Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 6/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, tafkatb said:

If it's true that it's based on the 1989 Batman movie, I could see the reveal being around June 23rd, the anniversary of its release, much like how the '66 Batcave was revealed on the 50th anniversary of that show's debut.

A bit off topic, but you just made my day with this comment, apparently my favourite movie of all time came out on my birthday (A fair few years before, but still)! :D

On 6/9/2019 at 5:08 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

I really hope they give us a UCS Batcave in a few years, or at least give us some of the display-pieces in some sets. I really wan't a full sized Joker-card and Penny for a Batcave.

I have been trying and failing to connect 4 of the 2012 Batcaves together for a while now with lots of grey bricks and the large rock pieces, so I concur. The '66 cave was still just a rather over done playset and failed as an actual "cave" imo.

8 hours ago, TheRealDickDastardly said:

A bit off topic, but you just made my day with this comment, apparently my favourite movie of all time came out on my birthday (A fair few years before, but still)! :D

I have been trying and failing to connect 4 of the 2012 Batcaves together for a while now with lots of grey bricks and the large rock pieces, so I concur. The '66 cave was still just a rather over done playset and failed as an actual "cave" imo.

what they need to do with the Batcave, is what there doing with the Harry Potter sets in 18 / 19 and what they did with the LBM Batcave sets in 17 / 18

connect them together over 4 sets and make a nice long megablocks display, with vehicle holders, lower Batcave section, make it vertical and horizontal (Wayne Manor section, bring it out a little Bat-mobile turntable)  

so many wonderful toys!

On 6/12/2019 at 9:12 AM, Duncan Young said:

Lego fans always seem to argue about who's worse done to.

Marvel fans are jealous of the Star Wars builds, Star Wars fans are jealous of Marvel/DC printing and DC is jealous of the variety in Star Wars and Marvel sets. Of course they're all jealous of the Harry Potter line

I’m extremely jealous of Star Wars/ marvel they have way more variety of characters. When we (DC) get the same Batman characters just in a new costume. And dosent that also mean it’s a good time to bring up we STILL haven’t gotten a different version of Superman. 

Just now, JosiahJVL said:

I’m extremely jealous of Star Wars/ marvel they have way more variety of characters. When we (DC) get the same Batman characters just in a new costume. And dosent that also mean it’s a good time to bring up we STILL haven’t gotten a different version of Superman. 

And it’s been what? Like six years?

We have the man of steel Superman, bvs Superman, and the regular Superman, I always get confused with the Batman releases since I’m curious if they go off the comics or cartoons which are hard to keep track off 

10 hours ago, eldiano said:

We have the man of steel Superman, bvs Superman, and the regular Superman, I always get confused with the Batman releases since I’m curious if they go off the comics or cartoons which are hard to keep track off 

Baaaaaasically, Batman has been based off of just about everything. His first suits since the Super Heroes lines were comics-based, and when it's an obvious movie set, the source is clear, but then there will be random versions like the one in Flash's first appearance set, which was based off of Beware the Batman, a very short lived (and highly underrated) CG animated series. Most of the others are comics-based, with some, like the Electric suit, being original to Lego in the first place.

So the new upcoming colors for the sets are from the comics right?? Im so glad i got my superfriends colors along with the all black suit, i’ll take that bruce wayne though

10 hours ago, eldiano said:

So the new upcoming colors for the sets are from the comics right?? Im so glad i got my superfriends colors along with the all black suit, i’ll take that bruce wayne though

Yes. The only character not in an explicitly DC Rebirth-styled costume is Joker, who is in his vest from the DC Super Villains game.

Well, the SDCC exclusive Marvel set has been revealed. Any ideas on how hat DC’s will be? I have a weird feeling it will be either Shazam! related or, my worst fear, Monitor and Anti-Monitor.

6 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Well, the SDCC exclusive Marvel set has been revealed. Any ideas on how hat DC’s will be? I have a weird feeling it will be either Shazam! related or, my worst fear, Monitor and Anti-Monitor.

