Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Hello there everyone! 

I hope I'm not that late to the party. 

About the rumored price increase of the collectible minifigures: 

That's a weird move by LEGO... They said they're not gonna be selling any more CMFs in Central Europe, because they weren't selling well (meaning I can't get my hands on Series 19 because of that, fantastic). And now they're upping the price by 1 USD?  Do they really think it's gonna help the sales? 

I didn't want my first post to turn into a rant, I'm sorry :P 

28 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

They said they're not gonna be selling any more CMFs in Central Europe, because they weren't selling well

What?!

33 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Haha I love it. These are definitely wacky on purpose, this movie is gonna be so James Gunn.

...they‘re all gonna die in the first five minutes, aren‘t they :snicker: 

On the one hand, I hope the wackier tone allows for sets to be released based on the film, but on the other hand, it‘s still has „suicide“ in the title :hmpf_bad: Couldn‘t they just call it the „self-destruct society“,“kamikaze crew“ or „seppuku syndicate“? :laugh_hard:

27 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

On the one hand, I hope the wackier tone allows for sets to be released based on the film, but on the other hand, it‘s still has „suicide“ in the title :hmpf_bad: Couldn‘t they just call it the „self-destruct society“,“kamikaze crew“ or „seppuku syndicate“? :laugh_hard:

Maybe something like Task Force X

What mechs do you reckon DC will get? If any?

Batman (pretty much a given)

Joker (?)

I assume there are 4 for DC since Marvel is getting 4.

Just now, J4ck said:

Joker (?)

If dc mechs are coming we will have to wait for the summer for those

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Oh my god. I absolutely need to see a Seppuku Syndicate series out of DC now. Hold on while I go phone Geoff Johns.

14 minutes ago, J4ck said:

WAT. Why?

There aren't any DC sets coming out untill summer (except the CMF and Wonder Woman set). We've known that for quite some time now...

46 minutes ago, J4ck said:

WAT. Why?

The first half year for dc is just the cmf and wonder women set. Everything else for dc would be second half of year stuff (which starts in June) 

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The first half year for dc is just the cmf and wonder women set. Everything else for dc would be second half of year stuff (which starts in June) 

What about March?

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Joker (?)

Black Manta. But full size. Alright, alright, that would be huge. But I still want one.

3 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Oh my god. I absolutely need to see a Seppuku Syndicate series out of DC now. Hold on while I go phone Geoff Johns.

A team missing from the Japanese roster. Thanks to the name generator I found, you too could enjoy the exploits of Amethyst Foot, Chemical Finder, Mouth Glow, Reptile Driver and Strike Melter. 

19 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We don’t even know for sure that there is a chase minifigure in the CMF. 

Given the last two sets of CMF, hopefully not.

I truly hope DC doesn't start doing mechs. Mechs are easily the most worthless draw for me and I am instantly less likely to buy a set featuring one.

Just now, RadioYeh said:

I truly hope DC doesn't start doing mechs. Mechs are easily the most worthless draw for me and I am instantly less likely to buy a set featuring one.

The Marvel figures we've seen so far are pretty good (Thanos only if you ignore his awfull helmet). At a low pricepoint like that it's really nice to get such good figures alongside a small mech, and if you don't want the mech itself you can always just disassemble it and use it's pieces elsewhere.

If we're talking about large $20+ mechs I completely agree we don't need more, but these $10 sets sound really great!

That’s the Thanos minifig that’s up in the usual places? Not bad. Not crazy about the helmet. Iron Man is much better. Are there mech pics too? If these represent the quality of minifigs that come with the mechs then I’m all in for DC ones as long as they come with new versions and not reissues of existing minifigs.

Edited by thatblockoguy

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Marvel figures we've seen so far are pretty good (Thanos only if you ignore his awfull helmet). At a low pricepoint like that it's really nice to get such good figures alongside a small mech, and if you don't want the mech itself you can always just disassemble it and use it's pieces elsewhere.

If we're talking about large $20+ mechs I completely agree we don't need more, but these $10 sets sound really great!

I suppose you're right. The only reservation I have about that though, is that DC already has over a decade of figures taken from the comics, something that Marvel doesn't have. So it is a good opportunity for some non-MCU figures, but for DC it will probably be just some more Batman vs Joker or Superman vs Lex Luthor figures that we have gotten a dozen times.

I'm okay with Mechs only if they get us new versions of characters, or new characters altogether. Minifig scale versions of former bigfigs, like Darkseid or Killer Croc, would be nice. A Polka-Dot Man mech would obviously be ideal.

All things considered, though, I don't expect DC mechs. Unlike Mighty Micros, where we knew about both companies getting them simultaneously, we've only heard of Marvel's side, and I suspect they wouldn't stagger a smaller range like this less than 6 months to a year apart, since small items seem to be restocked frequently.

16 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

we've only heard of Marvel's side

Thing is, we don't know anything about the DC wave except for the setnumbers