Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Joker looks amazing. I think the face print is the best Joker face ever. The suit looks really nice, but his suit is too long. Hair is great, but I would've preferred regular green. Cotton candy is nice.

His face doesn't have green eyebrows so it has can be used for Mr. J from Gotham, which I always wanted to make.

Superman looks really great, but I feel like it should be replaced by another variant, like first appearance or Kingdom Come. I love the face tho.

Batman looks good, I guess. Don't really care for him tbh.

Huh, they actually went with the blue boot Rebirth suit. I for sure thought that Lego would just skip straight to the Reborn suit design instead. I'm not mad though, I really liked his Rebirth design, it felt unique (and it was the only Superman suit design that Lego could use to validly justify why they didn't give him any red boots :tongue:). That new heat vision face is going to be a lot more useful than the other one we've been getting since 2013, where Superman looked like he always needed to be filled with rage to use it. This one could easily represent him either being extremely ticked off, or just trying to focus his heat vision on something that needed his absolute concentration.

And now this adds up to 2 suits for the Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint Superman (his classic suit we've been getting since 2012 and now his Rebirth suit), while New 52 Superman is probably never going to see the light of day as a minifigure anytime soon.

TDKR Joker turned out really well too. The white suit could also double for Black Mask's suit, but the standout pieces have to be his head and hair. I wish it was in the standard green instead of lime green, but at least we finally have the Twelfth Doctor/Peter Venkman hair in some shade of green so that a proper Arkham games Joker could be made from it. The head to me is probably my second favorite Joker face behind the 2006 face. Heck it looks like an updated version of that one, all you need is to just swap the hair with the green Dracula hair.

Bat-Mite...looks like Bat-Mite. I'm glad they gave him the floppy eared cowl and everything, it really completes the look of him trying to emulate his biggest idol.

4 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Does anyone even want Mr. Miracle? Cake-stealing Lex would’ve been a better choice.

Me. Love Jack Kirby’s run at DC, he spawned loads of characters and places including the entire Fourth World. I don’t care much for that Lex really, and surely if anyone was going to be made from that book it’s El Dragon. They can’t make the series all top tier characters if they want to sustain interest for future series, and I think putting another character that we have had before would not help that. I will definitely be buying the whole series, maybe even a whole box for the first time.

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Honestly, maybe this is why I'm disappointed in the series. I think four more figs could've fixed it for me. 

It's definitely why I'm disappointed 

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

Is Superman the first CMF with the new softer cape?

I'm not sure about a full length cape, but the recent Disney CMF included soft fabric for Anna's small cape. 

12 hours ago, ood0 said:

Superman is better than expected. The shading works to make him distinct from other Supermen, and I'm beyond happy we finally are getting a laser vision face print that is pretty much the face he always pulls when he's using the power. 

Eh, his shading really should've been color-reversed, with Bright Blue muscle "shading" upon an Earth Blue torso like I'd suggested a few pages back. :thumbdown: :sceptic:

I think a series 2 would definitely have way more new characters than variants (or variants that are new characters like Wondergirl, Wally West, any GL we don’t have already, and Aqualad). While this series is good and the variants are appealing (mostly cuz they were well made), for the most part I would have much rather had new characters. The cheetah and Sinestro variants are especially disappointing when we could have had new characters like Circe and Star Sapphire or Larfleeze. I do like the Jokers look a lot but at this point there really aren’t that many new and truly important Batman villains we could get especially after like 20 of his own sets and 2 of his own CMF series.

37 minutes ago, Do1633 said:

I wonder what happened to make the entire series leaked.

The CMF series now being manufactured in the same facilities as regular sets is the most likely cause in my opinion :classic:

1 hour ago, Do1633 said:

I wonder what happened to make the entire series leaked.

People who want fame and attention steal the minifigures if they’re an employee or buy the minfigures from the employees that steal them. 

Joker looks great, and I'm glad they used Bat-Mite's Lego Batman 3 design instead of abandoning it and doing something else, like what has happened to so many other video game designs of characters before. Definitely getting them both.

Rebirth Superman looks great! Not at all a fan of the suit design in general but the minifig itself is really cool.
The muscle printing is a very nice touch and Supes' eyes are nicely done as well.

