Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 5/29/2019 at 1:34 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, here you go :purrr:

Sweet, thank you so much! I might just have to get this set for the stickers alone, that Joker card and penny piece would fit well with my 2006 Batcave. And adding the Batwing in really makes it look more complete as well.

15 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Have I missed any news on the D2C Batvehicle?

Nothing as yet.

Hopefully soon. 

Got the Batmobile yesterday. Really great build. The only thing I don't like is the stud shooters on the side and glad that they fold down out of the way so they are not so noticeable, may modify them out completely though like I did with the 1960's batmobile.

Found the Mr Freeze, Batmobile, Batcave and Arkham sets in my local, picked up Mr Freeze. I'm really set on getting the Batcave, but don't want to pay £100 for it, so I guess I'll wait for a discount somewhere

57 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Found the Mr Freeze, Batmobile, Batcave and Arkham sets in my local, picked up Mr Freeze. I'm really set on getting the Batcave, but don't want to pay £100 for it, so I guess I'll wait for a discount somewhere

Give it a couple months and they’ll all be 20% off.

my rule for all Lego now is only buy stuff at full price if it really, really excited me in person. This wave didn’t excite me enough until I saw that batmobile on the shelves, I’d happily pay retail for that, but the rest can wait until they’re on sale.

for example, I just got the Talons set from last summer for £10 at Sainsbury’s, along with the Grindlewald’s escape set from Fantastic Beasts. These things will be cheaper eventually

Can someone please explain to me what this trading card game/magazine is? I have seen someone say they got a zatanana and ive seen pixelated doomsday big fig. I believe that since it’s a blurry photo that the figure is actually a future big-fig. But the zatanana I don’t know for sure. So like are the figure that are on the cards now ones we already have gotten? 

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Can someone please explain to me what this trading card game/magazine is? I have seen someone say they got a zatanana and ive seen pixelated doomsday big fig. I believe that since it’s a blurry photo that the figure is actually a future big-fig. But the zatanana I don’t know for sure. So like are the figure that are on the cards now ones we already have gotten? 

No idea what the card game is, but having seen an image of the Doomsday card, it seems as though a lot of characters from the LEGO games have been included, such as the aforementioned Zatanna and Doomsday

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

No idea what the card game is, but having seen an image of the Doomsday card, it seems as though a lot of characters from the LEGO games have been included, such as the aforementioned Zatanna and Doomsday

Could this be a clue? 

10 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Could this be a clue? 

I doubt it's a clue to Zatanna or Doomsday being in upcoming Lego sets, if that's what you mean. Trading card games featuring Lego characters are rarely (if ever) a hint at upcoming sets. For example, Sainsburys in the UK has a Lego collectible card game with all the old minifigures from the previously released Collectible Minifigure series; it doesn't mean that those figures are getting re-made. These sort of card games use official Lego images of characters, either from the real sets, or from the video games (which have lots more characters). They're not based upon concept art of upcoming sets.

I would love to see Zatanna, Doomsday, and many others in sets, but alas, I think we'll be waiting a bit longer.

I'm sitting here wondering when Lego will reveal the D2C Bat vehicle set and possibly more and wondering why they haven't made an advent calendar for DC or Marvel. We're getting one for wizarding world and that theme was started LAST YEAR! C'mon Lego get your head in the game.

12 hours ago, Felkin said:

I doubt it's a clue to Zatanna or Doomsday being in upcoming Lego sets, if that's what you mean. Trading card games featuring Lego characters are rarely (if ever) a hint at upcoming sets. For example, Sainsburys in the UK has a Lego collectible card game with all the old minifigures from the previously released Collectible Minifigure series; it doesn't mean that those figures are getting re-made. These sort of card games use official Lego images of characters, either from the real sets, or from the video games (which have lots more characters). They're not based upon concept art of upcoming sets.

I would love to see Zatanna, Doomsday, and many others in sets, but alas, I think we'll be waiting a bit longer.

I’m going to get so much hate for this. I can’t lie to your brother Lego is being cheap with the dc brand. Yes I get the point of releasing sets under the name of Batman because they would “sell better”. But I also don’t understand what about Superman? So many good characters can come from Superman and maybe sell better than Batman. The lack of dual molded legs on non- movie based sets compared to marvels is unfair. Don’t get me wrong I love marvel but look at dc too. We get no new figures while marvel has tons to go off of. I wonder if Lego is ever actually gonna listen to their community and give us something good.

