Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Since I read about the Vicki Vale-minigig I´m pretty sure that the set will be similar to the  75936 with the Batmobile instead of the T-Rex as the iconic part of the set and some nice details done around to suggest the most important scenes of the film.  

The number of parts as well as another minifig make me think so.

4 hours ago, astroboy75 said:

Are we sure it is a single vehicle? I mean, we were all pretty sure that the Jurassic Park D2C was the Visitor Center ... and we were all surprised when it leaked.

All we know it’s that it’s a “Batvehicle”. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more than one vehicle or included side builds like the parade float or something. The JP thing is different- all we knew is that it would be a D2C and because everyone wanted a Visitor Center we all assumed it would be that. 

15 minutes ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Went here to say the 1989 Batman movie minifigs looks cool, especially Bat's new mould! May swap the face for the 2006 head. :tongue:

Also, did we get leaks on what the 1989 movie set will be? A minifig-scale Batmobile will be great!

A minifigure scale 1989 Batmobile has already leaked. It’s a GWP for the D2C set apparently. There’s no way a 3300 piece vehicle set is minifigure scale in this case. I’m personally expecting a large scale Batmobile and Batwing but who knows. 

2 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Went here to say the 1989 Batman movie minifigs looks cool, especially Bat's new mould! May swap the face for the 2006 head. :tongue:

Also, did we get leaks on what the 1989 movie set will be? A minifig-scale Batmobile will be great!

It’s far too big to be minifigure scale.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The JP thing is different- all we knew is that it would be a D2C and because everyone wanted a Visitor Center we all assumed it would be that. 

There were actually quite a few rumors saying it would be the Visitor Center, but in the end it turned out to one of the biggest disappointments of this year

So 40433 is a gift set if you buy the UCS?

I don’t get that as a business model. Why would you sell a detailed set (whatever it ends up being) and give away what could be a high selling minifig scale set with it.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

There were actually quite a few rumors saying it would be the Visitor Center, but in the end it turned out to one of the biggest disappointments of this year

There weren’t any rumors from reputable leakers like this Batvehicle set. The rumors started because no one could see them doing anything except a Visitor Center. I disagree on it being one of the biggest disappointments of the year- it’s a fantastic set but people just expected something else. 

2 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I don’t get that as a business model. Why would you sell a detailed set (whatever it ends up being) and give away what could be a high selling minifig scale set with it.

A GWP is a set you get when you spend a certain amount on lego sets in the lego store or s@h, they aren't specifically attached to one product (exception being the black VIP stand which was exclusive to the UCS Falcon). This GWP will probably be free when you spend somehwere in between 75 to 100 dollars (don't quote me on that!)

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A minifigure scale 1989 Batmobile has already leaked. It’s a GWP for the D2C set apparently. There’s no way a 3300 piece vehicle set is minifigure scale in this case. I’m personally expecting a large scale Batmobile and Batwing but who knows. 

Uggh, that's so lame. Hooray for getting scalped on BL/eBay! :wacko: 

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

Would so much rather have a minifigure scale version of the 1989 batmobile. not even close.

Well you are with the GWP.

The Vicky Vale is a nice surprise but they really need to introduce a new generic female hairpiece because that one is waaaay too overused at this point

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Vicky Vale is a nice surprise but they really need to introduce a new generic female hairpiece because that one is waaaay too overused at this point

As is the Jyn Erso face print :snicker: The colour also doesn't really fit, medium nougat or dark tan even would have been better.

They need to use other hairpieces and recycle faces other than Leia’s and Jyn Erso’s if they aren’t willing to do new prints. That over the shoulder hairpiece is ridiculously overused. 

8 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

If this thing is releasing in November then when should we expect the announcement?

If lego's new ''announcement-model'' is anything to go by they will reveal it a week (or less) before it comes out. I really hate how they've tackled D2C announcements this year

18 hours ago, J4ck said:

Well you are with the GWP.

yes, but I want the minifigures that go with the mini-figure scale batmobile, without buying things in a scale I don't need. I know this might not be a popular opinion, but as a minifigure collector and a collector of minfigure scale builds, I find it very obnoxious to include minifigures in UCS builds.