If it's anything like the Marvel set, it could likely be a Shazam diorama of the Rock of Eternity. No chance it would be Monitor or Anti-Monitor, unless the exclusive is Arrowverse's Monitor.

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

If it's anything like the Marvel set, it could likely be a Shazam diorama of the Rock of Eternity. No chance it would be Monitor or Anti-Monitor, unless the exclusive is Arrowverse's Monitor.

I suggested that since last year’s set was comic-based, Aquaman and Storm.

54 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I have a bad feeling that the set will be Shazam! related...

10 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

I get the same feeling. Both Captain Marvels. Seems like a opportunity they wouldn't pass up.

16 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

If it's anything like the Captain Marvel set, it'll be the new Billy fig with a movie based torso (different enough from the current New 52 one) and a civilian Freddy fig reusing generic parts (like Maria seems to, unless that isn't a Star Wars torso)

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

If it's anything like the Captain Marvel set, it'll be the new Billy fig with a movie based torso (different enough from the current New 52 one) and a civilian Freddy fig reusing generic parts (like Maria seems to, unless that isn't a Star Wars torso)

They are probably including sivana.

58 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

They are probably including sivana.

I feel like he'd need more prints then either Freddy or movie Billy would, for the eye and coat. Seems like they want to limit the amount of unique prints in these sets (just the Captain Marvel fig has a new torso)

50 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I feel like he'd need more prints then either Freddy or movie Billy would, for the eye and coat. Seems like they want to limit the amount of unique prints in these sets (just the Captain Marvel fig has a new torso)

Penguin or DJ's coats would probably fit pretty well.

Isn't it funny how Lego chooses not to really listen to their consumers, and instead chooses these Comic Con exclusives (and lets be honest, just about every Superhero/Star Wars set) based on popularity of certain characters. Thats why the Marvel set includes a new Captain Marvel variant, because they know people will bite and claw at eachother just to get a hold of the minifig, because that was the variant shown most in the movie. I just hope that they don't go down the same road with the DC set, which I have a feeling will be Shazam based. If they include the Shazam variant from the DC Supervillains DLC (aka the Shazam we all wanted) they would be starting chaos among the Lego community.

I could honestly live without Sivanna or Billy Batson, just not that awesome Shazam.

I am absolutely dying to get some info on the D2C Vehicle. I already love the majority of the new wave, and a possible film inspired set would only thrill me further. Waiting out until the US release has been torture.

Edited by RadioYeh

Many seem to conclude that the build is solely inspired from 89, when I personally see the most similarities with the DC Rebirth Batmobile. Which would make sense considering that's where they drew most inspiration for this wave.

batman-1-batmobile.jpg

6 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

Many seem to conclude that the build is solely inspired from 89, when I personally see the most similarities with the DC Rebirth Batmobile. Which would make sense considering that's where they drew most inspiration for this wave.

Pretty sure the Rebirth Batmobile changes in like every other ongoing series. Also, it's pretty obviously also inspired by the Batman '89 car too so I don't think it really matters.

Also, looking at the image in comparison, it looks a lot more like the '89 car rather than the Rebirth car which is a bit more block-y.

10 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Pretty sure the Rebirth Batmobile changes in like every other ongoing series. Also, it's pretty obviously also inspired by the Batman '89 car too so I don't think it really matters.

Of course. I just noticed that the first iteration of the Rebirth Batmobile has gone under the radar.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The set’s designer, Adam Grabowski alias Misterzumbi, has stated himself that this Batmobile is NOT based on the 89 Batmobile but rather a down-sized version of the 2006 UCS set: 

Interesting. Good to get some confirmation. I absolutely adore the 2006 run and couldn't be happier they are returning to aspects of it.

Edited by RadioYeh

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Actually the Rebirth Batmobile is pretty consistens in terms of design in all Rebirth titles much to my disappointment haha as I am a big Batmobile geek and am always hoping for a new interesting version.... only book it was not featured in to date was the recent Detective Comics books, that one had a different batmobile which was pretty basic.