I'm still not sure what to think of Jay Garrick, perhaps when there's a better picture out. Right now he seems really plain, which I get because so was his original design of course, but, meh...

I don't really care for Bat-Mite and Joker, but overall they seem like nice minifigures too.

Regards,
Mitch

31 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I'm glad they used Bat-Mite's Lego Batman 3 design instead of abandoning it and doing something else, like what has happened to so many other video game designs of characters before. 

100%! There are so many LEGO video game minifigure designs I would love as physical minifigs.

Everyone in order of version appearance, not necessarily first

Batman 1939, Detective Comics #27

Flash 1940, Flash Comics #1

Wonder Woman 1941, All Star Comics #8

Cheetah 1943, Wonder Woman #6

Bat-Mite 1959, Detective Comics #267

Sinestro 1961, Green Lantern Vol 2 #7

Metamorpho 1965, The Brave and the Bold #57

Mr Miracle 1971, Mr Miracle #1

Bumblebee 1976, Teen Titans #48 (as Bumblebee, the character first appeared in #45)

Cyborg 1980, DC Comics Presents #26

Joker 1986, The Dark Knight Returns 

Aquaman (in particular this version) 1995, Aquaman Vol 5 #9

Stargirl 1999, Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. #0

Huntress 2011, Worlds’ Finest #1

Simon Baz 2012, New 52 Free Comic Book Day Edition 

Pre-Flashpoint Superman 2017, Action Comics #976

I’m keeping this as it is.    Bat-Mite might resemble his LB3 iteration, but that was clearly based off his original look.                                          Mr Miracle’s look has pretty much stayed the same from Kirby to King.                                   Superman is more Rebirth than Reborn.

I’m interested in what accessories are coming for those we haven’t seen, as well as the base plates.

This series changes the dynamic of my display, as it helps round out teams and start new ones. I’ll admit I was off the mark with a lot of these, and hopefully we will see more of them in future as there are some glaring omissions and fan favourites still missing. Now all I have to do is wait, with the Batman set to consider in the meantime.

Edited by RedHoodPug
Apologies for it looking massive, cut and paste does that

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

New Batmite picture is up with his cape, accesory is a just a black batarang

I am still surprised in this day and age that people can still take a photo of an item and make it look like their camera lens is smeared with Vaseline. 

I was hoping to be able to tell how the legs are made (are they double/triple moulded like Bart Simpson, or is the grey printed on), but the photo is too blurry. 

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

New Batmite picture is up with his cape, accesory is a just a black batarang

You can compare that picture to the first one that was leaked.

Clearly, it's not the same. That full picture with batarang and plate is not real. It's a custom version. See the printing on the logo on his chest, the way that the ears have been flatten out, also the eye holes on the cowl/mask. 

It's not the real deal.

20 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Honestly, if the series had more minifig slots I think it'd be a lot better

I think it has to do with price/licensing

Because this series is $5 and I honestly dont see where that extra dollar went. Most of the TLM2 figures are more detailed than some of these. Heck, even some Series 19 characters look more detailed compared with Flash, Joker and Bumblebee. And this series is introducing only 10 new molds (if I'm correct), one of the lowest yet for a CMF line. Disney S2 introduced 16 new molds and those were $4. It doesnt help that this series is even reusing prints (PRINTS!) for the most expensive wave ever.

So, if I have to guess Id say there are only 16 characters to keep the price at $5

The license for DC characters must be expensive as heck...

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Clearly, it's not the same. That full picture with batarang and plate is not real. It's a custom version. See the printing on the logo on his chest, the way that the ears have been flatten out, also the eye holes on the cowl/mask. 

Now you've pointed it out, it's obvious. The belt is a big giveaway too, it has a completely different design. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's not the real deal.

I knew there was something fishy with it but I couldn’t figure out. Good find there sir.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's not the real deal.

Good find, didn't notice it was fake

11 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

It's definitely why I'm disappointed 

Same. Some great figures here, though only a couple on my top 16 wish list.

5 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

100%! There are so many LEGO video game minifigure designs I would love as physical minifigs.

This has always been a head scratcher. They make a game or animated Direct to DVD movie to promote figures they never made. Not the greatest marketing plan.