Cruz, who I've been trying to track down for a year

Are we still awaiting the Shazam! polybag or did I miss the release in the US?

15 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

So I looked some stuff and there is a rumored 8 set wave for dc next year?

We've known that for some time now

12 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Are we still awaiting the Shazam! polybag or did I miss the release in the US?

I haven't seen it anywhere yet

Edited by Guyon2002

20 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Trolls just got official pics for a January release

I’m feeling just a bit upset by this

Where are our release pics?

There aren't any sets until summer, so you'd be waiting quite a while for release pics

It seems odd that the UCS plaque isn't actually attached to anything. It could easily have been incorporated into the minfig stand. 

The model looks good, but I'm not so amazed by it that I feel the need to pick it up on release. I'll probably wait until I can see it in person to make a decision. 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Excellent looking set I have to say :thumbup: Can anyone identify the pieces used for the windshields?

They look like the pieces hat were used in the Dimensions main base, the ones that went around the hole

Beautiful set! Must buy! 

4 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

So I looked some stuff and there is a rumored 8 set wave for dc next year?

Can't wait!  Won't know set description probably till next year March? 

I feel like 10 years release from Dark Knight rises we might see The Bat in UCS (2022) and for BVS batmobile in 2026.

Start saving lol. 

Hopefully we get a Lego Batman Movie sequel thrown in between! 

#keepdreaming 

A very promising leak. The minifig stand is nicely done with those elements of gargoyles, jus as in the final scene on the tower of Gotham Cathedral.

The cockpit seems to have quite a lot details... I can´t wait to see the official detailed pictures.

And I´m proved wrong... about 3200 pieces just for a vehicle. Awesome.

Edited by Laddie

Sad that it’s not batwing, but dang what a set! Everything from the box to the mini figures to the vehicle itself is just awesome! I love it!

Holy shit. That Batmobile is a thing of beauty. It looks incredible and I think they’ve done a pretty good job of maintaining the smooth vs studded surface ratio. I love the little roof stand for the figures but yeah, the UCS plaque needs to be attached to something. Couldn’t they have at least made it its own basic little stand like the Tumbler one or UCS Falcon one? The only qualm I have about this set is the price. Yes, it’s a licensed set with 3300 pieces, but I do not want to be paying $300 for this. I’m really hoping it’s $250 like the Jurassic Park D2C with a similar piece count. Also, one vehicle with 3300 pieces? I’m hoping it has some functionality unlike the Tumbler because that’s a huge piece count and price for a car that does nothing. 

It looks really cool, but I wonder how it compares to the Brickvault UCS set. I have that set and have to say that it can't see what can be done better. I will buy this one for the figs and plaque anyway, but we hold off on my verdict until HD images come out. 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Releasing the figures from a D2C set in a small 20$ set greatly reduces the value of the D2C sets.

I really can't think of anything more insulting to the UCS designers and collectors than that statement right there.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And if you don't like the way lego tackles it you just don't buy it, no one is forcing you to buy anything

I'm sure the marketing team at Lego would be truly mortified if they thought people's impression of The Lego Group's view was "if you don't like the way lego tackles it, just don't buy it". That's not exactly how you run a successful business.

Okay, this looks amazing. Guess everyone was wrong, it actually is a 3300 piece Batmobile, not two vehicles in one or a big side build. I love the minifigure display stand.

Also, is that a double minifigure stand piece?

46 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, is that a double minifigure stand piece?

Looks like this part to me, combined with some regular plates and tiles in the "second row": image.png.c7fcd9c3e7ba9de03b9c530bb1463ab8.png

If it was a new stand-like piece, the minifigs wouldn't be attached to any studs :wink:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like this part to me, combined with some regular plates and tiles in the "second row": 

If it was a new stand-like piece, the minifigs wouldn't be attached to any studs :wink:

Oh well that sounds like it, thanks.

Looks great but doesn't look like the middle comes apart which is disappointing

Edit: I just watched the scene on YouTube and there is no possible way that was gonna happen.

Edited by Eaglefan344

The Batmobile looks great but it's not really for me (I don't care for greatly oversized vehicles as I like to have almost everything as close to minifigure-scale as possible). Happy for those who do want it though!

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

I really can't think of anything more insulting to the UCS designers and collectors than that statement right there.

I'm sure the marketing team at Lego would be truly mortified if they thought people's impression of The Lego Group's view was "if you don't like the way lego tackles it, just don't buy it". That's not exactly how you run a successful business.

How is that insulting? I know more than enough people who buy D2C sets just for the figures and take the set itself apart shortly after they've build it, nothing new about it.

And those exclusive figures add to the value of the set. Take them away and the value decreases, why do you think a single D2C-exclusive figure sells for 15-30 euro on Bricklink?

I'm not saying that's how lego sees things, I'm saying if he doesn't like the set / how lego did it he doesn't have to buy it. Simple as that