Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

16 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The grass is always greener it seems. DC seems to be getting a cmf series and a d2c but dc fans complain that they might not be getting as many sets as marvel even though marvel isn’t getting a d2c in November or a minifigure series. People seem to focus on what they are not getting rather then what they are 

Man, I'll be grateful for what we get, and hope for the best.  If they had been releasing Batman LEGO when I was a kid, my head would have melted.  Things like the classic Batcave?  Forget about it!  I still can't believe I'm getting LEGO Batman, LEGO Indiana Jones.....

The themes are obviously going to be unequal next year. Marvel has more projects than DC and seems to be getting more normal sets. However, DC is getting another D2C set and a minifigure series, both of which are almost always much higher quality than the regular Super Heroes sets. And on the topic of movie sets for DC, I’d expect sets with comic versions of the BoP characters to loosely tie into the movie (like they did for Suicide Squad), and I’m personally expecting at least 2 if not 3 sets for Wonder Woman 1984 given how popular her first movie was and how popular she is as a character. 

I'm excited regardless of releases for everything DC. I'm honestly glad Lego is just making DC sets STILL. Since I was a kid, I really wanted Batman/Spider-Man sets. I didn't get a lot of the 2006-8 collection (I did get the game(s)) so I've been collecting since 2012 (including LBM obviously). More or less, I can't wait to see what Lego will do for the end of the year/spring 2020. As far as next years line-up of movies goes, I would expect 1 (maybe 2 but it's a bit of a stretch) Wonder Woman, Flash and Cyborg set. Lego might make a set for Birds of Prey but it seems like a stretch given the films supposed R rating. I WOULD expect comic book themed sets with the characters from Birds of Prey (hopefully) like Suicide Squad. Please be patient and wait. It's fun to speculate and think of what could be but until any reveals, relax and ride it out.

11 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Sure we are getting those things but in the end it really depends on the quality of what we do get, so all people are really saying is that these few things we do get better be so great that it was worth not having many real sets.

exactly. however they should blow me out of the water with whatever they are doing. im talking doctor fate, zatanna, new green lanterns and colors. 

I just want the Hush Batsuit (since its the current suit) and a new Superman design in the CMF and I'll be happy

But has anyone considered an all bad guy CMF since it is the "Year of the Villain"

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

But has anyone considered an all bad guy CMF since it is the "Year of the Villain"

Not just one. I could spin out the CMF for a good few years with heroes, villains, first generation iterations, second generation iterations, eras, worlds, teams, events, or until I become bankrupt, whichever comes first.

56 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Not just one. I could spin out the CMF for a good few years with heroes, villains, first generation iterations, second generation iterations, eras, worlds, teams, events, or until I become bankrupt, whichever comes first.

imagine that, a DC collectable series on a yearly basis, that would be special!

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

imagine that, a DC collectable series on a yearly basis, that would be special!

Yeah it could make up for the lack of interesting characters in sets

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah it could make up for the lack of interesting characters in sets

its not that bad!

its just that Batman's world sells!

8 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

its not that bad!

Yeah but we could get a bit less batman if I'm honest

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

its not that bad!

43 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Remember who the sets are made for.

Sure Batman sells, but kids don’t really know any of his villains other than maybe the main few, but that shouldn’t stop LEGO from using other characters with Batman, like for example Batman and Flash vs Mr Freeze and Killer Frost. Batman and Wonder Woman vs Bane and Giganta. Batman and Justice League Dark! So many team ups they could do with both a Batman villain and another character and a similar villain. They really dropped the ball using poison ivy instead of heatwave in that set with Batman, flash and firefly. And yeah the smaller sets could only be Batman and one villain but the larger ones could definitely do more to promote Batman and other DC characters.

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah but we could get a bit less batman if I'm honest

There’s scope for about 200 Batsuits, not all of which could be minifigure only. Not many characters get that level of variety. It would be overkill, but damned impressive. Alright not all are worn by Bruce, but they still count.

56 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

There’s scope for about 200 Batsuits, not all of which could be minifigure only. Not many characters get that level of variety. It would be overkill, but damned impressive. Alright not all are worn by Bruce, but they still count.

We don't really need all of them, just a select few like batman beyond, hush bat suit, bale batsuit (black this time and not in an sdcc set) and the krytonite suit

4 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

We don't really need all of them, just a select few like batman beyond, hush bat suit, bale batsuit (black this time and not in an sdcc set) and the krytonite suit

This is Lego we’re talking about here. Of course we need them :laugh: And DC to boot. I definitely need all of them.

To appeal to the “kids”, LEGO could make Young Justice sets (hint hint Lego) Also the regular Teen Titans wouldn’t be a bad idea. It would tie in to the Batman theme while giving us many more interesting DC characters! Heck, they could even throw in a Batman Minifigure in each set if they wanted to. I (I mean my kids) wouldn’t mind.  Just saying...

