Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

38 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

Am I the only one that's really just hoping for Young Justice figures? There's so many of them that just can't be made custom because of character-specific bits. The majority of the team just isn't doable in purist form right now and from what I can tell YJ is one of the most popular DC television properties right now.

Speaking as a very casual fan who really only got into DC because of Young Justice (which then prompted me to go and watch all the old Justice League animated series), I’m probably only going to pick some up if they have Young Justice characters. Artemis and Aqualad in particular are personal favorites. And Lego definitely has some sort of license for those versions of the characters (and the cw ones) because they’ve appeared in the Supervillains game. 

48 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I really want some Arrowverse figures. Savitar would be awesome

I agree, mostly because the Arrowverse is what made me interested in DC and it's also what's keeping me interest. Without the Arrowverse shows I would've probably not cared about anything other than Batman, and that's just because of the Nolan trilogy

35 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Speaking as a very casual fan who really only got into DC because of Young Justice (which then prompted me to go and watch all the old Justice League animated series), I’m probably only going to pick some up if they have Young Justice characters. Artemis and Aqualad in particular are personal favorites. And Lego definitely has some sort of license for those versions of the characters (and the cw ones) because they’ve appeared in the Supervillains game. 

TT-Games isn't the same as LEGO though 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

And Lego definitely has some sort of license for those versions of the characters (and the cw ones) because they’ve appeared in the Supervillains game. 

Physical merchandising is very different from video game licensing. 

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

Physical merchandising is very different from video game licensing. 

True, it’s a different license than what they’d need for physical sets, but it at least shows there’s some sort of line of communication open.

3 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Am I the only one that's really just hoping for Young Justice figures? There's so many of them that just can't be made custom because of character-specific bits. The majority of the team just isn't doable in purist form right now and from what I can tell YJ is one of the most popular DC television properties right now.

You are not the only one my friend. YJ would be a nice addition to the DC minifigures theme. 

4 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Am I the only one that's really just hoping for Young Justice figures? 

Not at all, there’s a wealth of characters to mine. Aqualad, Miss Martian, Lagoon Boy, Artemis, even more recent additions or members of The Light that have gained popularity.

As much as I detest the CW shows, I suppose I wouldn't mind figures. However, I highly doubt they would considering the SDCC exclusives.

Edited by RadioYeh

16 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

As much as I detest the CW shows, I suppose I wouldn't mind figures. However, I highly doubt they would considering the SDCC exclusives.

I’d like inspired by characters in a comics style set. Especially Legends, there’s a good array of characters there, but the costume designs aren’t great.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’d like inspired by characters in a comics style set. Especially Legends, there’s a good array of characters there, but the costume designs aren’t great.

Agreed!

If LEGO are still set on including Rebirth designs, I think it would be a mistake to exclude their design of Nightwing from the DC Super villains.

Edited by RadioYeh

I hope that we get a normal Raven minifig in this series. Not the Teen Titans Go version, but a normal one that matches the rest of the Teen Titans minfigs from the Jokerland set.

2 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

I hope that we get a normal Raven minifig in this series. Not the Teen Titans Go version, but a normal one that matches the rest of the Teen Titans minfigs from the Jokerland set.

If we get Raven, it won’t be TTG. This series sounds like it’ll be Comic Versions.

Might as well throw in the hope of getting a new Cyborg that resembles the 2003 cartoon version as well in order to complete the team that was started in the Jokerland set.

10 hours ago, J4ck said:

[...] This series sounds like it’ll be Comic Versions.

Based on what, exactly? All we know is that it‘s a DC series, the rest is just speculation :wink: Of course a comic-based series is the most likely option, but there‘s no real evidence to support that assumption

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Based on what, exactly? All we know is that it‘s a DC series, the rest is just speculation :wink: Of course a comic-based series is the most likely option, but there‘s no real evidence to support that assumption

First there aren’t any DC films coming out so that rules out that. We’ve never had any set based off of the CW shows, we’ve had minifigures out into sets when the characters appears on the CW shows but the minifigure was still a comic version. So I don’t Lego is gonna start now with the CW variants. That leaves Comic versions.

Like you say it is speculation.

34 minutes ago, J4ck said:

First there aren’t any DC films coming out so that rules out that.

Actually, Birds of Prey comes out in February.

3 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I honestly want the DC cmf to have gotham figures:

Such as:

Jim Gordon

Bruce

Jeremiah

Selina

and so much more.

I don't watch Gotham, when is the next season out? If it's any time around the cmf we still won't get them but what about a set,...

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

First there aren’t any DC films coming out so that rules out that. We’ve never had any set based off of the CW shows, we’ve had minifigures out into sets when the characters appears on the CW shows but the minifigure was still a comic version. So I don’t Lego is gonna start now with the CW variants. That leaves Comic versions.

Like you say it is speculation.

I think we have the following options for what the series could be based on:

• Comics: easily the most likely option given that‘s what a majority of the sets are already based on, which is also this option’s biggest caveat.
  • DCEU: Not impossible, but the DCEU sets probably weren’t successful enough to warrant an entire series. Plus the DCEU is practically a non-entity since the shift to individual franchises occurred :wink:
  • CW shows: a lot of these will be ending soon, so maybe they could take that as a chance? The audience for such a series probably doesn’t exist though, there’s a reason those versions have been relegated to SDCC exclusives...
  • Cartoon series: I’m not sure if this option has been brought up before, but a series based on either the classic or more current cartoons could work.
  • TLG’s own versions: crazy idea, but they could come up with their own versions of some characters, similar to what they did with the LEGO Batman movie.

Any other ideas? :sweet:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

• DCEU: Not impossible, but the DCEU sets probably weren’t successful enough to warrant an entire series. Plus the DCEU is practically a non-entity since the shift to individual franchises occurred

Could give us a few dceu figs like the Phoenix Joker (not saying we will get it, just saying characters that won't be in/have sets)

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I don't watch Gotham, when is the next season out? If it's any time around the cmf we still won't get them but what about a set,...

Gotham is cancelled, the final episode aired in april 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

CW shows: a lot of these will be ending soon

Arrow is the only show to end this year. And possibly Batwoman as the show isn't even out yet but most people already hate it (and they're competely right to do so, her part in Elseworlds and the trailer for the show are both bad)

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Arrow is the only show to end this year. And possibly Batwoman as the show isn't even out yet but most people already hate it (and they're competely right to do so, her part in Elseworlds and the trailer for the show are both bad)

Ah ok, no set then

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The criticism surrounding Ruby Rose and the Batwoman show annoys me greatly. I’m not going to get into it here for obvious reasons.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

If it were based on the other properties it would've likely been known about along with the leak. Also, it seems unlikely they'd go through extra effort to pertain the license to the TV versions, movie versions or animated versions and likenesses based on a more niche audience.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think we have the following options for what the series could be based on:

• Comics: easily the most likely option given that‘s what a majority of the sets are already based on, which is also this option’s biggest caveat.
  • DCEU: Not impossible, but the DCEU sets probably weren’t successful enough to warrant an entire series. Plus the DCEU is practically a non-entity since the shift to individual franchises occurred :wink:
  • CW shows: a lot of these will be ending soon, so maybe they could take that as a chance? The audience for such a series probably doesn’t exist though, there’s a reason those versions have been relegated to SDCC exclusives...
  • Cartoon series: I’m not sure if this option has been brought up before, but a series based on either the classic or more current cartoons could work.
  • TLG’s own versions: crazy idea, but they could come up with their own versions of some characters, similar to what they did with the LEGO Batman movie.

This is great analysis. Thank you. For me, best case scenario would be Lego’s own take. Second best would be comics.