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

yes, but I want the minifigures that go with the mini-figure scale batmobile, without buying things in a scale I don't need. I know this might not be a popular opinion, but as a minifigure collector and a collector of minfigure scale builds, I find it very obnoxious to include minifigures in UCS builds.

They have to make the UCS appealing to as many people as possible. And honestly it isn't that different as (for example) putting Old Lando Calrissian in the Millennium Falcon, meaning one of the most desirable characters only comes in the most expensive set. While it can be anoying at times (I still want the 4 exclusive figures from the JP set for example but I have no interest in the set itself) it's completely understandable from a business perspective. And the high budgets of the UCS sets also allow for more detailed figures and molds like this Batman's new cowl/cape, Salazar's new hair and the absolutely incredible amount of detail on TLM2 Batman and Harley Quinn from the  Apocalypseburg set.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:10 PM, Seasider said:

Look at marvel with the avengers tower promo, or (this might just be my opinion) star wars's battle diorama promos. Both could totally have been sold as normal sets, at least the tower one with the exclusive iron man.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They have to make the UCS appealing to as many people as possible. And honestly it isn't that different as (for example) putting Old Lando Calrissian in the Millennium Falcon, meaning one of the most desirable characters only comes in the most expensive set. While it can be anoying at times (I still want the 4 exclusive figures from the JP set for example but I have no interest in the set itself) it's completely understandable from a business perspective. And the high budgets of the UCS sets also allow for more detailed figures and molds like this Batman's new cowl/cape, Salazar's new hair and the absolutely incredible amount of detail on TLM2 Batman and Harley Quinn from the  Apocalypseburg set.

Yeah, it's something they've been doing for forever, and it's annoying but makes sense from their end of it. And like you say, it does allow for greater detail on the figures and adds desirability. Like, I very rarely buy DC sets, but I'll 100% be bricklinking the batman figure from the D2C

16 hours ago, Gomek said:

It’s not obnoxious, it’s a bonus.

17 hours ago, Gomek said:

I find it very obnoxious to include minifigures in UCS builds.

Are you actually saying you would rather nobody got these minifigures, just because you don't want the set?

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I understand the reason but I'm not sold that it makes sense in reality. I don't have any hard sales numbers to back this up, but I'm willing to bet a $20 set with the four Hogwarts founders sells more, and earns Lego more money, than the difference in sales between a micro-fig scale castle with and without figures.

Take Benny's set of four figures from Lego Movie 2. That set sold out immediately so I know it exceeded expectations. Given the fact that the rest of the Lego Movie 2 sets are collecting dust on store shelves, a double-y impressive feat. Let's say that instead of a reasonably price set 4-figure set that was a best seller, those four figures were instead bundled with a huge $250 micro-figure space port. Sure, a few people might have bought the space port that would not have otherwise, but you won't convince me enough people would have done that to make up for the lost profits of not releasing the figures like they did.

If I'm in product development (and/or marketing), I'm trying to sell people exactly what they want and as much of it as they want, without annoying my customer base and/or getting stuck with large bulky product that cost a lot to produce and I have to heavily discount.

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

Are you actually saying you would rather nobody got these minifigures, just because you don't want the set?

Huh? How in the world did you get that out of what I said??

No, saying the opposite. I'm saying selling a $280 USC set and $20 minifigure set makes a boat load more sense that selling a $300 UCS with four minifigures. If you want to tell me that no one is buying the USC set without minifigures than you're not making a compelling case that we need a USC batmobile at all. If you're telling me you'd want the $280 set AND the $20 set then you are just as satisfied as the person that just bought the $20 set and would have otherwise bought nothing. I'm saying make EVERYONE happy while sacrificing NOTHING.

Edited by Gomek

On 10/23/2019 at 12:19 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A minifigure scale 1989 Batmobile has already leaked. It’s a GWP for the D2C set apparently. 

Sorry, I am having a hard time finding this. Hints?