Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What's your guess?

The Joker and Lex Luthor :classic: Apparently the „And that‘s terrible“ quote wasn‘t that obvious, it was intended as a reference rather than a reflection of my opinion :tongue: 

Sure, they‘re not exactly the most desirable variations ever, but I think classic Joker and Luthor would make for great additions to the other classic versions in this series 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Joker and Lex Luthor :classic: Apparently the „And that‘s terrible“ quote wasn‘t that obvious, it was intended as a reference rather than a reflection of my opinion :tongue: 

Sure, they‘re not exactly the most desirable variations ever, but I think classic Joker and Luthor would make for great additions to the other classic versions in this series 

One of these are right :sweet:

19 minutes ago, thebrickobserver said:

Oh I hope its Luthor in his classic Superfriends/Legion of Doom costume.

Hear hear! I want that cake stealing fiend.

45 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Has to be Lex, he fits the "hero's nemesis" hint that we got.

Joker can't be the last one since the other hint was a Batman villain that's "not currently on store shelves", and he comes in the brand new Batmobile and 4+ Arkham sets that just came out.

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

I'm calling it. Mad Hatter or Deathstroke is the last fig.

1 minute ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

I still think the last one will be either Black Adam or Mad Hatter.

If it is Luthor, then the last one would be a batman villain not on store shelves, meaning it won't be Black Adam, since Luthor is the archnemsis talked about.

5 minutes ago, Do1633 said:

If it is Luthor, then the last one would be a batman villain not on store shelves, meaning it won't be Black Adam, since Luthor is the archnemsis talked about.

That leak hasn't been proven as fact has it? If it is than I 100% think mad hatter but I thought that was still unconfirmed. 

Just now, IRISHCLOWN said:

That leak hasn't been proven as fact has it? If it is than I 100% think mad hatter but I thought that was still unconfirmed. 

They were right about the archnemesis and superman and flash, so I think it's legit. Ashnflash has an inside source that is reputable, so the 1st non leaked is 1st appearance superman, a flash, problably Jay Garrick, Luthor or Joker, and a still unconfirmed Batman villain that is not being sold by lego right now. 

2 minutes ago, Do1633 said:

They were right about the archnemesis and superman and flash, so I think it's legit. Ashnflash has an inside source that is reputable, so the 1st non leaked is 1st appearance superman, a flash, problably Jay Garrick, Luthor or Joker, and a still unconfirmed Batman villain that is not being sold by lego right now. 

Yeah what they said *is* true, but the characters are all anyone could have predicted. I think we all knew Superman and Flash would appear, and Luthor or Joker being the biggest DC villains, they are pretty easily suspectable. I guess its just down to the last. 

Ok, 1st appearance Supes makes sense, even if it’s not one of my preferred choices. I’m wondering which Flash we will get, as of the current seven Aquaman and GL aren’t their original versions. I’m going to say it’ll be Jay Garrick, as that ties in with the JSA vibe we’ve been getting. On the other hand we could see Kid Flash and Black Adam. Thank you, @Ashnflash

I am sorry if i missed it but do we know now what the minifig sized limited edition Batmobil wil be? It wasn't a Comic con exclusive, was it?

It's such a gorgeous set :D

14 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I am sorry if i missed it but do we know now what the minifig sized limited edition Batmobil wil be? It wasn't a Comic con exclusive, was it?

It's such a gorgeous set :D

It's a GWP, it will most likely go live alongside the UCS set

So it's public now. It's Flash - Jay Garick, Superman - Rebirth, Joker from the Dark Knight Returns and Batmite. 

Here's the full list:

Batman First Appearance w/ Blue Batarangs
Wonder Woman First Appearance w/ bracelet printing 
Superman - Rebirth 
Green Lantern - Simon Baz w/ ring & new lantern piece 
Aquaman - Hook hand 
Cyborg - First appearance w/ purple chain 
The Flash - Jay Garick w/ new helmet and tracer lightning 
Metamorpho - w/ gauntlet in magenta 
Stargirl - w/ staff and new piece 
Mister Miracle w/ Handcuff and chains 
Huntress w/ Crossbow 
Bumblebee w/ new hairpiece 

Sinestro w/ Sinestro Corps ring & Yellow lantern same as Simon Baz 
Cheetah w/ sac in green with a dollar sign on it 
Joker - w/ Doctor Who / Peter Venkman hair in green  
Batmite 
Edited by Ashnflash

