Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I already know that that First Appearance Batman is going to be one of the most sought after figures of the wave (I just pray he won't be like Percival Graves in the Harry Potter CMF series where there was only 1 of him in an entire box). The blue batarangs are also a nice reference to blue inner layer of his cape since Lego doesn't really do two color capes.

Though the one thing that bothers me now that I've seen it is that his utility belt buckle is completely wrong, it should be a circle instead of a typical rectangle shape.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

6 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I already know that that First Appearance Batman is going to be one of the most sought after figures of the wave (I just pray he won't be like Percival Graves in the Harry Potter CMF series where there was only 1 of him in an entire box). The blue batarangs are also a nice reference to blue inner layer of his cape since Lego doesn't really do two color capes.

Though the one thing that bothers me now that I've seen it is that his utility belt buckle is completely wrong, it should be a circle instead of a typical rectangle shape.

As there are 16 figures in this series and 60 in a box I think we're getting at least 3 complete series per box.

As for your cape observation, you might want to take a look at The Rise of Skywalker Lando. He has a cape that's blue on the inside and black on the outside

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah but the guy is saying he'll post more soon so he pretty much has the whole series. 

That isnt normal

Who’s the guy? I can’t find the OG source.

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As there are 16 figures in this series and 60 in a box I think we're getting at least 3 complete series per box.

As for your cape observation, you might want to take a look at The Rise of Skywalker Lando. He has a cape that's blue on the inside and black on the outside

Huh, I'm not a Star Wars guy but that cape looks amazing. I wish Lego could've done that on Batman and Robin now, they've been needing two-toned capes for a while now.

1 hour ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I already know that that First Appearance Batman is going to be one of the most sought after figures of the wave (I just pray he won't be like Percival Graves in the Harry Potter CMF series where there was only 1 of him in an entire box).

Why would you even say that?! :cry3:

Really liking all of these figures so far. Only improvement would have been a Guy Gardner Green Lantern, but I’ll take these. The first appearance Batman I’m really happy with.  Still holding out for Creeper!!!! Come on LEGO!!!

*huh* That's actually the Helena Wayne Huntress, did not expect that. Still, she probably wore the best version of the Huntress costume to be put to panel, and it doesn't really matter whether it's Wayne or Bertinelli as they pretty much look the same (or did until Bertinelli got rebooted with a darker skin tone). I wish we could get Power Girl to go along with her though!

Classic Cyborg feels like he is only being included because he was left out of TLBM S2, but the level of detail is impressive. Still, there are other Titans and classic variants I would have had, and I'm wondering how well those arms might transfer to one of the older figures.

First appearance Batman I'm actually not that excited for. I'm sure vignette builders will use him well, but I think that there were more versatile versions of the character to give the CMF treatment, like Batman Beyond, Hush, or a classic Neal Adams look, and I feel it diminishes our chances of getting a more interesting version of Superman or Wonder Woman (though I'd actually be more okay with Golden Age versions of them, as they were used in The New Frontier). I'd be all for a golden age Flash though. Something looks off Batman's mask too, but it might just be the angle.

Also, can anyone tell whether the grinning Stargirl has braces? That would be a nice touch. Sinestro is growing on me too. This series might not give me everyone I want exactly how I want them, but I'm already thinking of getting multiples of a bunch of them.

I plan on getting an entire box because I don't want to miss any, want duplicates for the lanterns because of the batteries and rings, want extras for parts because I build custom superhero minifigures, DC or my own from my writings, and I really want to display all the minifigures on top of the box on a shelf and want to support this CMF since I already, from what we have seen, want a S2. I think that either 1. Lego is leaking these figures because the people who enjoy these obscure characters are people who look for leaks and are the AFOLs, and Lego wants to drum up excitement, or 2. Someone from DC was sent them so they could be approved, and because DC doesn't care as much about toy leaks, an employee could have gotten the set and is leaking them to fans.

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

As long as Lego doesn’t take drastic action over the high level of leaks *oh2*

Lets pray they don’t

But DC approves the designs, not the actual minifigures already produced. That would cost a lot of money for a figure that might be rejected

The other theory about these being leaked on purpose.... hmm its interesting but I dont see why tho

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

That’s a pretty bad miss on lego’s behalf, especially since the pic someone posted from one of the DC games had it correct.

4 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Love the Classic Cyborg and First Appearance Batman. Like a few other people I would have preferred Huntress to have a moulded mask and hair piece but she still looks pretty cool and will go nicely with the Black Canary minifig from TLBM series 2 for some JLU nostalgia! 

Now we just need The Question and we can do the Date Night episode.

All these look great, especially Huntress and Batman. I know there are people saying the Keaton Batman isn't part of the CMF series but is that ACTUALLY confirmed? I know it's a long shot but I can hope. 

19 minutes ago, Do1633 said:

I plan on getting an entire box because I don't want to miss any, want duplicates for the lanterns because of the batteries and rings, want extras for parts because I build custom superhero minifigures, DC or my own from my writings, and I really want to display all the minifigures on top of the box on a shelf and want to support this CMF since I already, from what we have seen, want a S2. I think that either 1. Lego is leaking these figures because the people who enjoy these obscure characters are people who look for leaks and are the AFOLs, and Lego wants to drum up excitement, or 2. Someone from DC was sent them so they could be approved, and because DC doesn't care as much about toy leaks, an employee could have gotten the set and is leaking them to fans.

