Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

The BvS armoured Batsuit works well in the company of comics ones, even without the armour piece. @LegoFjotten you forgot/omitted this one, I know it’s not one of her most iconic but it still exists 

close_grey.png

sh392.original.png

I really liked this costume choice for a WW minifig  because I don’t ever recall seeing it done as an action figure. There’s a uniqueness to it. That said for the first wave of DC minifigs I’d prefer some more common or traditional looks

6 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I have a sneaky suspicion we may see Hush in minifig form within the next year. The reason for the hunch is I bought one of the Lego DC books (DC Super Heroes Visual Dictionary) for the exclusive minifigure (Yellow Lantern BM), and noticed on page 119 (chapter 4: behind the scenes) that we now have almost every single non-BM minifig on the page since the Commissioner Gordon was just released in the current BM 80th anniversary wave. Hush is the last designed minifig to not make it into a set of some sorts.

Really disappointed he didn't make the CMF2 series as he is much cooler than most of the random junk we got.

Actually we don’t have Mad Hatter either.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Who would also be a great choice for a spot in the CMF series IMO. He's the last in the main lineup of villains from the original Lego Batman videogame (he was part of Joker's group) to STILL not be given an actual minifigure to this day. Hell, he was one of the few more notable Batman enemies to be excluded entirely from both the actual The Lego Batman Movie, the numerous sets AND the 2 CMF series. 

Unless Lego is willing to make some sort of Alice in Wonderland inspired set with him and Batman in it, or have him be paired with another villain in a set (which seems unlikely to me judging by how they've ignored him since 2006) then there's no better place for him to be than in the CMF's. I wouldn't even mind if Lego just made the version from the first game in minifigure form, since they TT Games continued to use that same design all the way up till Lego Batman 3.

And while we're at it, give the Ventriloquist a spot in there as well. I doubt he'll show up in an set anytime soon and that way, we can finally get a completely new Scarface piece for him to hold.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

My version of the book doesn't have Mad Hatter, but he would be cool. I had a good look again, and we now definitely have 9/10 minifigs, the last one missing being hush. I think that is the great thing about the rumoured CMF series, chances are that we may actually get some decent figures to plug holes in our collections.

Ironically, off-topic, but still somewhat pertinent; "We have a lot of dialogue with DC to make the minifigure look as close to what we want!"

46 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I think I'd prefer the comics version as seen in Lego DC Supervillains. Much more intimidating, for one thing

50 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I think that figure wouldn't be too hard to make yourself, just use Remus Lupin's head and you're pretty much golden (same actor)

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

I doubt well get any DCEU characters in the DC CMF as not only would that probably be listed as a different name, but they'd need to go through and license the cinematic versions of the characters. Same thing with them having to get the license from the CW shows. I expect this to be DC's run with fully comic-based characters as usual. Maybe if this sells well they'll make a proper series based off their other properties, but I doubt they'd do that for the first run.

2 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I doubt well get any DCEU characters in the DC CMF as not only would that probably be listed as a different name, but they'd need to go through and license the cinematic versions of the characters. Same thing with them having to get the license from the CW shows. I expect this to be DC's run with fully comic-based characters as usual. Maybe if this sells well they'll make a proper series based off their other properties, but I doubt they'd do that for the first run.

I think the biggest problem here lies with lego not wanting to do both comic and movie versions in the same series. The movie rights belong to Warner Brothers, and we already know lego has a very good relation with them

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

I think I'd prefer the comics version as seen in Lego DC Supervillains. Much more intimidating, for one thing

True, but I like this one as well

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think that figure wouldn't be too hard to make yourself, just use Remus Lupin's head and you're pretty much golden (same actor)

Yeah you could, just the helmet is a bit tricky

27 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Hope they make another one 

I hate Hush so much that I desperately want him to be made in minifig form just so the "we need a Hush minifig" comments that keep cropping up will finally stop.

3 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I hate Hush so much that I desperately want him to be made in minifig form just so the "we need a Hush minifig" comments that keep cropping up will finally stop.

I'll admit that his introductory story is a confusing mess composed of beautiful art and "scenes," like the Superman fight, which has no business actually being in the book while Tommy himself is completely superfluous. However, Dini's work with him in Heart of Hush made a good effort in making the character more than just a gimmick. I get why people want him however, as one of the two Batman villains from the original Lego game that haven't made the transfer to physical fig, there's definitely a element of nostalgia involved. 

