Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

13 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Oh, ok. I guess we'll have to wait then :/

Are d2cs always big sets? I mean... this is a batmobil.

No, D2Cs aren’t always big sets, but this one is 3306 pieces so it’s quite large. 

I still don't understand how a Burton Bat-vehicle could possibly be 3300 pieces. 

Edited by RadioYeh

24 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

I still don't understand how a Burton Bat-vehicle could possibly be 3300 pieces. 

It could either be:

1. Very large

2. Include multiple vehicles

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It could either be:

1. Very large

2. Include multiple vehicles

Have they ever included multiple vehicles though? At least in a Superhero related D2C?

14 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

Have they ever included multiple vehicles though? At least in a Superhero related D2C?

Well yes, but actually no

Only if you count the miniquinjets in the Helicarrier

2 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

I keep thinking they will take a similar approach to the Jurassic world d2c.

Maybe we will get a Batcave type display to go with it? Or maybe a part of Gotham City? One thing that has me puzzled about the new Burton Batman figure is the fact that the cape appears to be "posed" in a certain way. The left side is clearly lower then the right side. Maybe Batman will be standing on a display of sorts.

I still think you could do the Batwing, paired with Joker's Parade Floats, including the 200th anniversary cake (maybe with parts to switch it to 80th, in honour of Batman) from Batman '89. 

Falconfan says TTG inspired a character in the CMF, but not in the way that you'd think. I'm thinking Starfire with the bug creature as an accessory, as the bug creature is a character and a character isn't often included as a thing on the side with another character.

22 minutes ago, ood0 said:

a character isn't often included as a thing on the side with another character.

We have the dog and cat from Simpsons, Niffler, Nagini, Scabbers, Hedwig, Crookshanks, Zan (water form), Toto, Scarfield. That's already 10 times in the last few years, and considering these are only from licensed series (and TLM2) that's actually a relatively large amount of characters

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Falconfan says TTG inspired a character in the CMF, but not in the way that you'd think. I'm thinking Starfire with the bug creature as an accessory, as the bug creature is a character and a character isn't often included as a thing on the side with another character.

You mean Mr Mind? I would have thought he’d came with a Shazam figure *huh*

Just now, J4ck said:

You mean Mr Mind? I would have thought he’d came with a Shazam figure *huh*

No, Silkie, which is one of Killer Moth's genetically modified moth larvae. Starfire adopted it in both the Teen Titans and TTG shows.

Honestly, I'd love another Moth variant

Edited by Duncan Young

Just now, Duncan Young said:

No, Silkie, which is one of Killer Moth's genetically modified moth larvae. Starfire adopted it in both the Teen Titans and TTG shows.

I’m with you on that one! 

KILLER MOTH KILLER MOTH KILLER MOTH

26 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Agreed, but not necessarily in this CMF series since we’ve already have a Killer Moth CMF :grin: Plus two other rather recent versions

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed, but not necessarily in this CMF series since we’ve already have a Killer Moth CMF :grin: Plus two other rather recent versions

Oh absolutely, I'm actually a bit surprised we haven't seen his 2016 mould reused on a new variant. His MM and CMF figs both used the bumblebee part. Seeing the helmet in a pearl silver or light grey to represent his Year One/Rebirth looks would be brilliant

22 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Oh absolutely, I'm actually a bit surprised we haven't seen his 2016 mould reused on a new variant. His MM and CMF figs both used the bumblebee part. Seeing the helmet in a pearl silver or light grey to represent his Year One/Rebirth looks would be brilliant

That helmet is smart, I have to admit. This is an intriguing riddle, as it could be a main character or villain, but easily some weird reference. My first thought was Robin as Batman, even though it means takes a spot. My preference would be Brain and Mallah, even if Mallah is human sized.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We have the dog and cat from Simpsons, Niffler, Nagini, Scabbers, Hedwig, Crookshanks, Zan (water form), Toto, Scarfield. That's already 10 times in the last few years, and considering these are only from licensed series (and TLM2) that's actually a relatively large amount of characters

Yeah, you're right. It's a more common occurrence than I thought at the time, but it would still be unexpected to have (him? her? it?) appear so it would definitely fit the "not in the way that you'd think" criteria. When they say "inspired a character" I would expect a figure, not a pet, and when thinking of a character, I probably never would've thought of the fairly insignificant but recognisable Silky (unless it was made clear that it was an unexpected character, of course).

On 10/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, Cut the Kragle said:

7 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

I'm still betting on a Kingdom Come Supes rather than first appearance.

Kingdom Come sounds the best Supes version to be made in the CMF. But they could also do "not Superman" versions, like Superman Cyborg and Superboy (the classic designs from Reign of Supermen). These minifigures would have great printings.

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Just putting it out there. Everyone so far is ice cold

Maybe its Ssslaaadee from Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Im thinking it's going to be Slade. "Inspired by" could easily mean it's an indirect tie-in (similar to how Stargirl and Huntress both are for Stargirl and Birds of Prey). Slade, Raven, or Nightwing are probably the most likely if that's the case since all three have designs from DCSV that haven't been made in physical form.

15 minutes ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

Im thinking it's going to be Slade. "Inspired by" could easily mean it's an indirect tie-in (similar to how Stargirl and Huntress both are for Stargirl and Birds of Prey). Slade, Raven, or Nightwing are probably the most likely if that's the case since all three have designs from DCSV that haven't been made in physical form.

I'd kill for a Deathstroke based on his DCSV game.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Just putting it out there. Everyone so far is ice cold

Hmm, alright then. Aqualad or Kid Flash perhaps? We haven't really been considering heroes.

Edited by ood0