I can confirm the first reason is not true. The second, can’t confirm but highly doubt it. These are multi million dollar companies so why would they be taking grainy images?

Just now, Bardan_Jusik said:

Now we just need The Question and we can do the Date Night episode.

All these look great, especially Huntress and Batman. I know there are people saying the Keaton Batman isn't part of the CMF series but is that ACTUALLY confirmed? I know it's a long shot but I can hope. 

I doubt it as could draw some people away from the D2C

44 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

That’s a pretty bad miss on lego’s behalf, especially since the pic someone posted from one of the DC games had it correct.

Yeah, thought it wouldn't be the first time Lego got something inaccurate. The Spider-Man minifigure that they made for the 76067 Tanker Truck Takedown set was based on concept art from Civil War that ended up being completely changed to the suit design that was later used in the Homecoming and Far From Home sets.

Love these guys as well! I'm pumped that Cyborg has a printed face below his molded headpiece, so if I wanted to do him in a red hoodie with the hood up (like he did in Doom Patrol), I totally could.

Huntress's mask print is not my all-time favorite, but it'll grow on me, as the hair really is good for her. Very surprised (and glad) her costume gets its classic cross, as Lego tends to steer away from religious imagery (probably since it looks so much more "t" than some looks with this version).

Early appearance Batman is also nice. I'm not sure, but I think he did sometimes have that type of belt early on, at least in some of the art.

Does anyone know the story of Cyborg's purple chain here?

17 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Early appearance Batman is also nice. I'm not sure, but I think he did sometimes have that type of belt early on, at least in some of the art.

Does anyone know the story of Cyborg's purple chain here?

I've already said it before a few pages back, but I'm pretty sure he has that chain to mimic this cover:

Image result for cyborg 1980s

I've also done a little digging and while the belt on the First Appearance Batman IS inaccurate for a Detective Comics #27 Batman (though on the cover of the issue, he has a rectangular buckle :wacko:), it works perfectly for a Detective Comics #28 Batman :grin:

LdRTHEo.png                                             Image result for detective comics #27 hd

Edited by MisterBatfleck

39 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I've also done a little digging and while the belt on the First Appearance Batman IS inaccurate for a Detective Comics #27 Batman (though on the cover of the issue, he has a rectangular buckle :wacko:), it works perfectly for a Detective Comics #28 Batman :grin:

I think this comes under “damned if you do, damned if you don’t”. At the moment - aside from this one - it’s hard to gauge accuracy until we get actual details of which version of who they were going for. 

3 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I think this comes under “damned if you do, damned if you don’t”. At the moment - aside from this one - it’s hard to gauge accuracy until we get actual details of which version of who they were going for. 

Yup, these early issues were really inconsistent with the details. In issue #27, Batman has purple gloves but in issue #29, he has blue ones and a rectangular buckle again. It's clear that Lego was going for his First Appearance look, but I think that whoever searched up what his first Batsuit was like for the torso print just found one of the images from his early Detective Comics issues and went with it, even though the suit kept on changing from issue to issue for a bit until the artists finally settled on the standard Batsuit details that we know today.

Swoon! This might end up being my favorite CMF series ever, I think. And we've only seen half of it! Now, just give me Saturn Girl and Doctor Fate. They can hang on to Red Tornado for Series 2, if they need. I'll also second the desire for an OG Raven figure. 

I'd bet $50 that we're going to get a first appearance-style Superman. It's too perfect a paring to ignore.

Again, I know nothing about the CMF that others don't already know.

And I was also unaware of the mini-Keatonmobile. Looks amazing though! Great year for DC in LEGO!

I am really glad to see Huntress. I may have the unpopular opinion, but I think they executive the mask perfectly. The batwoman mask covers too much.  So far Huntress and Simon are my favorite ones. 

Fingers crossed for a helmeted Deathstroke. Add a comic Ares, Dr Fate, Raven, Zatanna, and Big Barda and  I wouldn't sleep till they were released. 

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The other theory about these being leaked on purpose.... hmm its interesting but I dont see why tho

Companies do it on occasion to get people hyped up, things like this actually happen more than you think

3 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I'd bet $50 that we're going to get a first appearance-style Superman. It's too perfect a paring to ignore.

While I agree it would be a good pairing I really hope it doesn't come true. First appearance Superman would be a waste of a figurespot imo

1 hour ago, Schvatts said:

Fingers crossed for a helmeted Deathstroke. Add a comic Ares, Dr Fate, Raven, Zatanna, and Big Barda and  I wouldn't sleep till they were released. 

I would really love to see Deathstroke, but unless the helmet is dualmolded I think a normal head would be fine. Just like his appearance in DC Supervillains

Considering the great detail on these figures, I hope we get a Mister Terrific this season, with "Fair Play" printed on his arms

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Considering the great detail on these figures, I hope we get a Mister Terrific this season, with "Fair Play" printed on his arms

That would be cool!