Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

10 hours ago, J4ck said:

No. We’ve never had CW minifigures. We might get him because he’s in an upcoming Tv show but it’ll be comic version without a doubt.

That's exactly what I said, including the comic version of the Monitor in the CMF as a tie-in to Crisis. Similair to how lego dealt with the Suicide Squad movie

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's exactly what I said, including the comic version of the Monitor in the CMF as a tie-in to Crisis. Similair to how lego dealt with the Suicide Squad movie

Considering how much they're hyping up Crisis on Infinite Earths and the timing of this CMF series releasing coinciding with that, I'd be very surprised if we didn't get comic versions of some of the characters appearing in the crossover.

Didn't someone say TLM2 bombed because the kids that watched the first one had put on 5 years since the first and probably no longer had interest? And I think most kids won't watch a sequel if they haven't seen the first 

13 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Didn't someone say TLM2 bombed because the kids that watched the first one had put on 5 years since the first and probably no longer had interest? And I think most kids won't watch a sequel if they haven't seen the first 

TLM2 bombed for multiple reasons, but we probably should stop talking about why the film bombed and get back to topic

Now... I'm really kind of clutching at straws, but we've never had widely available CW figures because... Well Batman isn't in any of the shows, and they can't sell sets without him... But a CMF would be THE perfect time to get any CW figures, at least just Green Arrow, Flash and Supergirl (who haven't been SDCC exclusives, interestingly...)

Ha, until this comment I always had assumed the 2013 exclusive was an Arrow Green Arrow tie-in. Just realised that it is actually not.

10 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

16 minifigures and color of box in placeholder is black.

As thankful as I am for this CMF series, especially the awesome minifigs leaked so far, I can’t help but be a little disappointed that there are only 16 in the series.

Hey, 16 minifigs is still a pretty good number considering that it will mostly be obscure characters and designs we would NEVER get in regular sets. 

Here's hoping that Lego is just waiting to see how well this series sells so that if they do a Series 2, it'll be bumped to 20.

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

Here's hoping that Lego is just waiting to see how well this series sells so that if they do a Series 2, it'll be bumped to 20.

That's not how CMF's work. If it performs well they will most likely make another series, not necessarily bump up the amount of figures

28 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Thousands of DC characters and they plump for 16? I just hope this isn’t a one and done series.

Might be to do with the fact TLBM series 2 sold very poorly.

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

Hey, 16 minifigs is still a pretty good number considering that it will mostly be obscure characters and designs we would NEVER get in regular sets. 

Amen

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's not how CMF's work. If it performs well they will most likely make another series, not necessarily bump up the amount of figures

They’ve only ever bumped up the minifigure count once (excluding series 10) and that was for Series 18. Licensed series seem to have their own rules.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, J4ck said:

By who?

Other than the people speculating, who’s confirmed it to be the Batmobile?

Ahem. It is.

RE: DC CMF

Doctor Fate and Red Tornado, yes, please, and thank you! As a huge comic nerd for most of my life, there aren't many characters I don't know, obscure or not, and I'm down for most of them!

My only concern: SATURN GIRL, OR WE RIOT. I don't even CARE about the Legion, but to have two of the three founders, and not finish that particular trifecta? This is the perfect opportunity. DO IT. OR ELSE.

(disclaimer: I don't know anything particular about the CMF series other than what's leaked)

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Might be to do with the fact TLBM series 2 sold very poorly.

I don’t know, if it sold that poorly why would they do this series? That series was from a tongue-in-cheek look at the franchise, this is more grounded. Well, as grounded as having an alien, a man wielding alien tech, a teenager wielding a cosmic rod, and the victim of an assassination attempt involving a meteor :grin: I’m just being greedy but would have liked more, I’ll live with it.

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

16 minifigures and color of box in placeholder is black.

Well that is some interesting info

16 minifigures sounds to me like this is just Series 1 and there are more to come.

After getting bike in Series 19 (which had 16 characters) I wonder who might get a big mould as accesory

Itaria: as these labeled as "minifigures"? Because they can pull another Unkitty and include a brick build character here. 

Sinestro leaked again, he has a yellow lantern and ring as accesories

3 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Can a Big Fig fit in one of the new, larger CMF bags?

Pretty sure they don't, but they would never give us 4$ Bigfigs anyway

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Itaria: as these labeled as "minifigures"? Because they can pull another Unkitty and include a brick build character here. 

I can absolutely deny that they are not labeled as "minifigures".
If I saw the pictures I would have said that the teaser has no differences with a normal standard miniifigures series., just the description text is different.
But I can't say that I saw the pictures.
And I cannot say many true things either.

16 isn’t that surprising to me :classic: So far, only the TLM spin-offs and sequel had 20 minifigs, 18 is reserved for the Disney series and WW was a special case with 22 since it combined two themes. The other licensed series had the usual 16 (Simpsons, DFB). Judging by that pattern, 16 makes the most sense

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I don’t know, if it sold that poorly why would they do this series? That series was from a tongue-in-cheek look at the franchise, this is more grounded. Well, as grounded as having an alien, a man wielding alien tech, a teenager wielding a cosmic rod, and the victim of an assassination attempt involving a meteor :grin: I’m just being greedy but would have liked more, I’ll live with it.

They sold like any other series in the UK. But my American friend said there were reeks of them left and for a long time too over the pond.

So far in this series it’s 2/4 minifigures for me.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sinestro leaked again, he has a yellow lantern and ring as accesories

Looks cool :thumbup: I still wonder why they went with that blue outfit since it looks rather awkward combined with the yellow Lantern accessories :wacko:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks cool :thumbup: I still wonder why they went with that blue outfit since it looks rather awkward combined with the yellow Lantern accessories :wacko:

I think part of it is they are leaked pics, but its his more classic outfit (a greeny blue teal colour) that shows up in stuff like the Justice League Unlimited cartoon 

7 minutes ago, MatBoyWonder said:

I think part of it is they are leaked pics, but its his more classic outfit (a greeny blue teal colour) that shows up in stuff like the Justice League Unlimited cartoon 

From what I can gather, he wore that outfit before creating the Sinestro Corps, which is why it‘s a bit weird that he has the yellow ring and lantern :grin: I‘m not complaining though