Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

16 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

So is thanos but we're getting him as a mini fig, if you check the marvel thread. 

We only have his head at the moment. It could be a bigfig with a normal head like some of the Ninjago ones, or something completely different like Might Micros.

8 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

At least this minifigure news has distracted us from the lack of D2C release...

True. Nice to have hopeful discussion on this thread once again. 

My daughter would absolutely flip if we got any Young Justice minifigs (Kid Flash, Artemis, etc) 

2 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

We only have his head at the moment. It could be a bigfig with a normal head like some of the Ninjago ones, or something completely different like Might Micros.

True

I don’t see why some people are this is a bad idea. (Yes the Lego Batman movie CMF if horrible). But this might be the best chance Lego has at reviving the dc lineup. Just think about we could all the characters we ever wanted especially if Lego does well with them and has great design. This could be huge. Characters like atrocious, doctor fate, zatanna, more green lanterns, the list continues. Like seriously how likely is it that Lego releases a set with atrocious riding a giant Red Bull while fighting green lantern (guy), not very likely. And Lego can give their full attention to Lego Batman appealing to kids while, people like us can collect minifigures we always wanted. This is great!!!!

I'll gladly take a DC CMF series if that rumour turns out to be true, as long as it is not another Batman Movie series. I would be more excited about a Harry Potter Series 2 though, but DC is still better (for me) than a regular CMF series. I do hope there is a wide range of new figures, and not a lot of Batman variants and the usual figs.

49 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I don’t see why some people are this is a bad idea. (Yes the Lego Batman movie CMF if horrible). But this might be the best chance Lego has at reviving the dc lineup. Just think about we could all the characters we ever wanted especially if Lego does well with them and has great design. This could be huge. Characters like atrocious, doctor fate, zatanna, more green lanterns, the list continues. Like seriously how likely is it that Lego releases a set with atrocious riding a giant Red Bull while fighting green lantern (guy), not very likely. And Lego can give their full attention to Lego Batman appealing to kids while, people like us can collect minifigures we always wanted. This is great!!!!

Most of the people dont even know who those characters are. 

I dont know who those characters are.

They cant make a wave of obscure characters because general public wont know who they are  

Lets face it . A DC series would be Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc and iconic villains like Cheetah, Joker, Catwoman, etc

The series has to appeal to the main public, not just DC fans or otherwise will fail like Batman Series 2

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

They cant make a wave of obscure characters because general public wont know who they are  

Lets face it . A DC series would be Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc and iconic villains like Cheetah, Joker, Catwoman, etc

The series has to appeal to the main public, not just DC fans or otherwise will fail like Batman Series 2

I mean a group of bright colourful characters isn't all that bad. Sure kids won't care who they are, but they will see bright and cool characters and want those, far more than ordinary woman with bike or something similar.

Of course, you're also not a DC fan. Most of the characters included will be those who made appearances in the last couple of Lego games, Lego Direct-To-DVD films etc (including Fate and Zatanna for instance)

6 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I mean a group of bright colourful characters isn't all that bad. Sure kids won't care who they are, but they will see bright and cool characters and want those, far more than ordinary woman with bike or something similar.

Of course, you're also not a DC fan. Most of the characters included will be those who made appearances in the last couple of Lego games, Lego Direct-To-DVD films etc (including Fate and Zatanna for instance)

Bright colourful characters like killer moth? ??

It just struck me that this may be the answer to the question why did Lego go back to Batman for the sets. He has the gadgets, and very few other heroes are as reliant on them as he is. Villains on the other hand have always been depicted with a vehicle, massive weapon or other means of killing (enter heroes name here)/retrieving the loot/taking over the world. I know that the demand for Lantern sets is fairly high but they still haven’t been given the spotlight outside of one set, an adventure book and a polybag. Saves the pointless crowbarring. Of course they could fill it up with Elseworlds variants and I would be very wrong. Either way I’m happy. Now to work on my wish list.

