Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

New Batman minifigure has leaked and it is amazing! Its the 1989 Batsuit with costum molded cowl and chestpiece. Not sure if it will be with this new exclusive Batmobile or with the UCS Batmobile that will come out in December. Personally I'm going with the latter since there is no mention of a minifigure on the box of the exclusive one.

Wait, are they going to release the GWP Batmobile before the UCS one? That's not good...

That's probably the best looking standard Batman yet. The mold for the cowl/cape looks like a perfect rendition of the 1989 suit. 

The UCS is supposed to come out in November so I would suspect that the GWP Batmobile is for that release. I hope it's the Batwing, but they could also do a bigger version of the Batmobile. They've done it before with, for example, the Harley Davidson.

Now THAT is an accurate Keaton Batman. I said before I would only accept said fig if they did something special with it, and OH BOY did they listen. I'm not even a huge fan of Burton's Batman movies and I need this in my life.

Just now, DarthLeapyous said:

Does anyone know if there will be a Jack Nicholson Joker minifigure?

Not that we know of so far. Still given that the new December UCS Batmobile will include the Keaton figure there is a chance that they add the Nicholson Joker as well like they did with the UCS Tumbler. If he is included I'm expecting to see him relatively soon as well.

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

Wait, are they going to release the GWP Batmobile before the UCS one? That's not good...

Well we don't know when the GWP Batmobile will be available so it could be that it will be around the same time as the UCS one.

This has to be from the CMF series, right?

Because the set box doesnt show him

And the Batmobile is an exclusive and wouldnt have a new mould

Man that Batman is just perfection. Love the chest/cape :wub:

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

And the Batmobile is an exclusive anf wouldnt have a new mould

Why wouldn't it have a new mould?

Just now, nikhkin said:

Why wouldn't it have a new mould?

Event exclusives - like SDCC figures - dont have new moulds

Just now, Robert8 said:

Event exclusives - like SDCC figures - dont have new moulds

The new UCS set isn't an event exclusive, though. It could easily be from that. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

This has to be from the CMF series, right?

Because the set box doesnt show him

And the Batmobile is an exclusive and wouldnt have a new mould

Man that Batman is just perfection. Love the chest/cape :wub:

This is either fake or from the D2C. There is no chance of this being from the CMF and it wouldn't make any sense, I'm honestly wondering why you think its from the CMF

I’m just speculating here, but the D2C piece count, the limited 1989 Batmobile and this possible Keaton style minifigure make me wonder if we’re headed for a UCS 2-pack of 1989 Batmobile and Batwing, with two minifigures, Keaton and Nicholson. That would have parallels with the Tumbler set with two figures which has sold really well for LEGO. The piece count of the new set is apparently higher than the Tumbler. However, the Keaton Batmobile in the same sort of scale as the Tumbler might well have a lower piece count. Not as bulky, not as many panels, more streamlined. So maybe the piece count is made up by an in-scale Batwing. The exclusive set is for VIP orders within a short window. ?

Edited by scottypavarotti
Spelling

That new Batman figure is amazing. I love the new cowl and cape mold! I’m guessing it’s from the D2C since no figure was shown on the box of the GWP. I hope it’ll be revealed soon- the Joker Manor was revealed at the end of September for a Black Friday release so I hope the new D2C will be revealed any day now!

Oh my god. I could not possibly be happier. If it is indeed real, they absolutely did the Keaton suit justice.

my two-cents: The ucs is the Keaton Batmobile, and comes with Batman, Joker and maybe penguin and Catwoman?

the batmobile will just be a GWP like Diagonal Alley, Avengers Tower, Battle of Hoth and Battle of Endor. Either it will be a qualifying price on superhero sets, or only if you buy the Batmobile

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Batman comes either in D2C set or CMF series. Honestly, I know people love this minifgure, but I think it looks awful tbh.

The CMF is based on DC Comics characters, not any of the movies or tv series

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The CMF is based on DC Comics characters, not any of the movies or tv series

When they say is a DC Comics CMF series I think of it as the brand, not that only comic-exclusive characters will appear

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

When they say is a DC Comics CMF series I think of it as the brand, not that only comic-exclusive characters will appear

Exactly. I think they're probably willing to pull versions of characters from whatever they decide will sell well.

48 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Exactly. I think they're probably willing to pull versions of characters from whatever they decide will sell well.

Regardless this figure ain’t in the cmf. You can take that to the bank. 

A bit disappointed that they didn't include an exclusive face print for Keaton like they did for Bale, but the cowl mold more than makes up for that.

I honestly kind of wish they would just retire that face print all together, because I never found it particularly interesting even when it debuted in 2012.

The new Keaton Batman looks really cool, and I really want to make sure I get my hands on him when he comes out. I haven’t looked forward to a Batman minifigure in a long time.

13 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I’m planting my flag firmly on the side of Legoised comic versions. I don’t think we’ll see other versions. Unless by some fluke the four reveals just happened to be comic only, I don’t see it. They could have made Sinestro from the BatB cartoon, Stargirl from Legends and Metamorpho from Beware the Batman, for example. Just my two pence worth.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m planting my flag firmly on the side of Legoised comic versions. I don’t think we’ll see other versions. Unless by some fluke the four reveals just happened to be comic only, I don’t see it. They could have made Sinestro from the BatB cartoon, Stargirl from Legends and Metamorpho from Beware the Batman, for example. Just my two pence worth.

They’ll be all comic based, some designs may be influenced by TV and Film but ultimately still comic based.