Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

36 minutes ago, Henry Bricklider said:

Are we aloud to Wishlist on this forum in regards to the upcoming CMF series? I can remove this post if so. I'd like to see a really nice new variant for Superman (he hasn't had a proper revamp in the mainline sets), really want Zatanna, Red Robin, a proper comic book Alfred, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Superboy (Jonathan Kent), some of the New Gods (Mister Miracle, Big Barda, and Orion).

Have a look down the list of topics, the wish list thread is around somewhere.

31 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Anyone know what Lego is doing for Batman Day, if anything?

Nothing besides posting some images of Lego Batman on social media, it seems. 

4 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I'm really interested to see how these will sell, but I fear for a Batman Movie S2 scenario. 

DC doesn't have the same appeal as Marvel characters, the ones we've seen probably aren't even known by the general public making them just random characters and imo they're even too obscure for regular Lego/DC/Superheroes fans. Maybe the other characters are somewhat more well known and this argument doesn't make sense, but I don't have high hopes. If they give us variants than I hope it are anticipated ones.

Thing how, who exactly decides what characters are obscure or not? Aside from the Batman & Superman films, many people's first big introduction to the larger DC Universe was the animated Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, or maybe even Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I used to watch BTBatB, which included many characters I'd never heard of, but by now are familiar with; Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Firestorm, Blue Beetle (Kord and Reyes), Booster Gold, Metamorpho, Plastic Man, Guy Gardener, Vixen, the Justice Society of America, Ace the Bat Hound, Calendar Man, Doctor Sivana, Gentleman Ghost, Starro, the list could go on...

With the LBM series, those characters were the most ridiculous type of characters, who were only really included in the movie in the first place as a joke to how obscure they actually are. But this series seems to serve as fan service for people who are actual fans of DC, not necessarily die hard fans, but characters that should be recognized, and like others have said, characters that are most likely to not appear in sets. It was never like this series was just going to include new versions of the only 20 DC characters that even non fans should know

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Batman: The Brave and the Bold

That show worked so well in a way that would have looked forced if done with Justice League, as well as upping the collective profile of DCs past characters. I think that there’s also confusion between “obscure” and “old”, or “lesser-known”. 

I’m liking how our GLs have all arrived in different ways; a regular set, a BYOA book, a polybag with DVD, and now a CMF. Lego need something outrageous for Gardner and Rayner.

19 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

many people's first big introduction to the larger DC Universe was the animated Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, or maybe even Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

For me it was (and still is) the Arrowverse. All the other characters I know are either from the (lego) movies, lego games and very rarely comics

2 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m liking how our GLs have all arrived in different ways; a regular set, a BYOA book, a polybag with DVD, and now a CMF. Lego need something outrageous for Gardner and Rayner.

There is one possible option left I'm hoping will never happen: SDCC

3 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

I have to say I’m disappointed that they didn’t take the opportunity to give Sinestro pointy ears, the figure isn’t really worth it if you have the other one without that change.

If you are open to mild customisation you could easily paint one or two colours on an existing hairpiece. I did that a lot for my orc army.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Neverheard of him but his design looks so weird it's awesome!

I know right :grin:

17 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I meant it as 2 new characters and 1 old character (Sinestro). Sorry if I didn’t make that clear enough

Are all the figures in this series comic based? Any chance we might get some movie or TV show figs in there? Also I would love to have some evil Batmen from Dark Nights Metal

There's 3 new characters and 1 old one with new variant.

5 hours ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

ur being a negative nancy my guy! most comic fans will be familiar with these characters, one of them is even getting her own live action series. If they stick to the regulars thatd be pointless IMO. i know the lego batman theme is technically different, but it's still DC, and if they sold as badly as you make out, why would they bother with this? I think most of the CMF lines, Harry Potter, Ninjago and TLB have had an even split of niche, variant and popular characters, and I'm sure the same will happen here. We've only seen 4 out of what 16 or 20 possible figs?

You're forgetting who the target audience are: Children.

1 hour ago, Henry Bricklider said:

Alright, thanks. Should I remove my post here?

I wouldn’t worry about it, but it’s there for future reference and right now it’s just as relevant as this one :wink:

20 minutes ago, J4ck said:

You're forgetting who the target audience are: Children.