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

there's definitely a element of nostalgia involved. 

Thats why I think people don't care for a lot of the newer DC sets, because the 2006-2008 Batman sets (not to mention the Videogame) are just so simple and pure while the sets in recent years seem to be following some sort of pattern of redesigned vehicles and useless mechs.

Atleast the minifigs have greatly improved.

Tbh there are a number of other characters I'd rather see than Hush, and I typically prefer those that have been around for longer. I'd much rather see the likes of any of the Alice in Wonderland related characters, Solomon Grundy (would prefer him in a big fig), Count Vertigo, Dark Archer, Owlman, Victor Zsaz and Black Mask - hoping we get him as part of a new BoP related set, similar to what we got with the Sewer Smash set.

I know Count Vertigo and Dark Archer are primarily Green Arrow enemies, but they have gone up against BM in the comics before.

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

Thats why I think people don't care for a lot of the newer DC sets, because the 2006-2008 Batman sets (not to mention the Videogame) are just so simple and pure while the sets in recent years seem to be following some sort of pattern of redesigned vehicles and useless mechs.

Atleast the minifigs have greatly improved.

I think the main issue is that the 2015 sets were so good comparatively to everything that followed so everything beyond that had been rather disappointing considering how many new characters and fairly good sets designs 2015 delivered.

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'll admit that his introductory story is a confusing mess composed of beautiful art and "scenes," like the Superman fight, which has no business actually being in the book while Tommy himself is completely superfluous. However, Dini's work with him in Heart of Hush made a good effort in making the character more than just a gimmick. I get why people want him however, as one of the two Batman villains from the original Lego game that haven't made the transfer to physical fig, there's definitely a element of nostalgia involved. 

Yeti was in the original Lego Batman game and hasn’t surfaced.

Personally I actually hope we don’t see any movie/TV adaptions because I’m not a fandom the designs (well I am but not in comparison with the comic variations).

14 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Who would also be a great choice for a spot in the CMF series IMO. He's the last in the main lineup of villains from the original Lego Batman videogame (he was part of Joker's group) to STILL not be given an actual minifigure to this day. Hell, he was one of the few more notable Batman enemies to be excluded entirely from both the actual The Lego Batman Movie, the numerous sets AND the 2 CMF series. 

Unless Lego is willing to make some sort of Alice in Wonderland inspired set with him and Batman in it, or have him be paired with another villain in a set (which seems unlikely to me judging by how they've ignored him since 2006) then there's no better place for him to be than in the CMF's. I wouldn't even mind if Lego just made the version from the first game in minifigure form, since they TT Games continued to use that same design all the way up till Lego Batman 3.

And while we're at it, give the Ventriloquist a spot in there as well. I doubt he'll show up in an set anytime soon and that way, we can finally get a completely new Scarface piece for him to hold.

Meh, the aesthetics of his costume alone don’t interest me.

8 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

I think the main issue is that the 2015 sets were so good comparatively to everything that followed so everything beyond that had been rather disappointing considering how many new characters and fairly good sets designs 2015 delivered.

Oh yeah, for marvel and DC alike. We got loads of unique sets such as

Ras al Ghul temple 

a giant ant

the justice league plane (I forget it's name)

avengers tower (yes, it sucked, but was still unique)

A red (skull) submarine 

yes, we also got amazing minifigures like

hyperion

cap marvel

antman

yellowjacket

vision 

ultron

green lanthern 

green arrow

cyborg

martian 

sinestro

black mant

cap cold 

brainiac

space batman

hawk an

Edited by DeCommander96

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Oh yeah, for marvel and DC alike. We got loads of unique sets such as

Ras al Ghul temple 

a giant ant

the justice league plane (I forget it's name)

avengers tower (yes, it sucked, but was still unique)

A red (skull) submarine 

I absolutely loved the Javelin. I simply want LEGO to exercise more significant Vehicles, but more so locations like the JL Watchtower in more sets. I'm sick of these original, uninteresting helicopters and cars.

14 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

I absolutely loved the Javelin. I simply want LEGO to exercise more significant Vehicles, but more so locations like the JL Watchtower in more sets. I'm sick of these original, uninteresting helicopters and cars.