2 hours ago, BitByBrick said:

To appeal to the “kids”, LEGO could make Young Justice sets (hint hint Lego) Also the regular Teen Titans wouldn’t be a bad idea. It would tie in to the Batman theme while giving us many more interesting DC characters! Heck, they could even throw in a Batman Minifigure in each set if they wanted to. I (I mean my kids) wouldn’t mind.  Just saying...

Apparently there was something in the most recent episode that was most definitely not for kids :oh3:

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Apparently there was something in the most recent episode that was most definitely not for kids :oh3:

Damn, forget the 'young' in young justice

Yeah I'm kinda growing tired of Batman (in lego, not the character overall). I really wish they would give us a few sets every year focused on some other characters like Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Arrow or Super-Man (I know most of these are pretty common in DC sets but we need sets actually centered around these characters). 

There are pretty much no limitations when it comes to DC sets so without staying focused on Batman these are only a few of the things they could do:

- Sets based on large structures/buildings like the Daily Planet (they already did Marvel's Daily Bugle so why not?), S.T.A.R. Labs, Hall of Justice, Teen Titans tower

- Comic-based sets to tie in with some of the shows featuring comic versions of the main characters instead of actual show-versions

- Sets actually based on some of the DC shows

- Sets based on much requested characters like pretty much any Lantern or Doomsday

- Sets based on Batman with actually good builds that aren't always (Bat)vehicles 

The only limit is their imagination

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

This is Lego we’re talking about here. Of course we need them :laugh: And DC to boot. I definitely need all of them.

need them too! Do you have a link to where all the 200 bat suits are listed, I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive list anywhere! 

18 minutes ago, J4ck said:

need them too! Do you have a link to where all the 200 bat suits are listed, I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive list anywhere! 

Search batsuit variations and you'll get loads of images

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Someone asked on Quora and the top answer gives about 150. The others I’m including non-comic iterations ie Lego and movie versions. If there isn’t a bonafide list I may have to create one.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are pretty much no limitations when it comes to DC sets so without staying focused on Batman these are only a few of the things they could do:

- Sets based on large structures/buildings like the Daily Planet (they already did Marvel's Daily Bugle so why not?), S.T.A.R. Labs, Hall of Justice, Teen Titans tower

Like LEGO did with the first Jurassic Park control room set...  Lego could make an inside of S.T.A.R. Labs scene with the entire gang from the tv show. Now THAT would be awesome. Instead of another police station, any DC location (outside of the many LEGO Batcaves) would give kids more playability. Alas, this is again something Lego would likely not do. Just the “vibe” I’m getting. 

Edited by BitByBrick

On 7/26/2019 at 4:21 PM, Duncan Young said:

I don't think these characters are as obscure as you think

Like, Inside Out Man, Signal Man, Lightning Bug etc are obscure or "rare" as you put it

But Zatanna, Doctor Fate, Flash's Rogues Gallery, Merlyn and so on aren't obscure. They might not be in live action movies (which is why most people are so familiar with Batman, Superman, Penguin, Joker and Ivy in the first place) but that doesn't make them obscure. They're big comics characters and have appeared in several pieces of DC media, from the Arrow and Flash shows to animated shows Young Justice to Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and Justice League Action, and the animated films.

What makes a character obscure to you? Because it can't just come down to what movies they're in. I mean, Shang Chi is getting his own Marvel movie! Most of the demand for Hush comes from his appearance in the Lego Games, one of his only media appearances until the animated film 

Hmmm

For me obscure characters are those who dont appear regularly on mainstream media, like movies, videogames, TV shows (either animated or not)... if they are character that only appear in comic books, and are not well-known out of them... I would say they are obscure. Mostly because they were not popular enough to make into mainstream media. 

I know a little bit -just a little- of DC lore and I dont know most of the characters people are wish-listing here. 

And Im an avid CMF collector but if the series is filled with these obscure characters I dont think I will buy any. And just like me, there will be people who regularly buy CMFs that wont get these simply because we dont know who they are. Also, I already have a Poison Ivy and a Joker minifigures. Even if they are well known characters I wont buy them again because I just dont see the point of getting several versions of the same thing. Or just the same version just with more printing and details. 

On the opposite, DC and superheroes fans overall, who dont regularly buy CMFs, will get these for sure. 

The second group needs to be larger than the first one for this series to sell well.

That's why I wouldnt expect a lot of these obscure characters people are listing. This has to appeal as much people as possible. 

And thats where the tricky part comes considering Batman S1 sold well but S2 did very bad.....

In TLMB series they did include Mime, Zodiac Master and Calculator because they made cameos in the movie. Just like Watermelon Guy or Hula Lula made into the TLM2 series even if they had like 0.1 seconds of screentime.