To me Lego have this covered. I mean as long as they put out 16-20 vibrant and different figs - which is certainly plausible given DC’s roster - then kids will be happy. Like with HP, Disney and the Simpsons there will be those who know all, some or none. They should be able to please all of the ones who are proper little fans like I was, a decent number of casual fans and a reasonable number of non-fans. Then there are those who will want them because they collect them regardless, in which case if we’re lucky a few new fans will be born. And then there will be families like mine that will want a set for the collection and another for play. The part that really matters is the financial aspect, and how we’re all doing in January.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:46 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

Also, one Wonder Woman set, which will most likely be from the film

Update: apparently this Wonder Woman set is 4+

The winter wave would be too early for WW1984 merch...

I'd say it's just a Wonder Woman set 

Which is interesting becuase they just changed the box art to feature only Batman... So I guess Batman will be in that set as well

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Which is interesting becuase they just changed the box art to feature only Batman... So I guess Batman will be in that set as well

They change the box art to represent which character is the hero of the set. Look at the Captain Marvel set and then the Endgame set boxes.

Batman and Spider-man are listed separately from DC and Marvel on the Lego site. Maybe they're splitting them into separate lines...

Do you think it's fair to expect a Yellow version of the new Lantern piece to come with Sinestro from the new DC CMF? We haven't seen that figure's accessories yet.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Batman and Spider-man are listed separately from DC and Marvel on the Lego site. Maybe they're splitting them into separate lines...

Do you think it's fair to expect a Yellow version of the new Lantern piece to come with Sinestro from the new DC CMF? We haven't seen that figure's accessories yet.

Absolutely! I'm pretty sure that's why he's even in this series- so Lego gets it's use out of the new mould

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'm hoping they will, partly so I can get an extra set for my existing Sinestro figure. And it would make sense; why go through all the trouble of making the mould and decal that can easily be used for another figure in the wave but then not use it, especially when Sinestro had both a ring and lantern back when he primarily wore that suit?

Edited by pawcanada

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The winter wave would be too early for WW1984 merch...

I'd say it's just a Wonder Woman set 

I think they'll change the box art depending on the starring character. Same basic design, but with WW instead.

The Marvel box art was similar, with the Spider-Man and Captain Marvel sets

I'm pretty pumped for collectible minifig series now - and hopefully its just a way to keep the line fresh (I see loads of people saying TLBM S2 didn't sell well but is there much to back that up? - I thought it was an awesome series and bought about half of it)

Stargirl, Metamorpho are awesome and were not on my expected list! Simon Baz (and lanterns in general) I'm not fussed for but I'll pick him up for the accessories alone. As repeats go Sinestro isn't a bad one to have, but i may give him a pass. Either way it beats more Jokers. 

It would be great if we got some Young Justice minifigs since the lack of toy sales is what got the show cancelled in the first place and I think every Young Justice fan would be happy to support the show with something like lego which works for adult fans as well as kids. 

I just hope (like everyone here it seems!) that Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Red Tornado and Booster Gold make the cut. A non cartoony Raven and non Comic Con Bizzaro, Atom and Vixen have to be on the list too. 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Wonder women set is coming in May. It’s set 76157

And considering the film releases June 5th, I'd say it's a very safe bet...

I have to admit I was worried that they would simply do more lame variations in this CMF, *cough* *cough* Beach Batfamily *cough* *cough*, but from what we've seen so far this could very well turn out to be my favorite CMF ever.

Its also incredible that we're getting both leg AND arm printing for these minifigs, plus duel molded boots for a few.

Metamorpho! :wub_drool: That's a great looking figure. He'll go well with Katana and a Black Vulcan figure converted to Black Lightning to get an Outsiders team going. I'm excited for Stargirl too (though she could have a better hairpiece). Sinestro is kind of a meh variant, and something about Simon feels off. These bode well for the rest of the series though. :thumbup:

Agree about the hairpiece.

Its not a bald mould, but it feels too generic at this point. 

Also the flesh printing on her torso looks awful. It almost looks white, which makes her look straight up like female Captain America

Apparently I'm a bigger DC nerd than I realised, because none of these characters are obscure to me. The ones in TLBM CMF series 2 were way more obscure. All of these characters have been in (fairly) recent comics and shows; Stargirl in Stargirl and Legends of Tomorrow, Metamorpho in YJ: Outsiders (don't think he spoke though), Simon Baz in a lot of Green Lantern comic stuff and Sinestro in what is arguably his more iconic suit. These characters (minus Simon Baz, obviously) have also appeared in older TV shows such as Justice League Unlimited and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Full disclaimer, I haven't watched more than a few Justice League Action episodes, so for all I know they could make appearances in that too. 

I gotta say that I'm feeling really good about these selections so far.  Metamorpho in particular seems exactly in the level of popular/obscure that might get me those Creeper and Deadman figures that I really want...