55 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

You don’t know because your not a mega dc fan like most of us in here are. You say Lego dose not do These characters because we don’t know who they are but didn’t we just get a whole movie, of Jessica Cruz and atrocious. That was a great way to bring the red lanterns into play. This cmf series could be the way us Lego dc super nerds. Get the mini figure we wanted. Sure they may not be that know but like how. Duncan said they kids will see new characters to research and bright colors. This could a money maker for Lego and for the dc universe as a whole. Most people but the sets for the mining’s (that’s what I do personally). And yes the demand for GL based characters are very highly and I know because a few years ago I was begging for them. But now I might actually have a chance of getting other colored lantern rings

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

You don’t know because your not a mega dc fan like most of us in here are. You say Lego dose not do These characters because we don’t know who they are but didn’t we just get a whole movie, of Jessica Cruz and atrocious. That was a great way to bring the red lanterns into play. This cmf series could be the way us Lego dc super nerds. Get the mini figure we wanted. Sure they may not be that know but like how. Duncan said they kids will see new characters to research and bright colors. This could a money maker for Lego and for the dc universe as a whole. Most people but the sets for the mining’s (that’s what I do personally). And yes the demand for GL based characters are very highly and I know because a few years ago I was begging for them. But now I might actually have a chance of getting other colored lantern rings

I hope not, but Lego would probably do

yellow lantern batman

blue lantern batman

green lantern batman 

etc etc

I know most are against anymore Batman related figs but I would be overjoyed with a Hush batsuit and Hush himself. 

Also, I have a feeling we might see Mr. Miracle with the suit in the DC Supervillains game. I can't see how they could design that great of a figure and never actually produce it.

2 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

I know most are against anymore Batman related figs but I would be overjoyed with a Hush batsuit and Hush himself. 

Also, I have a feeling we might see Mr. Miracle with the suit in the DC Supervillains game. I can't see how they could design that great of a figure and never actually produce it.

I'm not against batman and yeah there are some great bat suits. However I'm tired of recieving the same ones again and again or stupid variants. Like,who on gods earth asked for Fairy Batman?

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So the series would just include the characters used in the sets? It's not like the characters @JosiahJVL mentioned are as obscure as the characters used from the LEGO Batman movie. I, as a DC fan, had no idea who Tarantula, Zebra Man, Zodiac Master, Doctor Phosphorus, Kabuki Twins, March Harriet, Mime and Orca are, yet now I have half of them as figures. 

You could argue that the public would've never heard of characters who have been in sets either; Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Killer Frost, Cheetah, Killer Moth. But LEGO can't just recycle the 10 most famous Batman villains over and over again, they'd need to mix it up, otherwise people would stop buying the sets because "I already have a Riddler, so why would I need another one?"

LEGO-justice-league-dc-super-heroes-2015Alright. Zatanna is like top 20 most famous DC heroes, both her and Doctor Fate were in the LEGO Flash movie. Atrocitus was a main villain in the LEGO Aquaman movie. LEGO DC uses the movies and video games to open up their audience to new characters. The sets, movies and video games all help market each other so that they can expand their character use beyond the mainstream ones so that they can give the consumers new and unique products that are worth buying. Sure they haven’t really been too successful recently and do tend to reuse villains and focus mainly on characters like batman so when you see batman you know okay this goes with the other sets I bought. It’s not like they’re using super off main characters like ambush bug and his evil sock villain. The farthest we’ve strayed from mainstream was the LBM CMF but that said, Lego hasn’t even given us that many of the borderline mainstream characters yet, and even some of the purely mainstream ones. There are so many iconic Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern villains we still haven’t seen in physical form. We aren’t even close to running out of characters to use that the majority of people buying/building the sets know about. Heck, if you buy and build these sets every year and haven’t started reading some comics of some sort then these sets aren’t really targeted towards you. You buy the sets because you know the characters and you know the characters because you read the comics, or like me you read the comics because you’ve been introduced to the characters from LEGO.

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So the series would just include the characters used in the sets? It's not like the characters @JosiahJVL mentioned are as obscure as the characters used from the LEGO Batman movie. I, as a DC fan, had no idea who Tarantula, Zebra Man, Zodiac Master, Doctor Phosphorus, Kabuki Twins, March Harriet, Mime and Orca are, yet now I have half of them as figures. 

You could argue that the public would've never heard of characters who have been in sets either; Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Killer Frost, Cheetah, Killer Moth. But LEGO can't just recycle the 10 most famous Batman villains over and over again, they'd need to mix it up, otherwise people would stop buying the sets because "I already have a Riddler, so why would I need another one?"

Don't forget condiment king! And Kite Man!

Edited by DeCommander96

9 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I hope not, but Lego would probably do

yellow lantern batman

blue lantern batman

green lantern batman 

etc etc

Yellow Lantern Batman has already been done. But I would LOVE a Green Lantern Batman to be in the series!

