Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Gomek said:

This has always been a head scratcher. They make a game or animated Direct to DVD movie to promote figures they never made. Not the greatest marketing plan.

Especially the games. It would be so easy to make sets based of the stories of the lego games yet they don't do it. I'd rather get a set based on the story of DC Supervillains than the 1000th stupid-looking Batmech, and kids buy the games too so no one can say they wouldn't recognize things

Well this is definitely a mixed bag. But most of them have something appealing.

First appearance Batman is great for the collection, but the legs are the drawing point for me, I’ll add them to my 2006 grey torso batman to make a pretty definitive Arkham City style Batman.

wonder woman and cyborg are fine. 2012 Wonderwoman and 2015 Cyborg are still the best versions

The a Flash is great, I have nowhere for him but damn that’s great. Same with Aquaman, I’m glad we got some 90s edge metal represented.

Sinestro and Green Lantern are so, so boring. Sinestro’s only draw is the new head, if it is new, and the Green Lantern’s is the moulded Lantern and printed ring pieces, gonna need a couple of them.

as for some of the others; Cheetor is meh, the red guy (mr miracle?) is meg, metamorpho is meh. Huntress is really good and another good hero/antihero to have. Bumblebee can go with the Titans, although I would have preferred to finally get a Raven figure. The draw for me with her though is her wings, will go great for MCU Wasp.

Superman is great, I would have preferred to finally get a new 52 version, Or first appearance to go with the Bats and WW, but finally a different superman!

stargirl is Good but just another random hero I guess. And bat mite is good but I have no interest

but the one to take away from this is most certainly Joker. For one, I’m amazed they made something so dark, he is one of the most violent Jokers in that comic. But that face print and hair are perfect! Those pieces, mixed with the Lego Batman Movie Joker’s torso and legs will finally be a definitive Joker for my collection I reckon!

Edited by Whovastron

Well, now that we know what everything is, I've had a little think. And I still think someone must have just thrown darts at a board to make these picks and they aren't what I would have asked for but... its actually awesome.

We get ourselves 8 brand new characters (Mr Miracle, Huntress, Simon Baz, Stargirl, Metamorpho, Bumblebee, Batmite and the flash variant sneaks in here by being Jay Garrick). I will never complain about new minifigs. Especially since each of them look spot on to me.

That leaves 8 variants which are more of a mixed bag. Aquaman is solid metal win (hook hand is strong JLU vibes). Cheetah and Sinestro are wins for me purely because I only use duplicate characters to moc and this gives me two more bad guy dupes to work with. 

This brings us to what are for me the weakest of the bunch. Batman. Wonderwoman. Cyborg. Superman and Joker. Having first appearance variants IS pretty cool but I prefer when the figs go for the "iconic" version and its not a full set of first appearances which is maddening. The logic behind how we got this Superman and Joker I'll never grasp.

All in all 11 are dead certs for me to pick up. And I'll probably cave and get my five weak links because I have no self control.

Can they make S2 yet? 

Edited by MatBoyWonder

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Especially the games. It would be so easy to make sets based of the stories of the lego games yet they don't do it. I'd rather get a set based on the story of DC Supervillains than the 1000th stupid-looking Batmech, and kids buy the games too so no one can say they wouldn't recognize things

Plus, even if they didn’t buy the games, kids would still buy sets with cool, evil versions of the Justice League (Crime Syndicate) from LEGO DCSV and the various Lantern Corps stuff from LB3. 

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Honestly for me Aquaman is the weakest.

I think the weakest is by far Superman. His face print looks creepy and the navy shadows or whatever on the torso are weird. At least Aquaman having a hook for a hand is really ... cool. 

Good for a Sea King custom figure 

Bat Mite has a 2x3 Detective Comics #27 comic book tile. Very fitting considering first appearance Batman comes in the wave

7 hours ago, MatBoyWonder said:

And I'll probably cave and get my five weak links because I have no self control.

Amazing how something this stupid can sound so damn relatable :laugh_hard:

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Bat Mite has a 2x3 Detective Comics #27 comic book tile. Very fitting considering first appearance Batman comes in the wave

That's dope

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The a Flash is great, I have nowhere for him

stargirl is Good but just another random hero I guess. 

You’ve got two regular members of the Justice Society of America right there, one a founder, the other a more recent addition. Mix it up with OG Batman and Wonder Woman and there’s three from the Golden Age, or Huntress for Bronze Age. From outside the CMF there’s Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Robin (as it was early days I guess Burt Ward Robin would work) and Shazam to join the ranks. Happy days.

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

And he’s Batman’s biggest fan. It’s a really nicely done piece, too. I did react very childishly when I saw it. Ahem.

Im surprised they did the printed tile after all. I was guessing a 2x2 tile but this looks better.

And the level of printing in the tile is very detailed. One of the most detailed tiles ever I think

I need that tile. That is just so cool. Now i need more issues like that. Especially iconic comics. 

23 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Im surprised they did the printed tile after all. I was guessing a 2x2 tile but this looks better.

And the level of printing in the tile is very detailed. One of the most detailed tiles ever I think

A 2x2 tile wouldn't make any sense proportion-wise. I'd rather not get a printed comic at all than one squashed on a 2x2

13 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I saw that. Looks amazing! I kinda wish that all the minifigures came with a printed tile of the comic they're based on though. That would have been ace!

1 hour ago, Cut the Kragle said:

I saw that. Looks amazing! I kinda wish that all the minifigures came with a printed tile of the comic they're based on though. That would have been ace!

I would buy them all just for the tiles :moar:

For me, Superman and Joker are the weakest. We have too many of those. At least the Batman one is unique.

And happy there are no Harlequin, Lex Luthor  and Robin figures as an early fake list had.

Does anyone know the color of the baseplates? Are we getting normal black ones, or ones with some sort of logo on them, or a completely different color? I'm praying we don't get that terrible orange color again. 

43 minutes ago, Gomek said:

For me, Superman and Joker are the weakest. We have too many of those. At least the Batman one is unique.

And happy there are no Harlequin, Lex Luthor  and Robin figures as an early fake list had.

Joker is different from every joker before though. Brand new hair and different style face. All the previous (bar movie) have used the same design style, just different expressions

im definitely putting that detective comics in my batcave trophy area

53 minutes ago, Gomek said:

If there is one character we have to many of it's Batman, at least they did something unique with Mistah J. this time

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Falconfan has posted the list with accessories and the fact that they come with display pieces 

Sorry for all the confusion with that. I got my info mixed up because of the fact that not all the figures come in the individual smaller plastic bags so I switched something up 

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

im definitely putting that detective comics in my batcave trophy area 

I saw a guy once selling a pad printed giant Lego penny on Ebay and passed it up. Still regretting that and not sure why one hasn't shown up in a Lego set yet.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sorry for all the confusion with that. I got my info mixed up because of the fact that not all the figures come in the individual smaller plastic bags so I switched something up 

No need to apologise, my man. The fact that you guys are providing the information equals out a small mistake. I just wonder if some of the trans pieces are new, adding to the price hike. It sounds like a variation of the jumper plate is one of them. If anything is going to be annoying it’s my lack of patience between now and January :grin:

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The latest batcave had it

I had to double check that, because I swore I never saw that, and now I realize why. I can see it in the latest set but it's tiny. This is the one I saw. I still need this.

Lego-Custom-GIANT-PENNY-_1.jpg