Javelin! That's the one! Don't know, don't own the set. Yeah significant vehicles would be great, just as long as they don't continue to re use them like the batmobile. I also want locations, like Asgard or Fortress of Solitude. And I don't want them to be reused either like the batcave. If they gave us one complete batcave and no more I'd be fine. Just no more little sections of it.  Don't forget the uninteresting mechs! Like, since when did spider man or thanos need a mech? Lol

And also Ras' temple isn't significant but it's still great as a set with great new minifigures. (Aside from sand batman)

Edited by DeCommander96
Grammar mistake

5 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Javelin! That's the one! Don't know, don't own the set. Yeah significant vehicles would be great, just as long as they don't continue to re use them like the batmobile. I also want locations, like Asgard or Fortress of Solitude. And I don't want them to be reused either like the batcave. If they gave us one complete batcave and no more I'd be fine. Just no more little sections of it.  Don't forget the uninteresting mechs! Like, since when did spider man or thanos need a mech? Lol

And also Ras' temple isn't significant but it's still great as a set with great new minifigures. (Aside from sand batman)

Absolutely. The Batcaves just keep getting worse and worse, and I'm sick of the sections. If your going to give us a batcave, make it resemble an actual cave. I have literally zero interest in mechs. Significant comic locations usually produce the best sets. A fortress of solitude or Hall of Justice would be incredible.

Just now, RadioYeh said:

Absolutely. The Batcaves just keep getting worse and worse, and I'm sick of the sections. If your going to give us a batcave, make it resemble an actual cave. I have literally zero interest in mechs. Significant comic locations usually produce the best sets. A fortress of solitude or Hall of Justice would be incredible.

I'd really like to see a branching out in locations, there's so much untapped potential in that area. Just off the top of my head alongside the 2 that you mentioned could be Star Labs, Titans Tower, The Watchtower, Apokolips or my personal dream set due to my love of Justice League Dark stuff, The Tower of Fate.

Even if we gotta have a Batman related set there's still plenty of stuff to work with, Wayne Tower, ACE Chemicals (Even if it got a small "appearance" in TLBM sets), the GCPD, The Iceberg Lounge. Hell, make a generic warehouse in the style of the Marvel Spider-Man playsets and say its owned by Black Mask, ARGUS or someone, it'd still be more interesting than another Batcave, or even another Arkham.

12 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

Judging by your profile picture, I assume you own the oldest batcave from 2006. I will also assume you have the latest. Now, if you compare the two, I believe the piece count is lower on the new one and I believe it is a higher price. I'm not sure of the price for the 2006 one. Neither are a whole batcave and respectably I dislike both. I did see someone combine all 4 batcaves and make a fuller, cooler, something-i-would-buy-and-kill-my-savings-for typa batcave. He had to throw in extra pieces to make it look like a cave as well :laugh_hard:. Yes, comic locations do tend to sell more I think. Just look at the Hall of Armour set! I have a friend who doesn't even collect Lego but he bought two of them lol

9 minutes ago, AManofNoConsequence said:

I'd really like to see a branching out in locations, there's so much untapped potential in that area. Just off the top of my head alongside the 2 that you mentioned could be Star Labs, Titans Tower, The Watchtower, Apokolips or my personal dream set due to my love of Justice League Dark stuff, The Tower of Fate.

Even if we gotta have a Batman related set there's still plenty of stuff to work with, Wayne Tower, ACE Chemicals (Even if it got a small "appearance" in TLBM sets), the GCPD, The Iceberg Lounge. Hell, make a generic warehouse in the style of the Marvel Spider-Man playsets and say its owned by Black Mask, ARGUS or someone, it'd still be more interesting than another Batcave, or even another Arkham.

Yeah, batman has thousands of locations besides ark ham and the cave.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Yeti was in the original Lego Batman game and hasn’t surfaced.

Personally I actually hope we don’t see any movie/TV adaptions because I’m not a fandom the designs (well I am but not in comparison with the comic variations).

Meh, the aesthetics of his costume alone don’t interest me.

Yeti isn't an actual Batman villain (though the character might be based on The Snowman) so I don't count him

I agree with comic locations selling well. The only sets I have ever bought than one of are the hall of armour and the Sanctum Santorum sets. I do own multiple Batcaves, but never bought more than one of each. Typically with the vehicle sets I just buy the minifigs off BL. I do buy significant vehicles and the occasional mech, but for the most part give them a miss. I would happily spend a decent amount of money on a decent location set (especially if a decent Ace Chemical location set appeared), but far less willing to do so for vehicle sets.