Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

So. With news that marvel is receiving mini mechs. Can we presume that DC will follow?

Thoughts?

Is it a replacment wave for the might micros? Or simply there wont be any DC mini mechs its just a Marvel phase of sets. 

21 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

So. With news that marvel is receiving mini mechs. Can we presume that DC will follow?

Thoughts?

Is it a replacment wave for the might micros? Or simply there wont be any DC mini mechs its just a Marvel phase of sets. 

I kind of said this in the Marvel thread, I feel that (again pure speculation) the fact that Hasbro has the master license for Marvel action figures prevented Marvel to have a minifig series like DC. Therefore, I feel that the mechs are a substitution for that. It’s probably just a Marvel thing.

43 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Wait are mini mechs the mighty micros or are they the Bionicle-like ones from way back?

Presumably they're somewhere in-between. Seeing as they've been labelled as mech's but seemingly still include figures.

This is somewhere along the roster I plan to expect

assuming there will be 22 figures like wizarding world, I would say 11 heroes and 11 villains

1. Batman (Beyond or First Appearance)

2. Superman (New 52 or Kingdom Come)

3. Wonderwoman (Island outfit or possibly Donna Troy wonder girl)

4. Kid Flash

5. Simon Baz with Bdg

6. Black Lightning

7. Red Tornado

8. Huntress

9. Zatanna

10. Atom (Classic Ray or rebirth Ryan)

11. Dr. Fate

12. Hush

13. Metallo or Rebirth Bizarro

14. Ares

15. Mirror Master or Heatwave

16. Black Mask or Clayface Fig

17. Atrocitus with Dex

18. Vandal Savage

19. Black Adam

20. Mad Hatter

21. Ventriloquist and Scarface (due to mini builds being included now)

22. Sivanna

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

I reckon the Ventriloquist is a very likely outcome. He's exactly the type of character they like to include in Minifigure Series'.

I think Ventriloquist has been on the cards for a long time now, especially after the design we saw of him.  Personally I am hoping for a new Deathstroke with a removable helmet like Iron Man.  

30 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Personally I am hoping for a new Deathstroke with a removable helmet like Iron Man

I think we're most likely to see Deathstroke using a printed version of the comic Iron Man helmet piece.

My biggest concern is that it would be all black, with just the orange printed on the face plate, rather than being split down the middle fully. 

30 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

The question is, should we get Kid Flash, which version: Young Justice Wally, Rebirth Original Wally or New 52 New Wally?

Both at some point. You could mold a mask piece that the head goes on top of like a bow tie that also fits various hair molds.

2 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Both at some point. You could mold a mask piece that the head goes on top of like a bow tie that also fits various hair molds.

I’d say that would be unlikely due to the varying nuances of hair piece shapes. Unless they push KF as the next Batman or Superman, it’s unlikely that he would get three different suits that close together. We’ve only recently had a third variation of comic Flash. I would say a generic KF would be most likely.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:23 AM, K_Tiger said:

Found this list on the Chan, with no sources provided. Only posting it for the sake of discussion:

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Guy Gardener, Wally West, Aquaman, Green Arrow, The Atom, Zatanna, Joker, Lex Luthor, Ares, Harley Quinn, Atrocitus, Mirror Master, King Shark, Merlyn, Deathstroke, Bizarro

Like many I'd be disappointed in much of this list. Far too many figures that I already have. Severally I just have way too many off.

Edit: Any character who has had a series and no prior figure, should really be given priority here. I'd be interested in taking a look at a list of remaining characters without minifigs (maybe ordered by popularity). Personally I really need Dr. Fate, Deadman and the original Firestorm. I think the Samurai is the lone missing Super Friends character, and Saturn Girl from Legion, so would love to complete those collections as well.

Edited by Gomek

I'm looking forward to the DC CMF series, but there's quite a dilemma they have to get around and I'm excited to see how they deal with it :classic: The dilemma I'm referring to is the balance between iconic and obscure characters: they have to include iconic characters since that's one of the cornerstones of all CMF series, licensed or not, and they need that iconicity to appeal to regular customers. On the other hand, they also have to include obscure, never-seen-before stuff in order to appeal to collectors and to satisfy the other cornerstone of the CMF,  providing minifigs and minifig accessories you couldn't get elsewhere.