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

I'm not against batman and yeah there are some great bat suits. However I'm tired of recieving the same ones again and again or stupid variants. Like,who on gods earth asked for Fairy Batman?

That was from the LEGO Movie, it's not meant to be serious, it's meant to be ridiculous. Nobody really asked for any of the Batman's we got in that series, but we got them

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Don't forget condiment king! And Kite Man!

No I knew about them. I take pride in knowing THE most ridiculous villains

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Yellow Lantern Batman has already been done. But I would LOVE a Green Lantern Batman to be in the series!

That was from the LEGO Movie, it's not meant to be serious, it's meant to be ridiculous. Nobody really asked for any of the Batman's we got in that series, but we got them

When was yellow lantern batman done? Was it an sdcc figure or something?

my bad I haven't seen the Lego movie

11 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Still, I'm looking cautiously looking forward to this, 'cause we all know LEGO could have decided to go for the money-maker and practically just make this a third  TLBM wave.

Regards, Mitch

TLBM CMFs werent moneymakers, especially Series 2 was one of the best shelfwarmers of the year

10 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah. Who at Lego when they were thinking up this series brought up a crazy Alfred in a white and gold suit with sunglasses?

They did some of the endcredit costumes in the D2C but not all, so finishing up the main ones through the CMF was actually pretty smart

8 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

I would say the worth of this set really depends on what they do with it. In all hope, this set has immense potential to be the greatest things to happen to the DC line since the 2015 sets. Seeing as we haven’t gotten a ton of new characters at the same time, this opens room to get 16-20 completely new characters (minus the few we know will be characters we already have probably with minor changes in costume and face as well as unique accessories). I feel like there are a few routes they could go, doing solely superheroes, villains, or even having some regular person outfit variants of characters (gotta say while having Diana Prince, Clark Kent, Barry Allen, etc. out of costume is appealing I’d definitely rather have new supers and villains. I doubt they would focus only on young justice members, main JL heroes and I think it would be a mistake to get remakes of any villains. The LBM sets were good for the villains and new JL members, but this line has so much potential AND it has potential to get a second line if it does well enough, so the more of these lines that come out, the mini-figures will likely get better in accordance to what we want. I think Raven, and Saturn girl are two obvious ones that are the only ones missing from Teen Titans and the Legion of Superheroes (that we saw in Cosmic Clash), so it would be a mistake to not use this opportunity (or the new sets) to include them. Other than that I will be happy for any Young Justice or JL Dark member as well as new villains: Bizarro (not Doomsday cuz he deserves a big fig), Larfleeze, Black Adam, Metallo, Hush, Malcolm Merlyn, etc. but most of all GIVE ME EVERY CRIME SYNDICATE MEMBER. Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk.

We've already got Raven

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

No I knew about them. I take pride in knowing THE most ridiculous villains

Reply of the year ??

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

TLBM CMFs werent moneymakers, especially Series 2 was one of the best shelfwarmers of the year

They did some of the endcredit costumes in the D2C but not all, so finishing up the main ones through the CMF was actually pretty smart

We've already got Raven

i need to chase down that raven

I know Zatanna because she was in Batman the Animated Series

But not the rest of those and I know some DC characters because I watch the animated films like the Hush movie or the Jack the Ripper one.

My point was: I dont think you should expect a full wave of super rare characters because the series will have to be as mainstream as possible to appeal to a bigger public

Those rare characters appear on videogames, yes. But on a videogame I cant handpick the characters unlike the CMF bags. 

I think there could be a couple of obscure characters but thats it.

Heck, LEGO doesnt even dare to use them on sets where they can be mixed with well-known characters. I dont think they'll try to sell them alone on a CMF bag.

I would guess special or rare versions of well known characters. Like an Uma Thurman Poison Ivy or Gaslight Batman and stuff like that

I don't care what comes out at this point as long as Lego continues their DC/Marvel lines for several more years (or more). All I wanna see is a Bane or Dark Knight Returns Batman with a upper torso like Nexo Knights' Axl!!! Still excited for the upcoming waves and the collectible minifigures! Lastly everyone please be patient. It's not 2020 and everyone is already panicking over the possible sets as well as sets coming soon this year that haven't been revealed yet. Patience. 

12 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

When was yellow lantern batman done? Was it an sdcc figure or something?

my bad I haven't seen the Lego movie

He was in the last DK book. Pretty nice figure if you ask me.