Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 10/1/2019 at 8:39 AM, HMD BrickCustoms said:

According to falconfan, a dc figure will reuse a main Disney character piece 

My guess is that Mr. Mxyzptlk will reuse the Minnie Mouse hat. He's a classic Superman villain that debuted in the 1940s.

image.png.0e327bbc993aa8703a1dfb320cf95b29.png

This line’s been pretty uninteresting for me so far. Cyborg’s neat, and I might get the original appearance Batman for the Batsuit gallery I’m considering, but I’m not interested in the rest.

8 minutes ago, playgood said:

My guess is that Mr. Mxyzptlk will reuse the Minnie Mouse hat. He's a classic Superman villain that debuted in the 1940s.

image.png.0e327bbc993aa8703a1dfb320cf95b29.png

It was the skirt for Wonder Woman

But your guess is excellent

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It was the skirt for Wonder Woman

But your guess is excellent

Ah! Okay, that makes sense. I think we will get a classic Superman villain, but Lex Luthor is a bit too ordinary for a CMF. I could see them going with a classic Brainiac and the bottle city of Kandor as the accessory.

Edited by playgood

Bumblebee is an odd choice. I kind of thought it might be her after I made my comment about Terra but she still seemed too obscure. But Bumblebee has been appearing in a wide amount of media between TTG, DCSHG, YJ, and had a cameo in the Judas Contract movie. I guess that a woman called "Vixen" might not be terribly marketable, either, so maybe Bumblebee seemed like a safer option for a woman of color?

I don't think that classic Cheetah means classic versions of Joker and Lex. Silver Age Sinestro is paired with a New 52 Green Lantern, and I kind of suspect that this is Debbie Domaine with the Tiger Woman's hairpiece rather than Priscilla Rich, which would be a Bronze Age Cheetah paired with Golden Age Wonder Woman, but I realize that once you go back to the 80s everything just kind of blurs together as "old" for a lot of people. I'd really love Lex in his pink jumpsuit (with a cake!) and Joker could benefit from CMF level detail, but at this point I'm crossing my fingers for newer characters or at least ones that could actually use a redesign.

My scorecard for figures by era is in the spoiler tag, if that's something anyone is interested in

Spoiler
  • Golden Age: Batman, Wonder Woman
  • "Classic" Silver and Bronze Ages (DC Pre-Crisis): Sinestro, Metamorpho, Cyborg
  • Early Modern Age (Post-Crisis): Stargirl, Bumblebee (TT show falls in this era, TTG is based on that aesthetic)
  • Contemporary (New 52/Rebirth): Green Lantern, Huntress

Then we haven't seen Cheetah yet, who could fall into either of the first two categories, and we presume Golden Age Superman is coming. That's 10/16 figures, and I'm surprised how little we have heard about villains so far.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wasn't very specific - they are disappointing choices. I think there are so many DC characters that deserve to be minifgures, and yet Lego chooses classic Cheetah design nobody has ever asked for.

I distinctly remember people asking for her when the Tiger Woman first came out years ago. :P That may have been because there wasn't a Cheetah figure at all back then though. Still, she is disappointing. I wonder if this means Cheetah won't come in the Wonder Woman set I thought we were getting? That might mean a different villain there.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Here's my best guesses so far. I'm running with the assumption that these will be mostly classic variants of the characters. I'm also assuming that we will see a lot of pairings. The only thing I'm hesitant about is the lack of Aquaman and Birds of Prey related characters.

Guesses
- Wonder Woman
- Cheetah

- Batman
- Catwoman

- Superman
- Brainiac

- Nightwing
- Cyborg

- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- The Flash (Jay Garrick)

- Sinestro
- Green Lantern (Simon Baz)

- Bumble Bee
- Star Girl
- Metamorpho
- Huntress

Wildcards
- Black Canary?
- Harley Quinn?
- Aquaman?
- Aquaman Villain?

v8dJ7Vz.jpg

42 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

My scorecard for figures by era is in the spoiler tag, if that's something anyone is interested in

Bumblebee predates Crisis by nearly ten years - she predates Cyborg - Courtney post dates Crisis by over ten years. They aren’t in the same Age. 

The order of appearances is 

Batman 1939

Wonder Woman 1941

Cheetah 1943

Sinestro 1961

Metamorpho 1965

Bumblebee 1976

Cyborg 1980

Stargirl 1999

Huntress (if we’re sticking with New 52) 2011

Simon Baz 2012

I really like the Cheetah fig, it’s a decent representation. Bumblebee has plain legs, which may seem annoying but it’s entirely accurate.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

I really like the Cheetah fig, it’s a decent representation. Bumblebee has plain legs, which may seem annoying but it’s entirely accurate.