5 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Here's the full list:

Batman First Appearance w/ Blue Batarangs
Wonder Woman First Appearance w/ bracelet printing 
Superman - Rebirth 
Green Lantern - Simon Baz w/ ring & new lantern piece 
Aquaman - Hook hand 
Cyborg - First appearance w/ purple chain 
Metamorpho - w/ gauntlet in magenta 
Stargirl - w/ staff and new piece 
Mister Miracle w/ Handcuff and chains 
Huntress w/ Crossbow 
Bumblebee w/ new hairpiece 

Sinestro w/ Sinestro Corps ring & Yellow lantern same as Simon Baz 
Cheetah w/ sac in green with a dollar sign on it 
Joker - w/ Doctor Who / Peter Venkman hair in green  
Batmite 

Yes, finally Joker will get Doctor Who hair in green, I've been waiting for this moment ever since that piece first appeared in a set! Would go really well for Arkham games version of Mr J.

12 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

So it's public now. It's Flash - Jay Garick, Superman - Rebirth, Joker from the Dark Knight Returns and Batmite. 

Would have preferred a first appearance Superman but I completely get why they went with the rebirth costume as it’s more current and we desperately needed an updated Superman even if the costume is no longer relevant in terms of the comics

Not a big fan of the DKR Joker but I’m happy for those people who will want him

thrilled about Jay and Batmite!

Awww man, Rebirth Superman is such a disappointment... Why would Lego make a semi complete first appearance JL lineup without the first version of the first superhero? Especially when we could've gotten rebirth Supes in a set...

Also TDKR Joker with no corresponding Batman? I almost want to believe they are saving stuff for a second series because otherwise some selections do not make sense.

10 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Do you know if its a hair/hat mold or just the helmet?

10 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Doctor Who / Peter Venkman hair in green  

Possibly one of the best pieces in the entire series imo

Just now, BrickHat said:

Awww man, Rebirth Superman is such a disappointment... Why would Lego make a semi complete first appearance JL lineup without the first version of the first superhero? Especially when we could've gotten rebirth Supes in a set...

Also TDKR Joker with no corresponding Batman? I almost want to believe they are saving stuff for a second series because otherwise some selections do not make sense.

Well out of the line up for the Seven. Four are first appearance based. But ya very disappointing. At least have the Trinity all be the same... 

And I'm with you on the second series. These choices... I don't know lol 

This seems so strange! 

- I mean Dark Knight Returns Joker is cool if surprising. It's not exactly the most LEGO-friendly Batman story. And the Doctor Who / Pete Venkman hairpiece in green would work great for an Arkham series Joker but doesn't really look anything like his hair in either the original comic or the animated movie of DKR.

- Having Supes in his Rebirth costume is massively uninspired. The whole point of that was to go back to a more traditional like costume anyway. I would have loved a Kingdom Come Supes, but after seeing the first appearance Wonders and Bats, i would have bet hard money on a First Appearance Superman.

- Bat-Mite. I mean kinda cool, but I thought we were supposed to be getting a Bat villain that isn't currently on LEGO shelves? Joker has never really left LEGO shelves and Bat-Mite isn't a villain... I kinda feel like this character would have been better as an accessory to another minifig but I guess we'll have to see how he's done.

- Jay Garrick. Really the only one of the last 4 that I'm happy about.

Well all in all I'm satisfied with the series, would have loved to get black Adam, booster gold, dr fate ted kord, atom... among others but this is pretty good, only ones I'm not a fan of are metamorpho and the fact that the trinity is mixed up

However, glsd to finally get a modern Superman though 

Huntress will complete a comic version of the dceus birds of prey right? Harley, canary, and huntress, plus batgirl

Find it funny how some of us were speculating whether it would be a while before we got joker again because of the movie, then they give us probably the 2nd or 3rd most darkest depiction of the joker in the comics

Now don't get too excited about the hairpiece. I personally believe that the hairpiece might be coming with the 1989 Joker in the D2C and maybe the person just assumed that the hairpiece belonged to the CMF one. 

I'm not sure. I specifically went to the book store to read through the panels of the Dark Knight Returns and the hairpiece really doesn't work for him there. Especially when looking at the animated movie. So don't hold your breath.