Striking that balance will be harder for this CMF series than any other licensed series before since it's a lot later in the game than usual. We've had 8 years full of sets with a huge variety of characters and several versions of the same characters, so providing a proper mix of new iconic variants and obscure stuff will be quite the challenge. The Simpsons and Disney CMF series didn't have to deal with that since there were no such themes before those series and each of those four was "only" accompanied by a large D2C set. The series based on the LEGO film franchise were released alongside their respective sets and featured their own versions of famous characters, so they dodged that bullet there :snicker:

Just an example: Batsy and Supes have to be included for iconicity's sake, but they also need to be new and special in a way. How do you accomplish that? :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just an example: Batsy and Supes have to be included for iconicity's sake, but they also need to be new and special in a way. How do you accomplish that? :shrug_oh_well:

I actually think that these are the easiest characters to make variation wise. Batman has so many variants to choose from that he could easily fill up an entire CMF by himself. And Superman also has some nice suits, they could make his Rebirth suit, New 52 suit (which Lego strangely never made) Kingdom Come suit etc. 

Anyone gave any thought to the notion that we might be getting the Crime Syndicate? Personally I can see it happening with the DC Super Villains game making them the big bad and I can't see them ever getting made by Lego otherwise.

22 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Anyone gave any thought to the notion that we might be getting the Crime Syndicate? Personally I can see it happening with the DC Super Villains game making them the big bad and I can't see them ever getting made by Lego otherwise.

I'm really hoping this happens, even though I don't think DC Supervillains' story was one of TT Games' best works I still really enjoyed the Crime Syndicate. It was actually when their villain role was replaced by Darkseid and his goons where the story went downhill for me, so safe to say I'd really like to get those figures

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Going back to an earlier part of the thread, Imaginext revealed their Anniversary exclusive Batman figures, which span his history and are easy for Lego to replicate to an extent.

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Anyone gave any thought to the notion that we might be getting the Crime Syndicate?

I’m really hoping that my comic collection ties up with my Lego collection. Obviously getting my hands on Golden Age comics is a pipe dream but I am amassing first appearances of Silver and Bronze Age villains, these guys included. If I close my eyes and think really hard, I’m sure the Lego design team will sense my requests :laugh:

22 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Obviously getting my hands on Golden Age comics is a pipe dream but I am amassing first appearances of Silver and Bronze Age villains, these guys included. If I close my eyes and think really hard, I’m sure the Lego design team will sense my requests :laugh:

Getting some golden age minifigures should not be a pipe dream and are over due IMHO. Unfortunately I stopped collecting comics well before the New 52 so that does nothing for me on the other hand.

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

And Superman also has some nice suits, they could make his Rebirth suit, New 52 suit (which Lego strangely never made) Kingdom Come suit etc.

When I say I don't need another version of the regular characters, a Kingdom Come version is the exception.

A while back someone floated a rumor that the SDCC exclusives might be Kingdom Come variants. I didn't think it was possible to hate SDCC exclusives and more than I do, but that certainly would have added some fuel to my disgust.

Obscure characters will only appeal to a fraction of the market so a few characters should suffice. If we want a second series, we better hope they isn’t in balance otherwise it will ruin the sales.

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Obscure characters will only appeal to a fraction of the market so a few characters should suffice. If we want a second series, we better hope they isn’t in balance otherwise it will ruin the sales.

Considering how many obscure characters the lego Batman movie series featured, I believe and hope that Lego will make them again

7 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Considering how many obscure characters the lego Batman movie series featured, I believe and hope that Lego will make them again

But that’s exactly why the series didn’t sell well and if we want more in the future, Lego will have to spread them out.

4 minutes ago, JadedSpade_ said:

I think Aquaman and Black Manta would be likely ..  

While I do think Aquaman will show up, Black Manta doesn't really have many variations that could be made. His 2015 figure is pretty much a perfect version of his comic suit. 

Am I the only one that's really just hoping for Young Justice figures? There's so many of them that just can't be made custom because of character-specific bits. The majority of the team just isn't doable in purist form right now and from what I can tell YJ is one of the most popular DC television properties right now.