Are they leaked somewhere, or what are you referring to?

I swear if they give us one more Joker or Harley Quinn. They better not. Give us Mr. Myxzptlk to go with Superman, classic nightwing to go with batman. Honestly I think we have good odds for getting Zatanna and maybe Vixen if they try to even out the genders in the series. I’m really hoping for Doctor Fate, Booster Gold, Red Tornado, Constantine, Heatwave (or Mirror Master). I’d be down to get Jay Garrick or Alan Scott but to be honest I’d really rather get Wally either Young Justice version or rebirth red and grey suit.

I’m gonna be honest, these are the first figures to truly disappoint me. I’ve been extremely positive on everything so far, but these are both incredibly boring and uninteresting to me.

Bumblebee has perfect Shuri hair, also yellow lightning pieces perfect for Flash or Shazam.

Cheetah is very cool in a certain way... I don't know much about the Cheetah characters, but this version looks more iconic to me than the other version. The head piece could be used in interesting ways in the future I guess

Also a look at the mysterious 1989 Batman, it uses the head from the 2012 sets, the torso, belt aside, is generic, has the place where his symbol would be blank. The cape looks really rubbery, but it really seems to be longer than the figure itself, so it really should be a light material similar to the newer type of capes, or maybe a silk like material connected to the material that the mask/chest piece is made of

Ah, so it's Priscilla Rich after all! I guess all it would take to make her Debbie would be to swap the cowl out for the Tiger Woman's hair though. :P I do wish that her arms would work with the modern version we have...

Bumblebee is pretty cute. Of course it would be nice if she had boots or leg printing, but I think she's the first character who doesn't so far. That's pretty impressive.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I know. I was referring to the character's costume style, which we knew to be influenced by TT/TTG. :wink: Otherwise Huntress would be there with Cyborg.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Loving that golden age Wonder Woman and Cheetah combo. No idea how bumblebee made the cut over just about any other DC character out there! I’m actually enjoying the slow reveals. It’s like an advent calendar. 

Hmm why does Cheetah have flesh head? It looks like a costume. Other than that, pretty cool figure.

Nice new hairpiece for Bumblebee. Are those new wings?

(So it was true. The leaker has the entire series)

19 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Bumblebee has perfect Shuri hair, also yellow lightning pieces perfect for Flash or Shazam.

Cheetah is very cool in a certain way... I don't know much about the Cheetah characters, but this version looks more iconic to me than the other version. The head piece could be used in interesting ways in the future I guess

Also a look at the mysterious 1989 Batman, it uses the head from the 2012 sets, the torso, belt aside, is generic, has the place where his symbol would be blank. The cape looks really rubbery, but it really seems to be longer than the figure itself, so it really should be a light material similar to the newer type of capes, or maybe a silk like material connected to the material that the mask/chest piece is made of

What is that thing? 

It seems the cowl, shoulders and cape are all molded together in a single piece

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmm why does Cheetah have flesh head? It looks like a costume.

Because it is a costume. The original Cheetah wasn’t mutated.

When are these releasing?  I thought it was not until 2020, but all these leaks make me think it is a lot sooner. 

Cheetah looks great! Love all the classic designs in this wave. Original Batman, WW and now Cheetah. A classic Superman would be nice to complete the big 3 in DC. Can’t wait to see the rest of the figs. Hope they are released during December, or sooner. 

I’m not a fan of Cheetah, but that might just be that I prefer her newer design. Bumblebee looks gorgeous, though! I think I’ve found the first fig from this series that I definitely want to get. 

That '89 Batman gets more fascinating the more I see it.

Bumblebee certainly looks quite fun; I'm glad she's finally getting minifig-ed since she was beaten to the punch years back by a minidoll. Really like the printed wings. Cheetah's certainly well-printed, although since it's not my favorite version of the character, it's definitely the one I'm least excited for. That money bag is great, though.

I would definitely like to see more of the alt faces that Cheetah, Wonder Woman, and Bumblebee at least seem to imply. I doubt they're always just angry.

I'm surprised they didn't give Bumblebee mid-size legs. She's a Teen Titan and a bit on the short side in the cartoon.

Edited by playgood

Ooh i really like that Cheetah. That money bag is gorgeous too. 

Not interested in Bumble Bee, although i am happy to see that new hairpiece. And those wings seem also nice, so maybe for parts.

for non-dc fans this series is very bland. So little new parts that help selling them. I miss an animal for instance.

Edited by Borex