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

I’m going to get so much hate for this. I can’t lie to your brother Lego is being cheap with the dc brand. Yes I get the point of releasing sets under the name of Batman because they would “sell better”. But I also don’t understand what about Superman? So many good characters can come from Superman and maybe sell better than Batman. The lack of dual molded legs on non- movie based sets compared to marvels is unfair. Don’t get me wrong I love marvel but look at dc too. We get no new figures while marvel has tons to go off of. I wonder if Lego is ever actually gonna listen to their community and give us something good.

First of all, children are the primary market audience so it’s what they want over what we want. Second of all, Marvel films are highly more successful than DC films hence why they get more movie sets. I do admit though me and many others do feel Lego is disconnected from their fans.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:47 PM, PremierComix said:

I'm sitting here wondering when Lego will reveal the D2C Bat vehicle set

If it's true that it's based on the 1989 Batman movie, I could see the reveal being around June 23rd, the anniversary of its release, much like how the '66 Batcave was revealed on the 50th anniversary of that show's debut.

On 6/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, tafkatb said:

If it's true that it's based on the 1989 Batman movie, I could see the reveal being around June 23rd, the anniversary of its release, much like how the '66 Batcave was revealed on the 50th anniversary of that show's debut.

I hope so...I was beginning to think this was going to have just been a rumour, I thought we would have heard about a set by now...for the 80th anniversary.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:50 AM, MisterBatfleck said:

Sweet, thank you so much! I might just have to get this set for the stickers alone, that Joker card and penny piece would fit well with my 2006 Batcave. And adding the Batwing in really makes it look more complete as well.

I really hope they give us a UCS Batcave in a few years, or at least give us some of the display-pieces in some sets. I really wan't a full sized Joker-card and Penny for a Batcave.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:08 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

I really hope they give us a UCS Batcave in a few years, or at least give us some of the display-pieces in some sets. I really wan't a full sized Joker-card and Penny for a Batcave.

Well the good news is that if you wanted a giant dinosaur for your Batcave, the new Jurassic Park T-Rex D2C set is perfect (though it might be a little oversized). Just remake it entirely with green pieces and you're all set.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:15 AM, J4ck said:

First of all, children are the primary market audience so it’s what they want over what we want. Second of all, Marvel films are highly more successful than DC films hence why they get more movie sets. I do admit though me and many others do feel Lego is disconnected from their fans.

Okay. I understand we’re your coming from but I believe Superman is just as (if not more) important to children as Batman. Superman sets would sell very well (and not ones based from the movies.) -and yes marvel movie perform WAY better than dceu movies but marvel as a Lego theme has had more sets and characters not from the movies. Examples being: the ones from “avengers assemble” tv show in 2014, the 2018 Spider-man sets (witch yeah we’re to go with Spider-Man into the spider verse). And the 2013 marvel sets. It’s just not fair and I believe Lego has gone lazy with the dc line, I feel if they truly put time into the dc sets they would sell like hot cakes.

Just now, JosiahJVL said:

Okay. I understand we’re your coming from but I believe Superman is just as (if not more) important to children as Batman. Superman sets would sell very well (and not ones based from the movies.) -and yes marvel movie perform WAY better than dceu movies but marvel as a Lego theme has had more sets and characters not from the movies. Examples being: the ones from “avengers assemble” tv show in 2014, the 2018 Spider-man sets (witch yeah we’re to go with Spider-Man into the spider verse). And the 2013 marvel sets. It’s just not fair and I believe Lego has gone lazy with the dc line, I feel if they truly put time into the dc sets they would sell like hot cakes.

Sorry, I don’t mean to bash on Lego but, I just don’t thinks it’s fair that Lego doesn’t give their community what they want. I feel very disconnected.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:57 AM, JosiahJVL said:

Marvel gets treated way worse than DC. I have collected almost every set from both since 2012, and DC has waaayyyy better stuff. For one the comics get represented better, the builds are better and less junior all round, and this wave beats anything marvel has had since 2017!

3 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Sorry, I don’t mean to bash on Lego but, I just don’t thinks it’s fair that Lego doesn’t give their community what they want. I feel very disconnected.

So innceorrect. DCs 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2019 waves were primarily comic/cartoon based, not movies , and in 2017&18 there was also the Lego batman movie!

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Marvel gets treated way worse than DC. I have collected almost every set from both since 2012, and DC has waaayyyy better stuff. For one the comics get represented better, the builds are better and less junior all round, and this wave beats anything marvel has had since 2017!

So innceorrect. DCs 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2019 waves were primarily comic/cartoon based, not movies , and in 2017&18 there was also the Lego batman movie!

So true, dc has gotten the bigger niftier and grittier sets more than any marvel sets, plus LEGO played it safe because this wave is literally the 2012 Batman line redux, but way better, I love all the sets coming out, dc has gotten Arkham asylums, Batcaves, enormous bat vehicles, and tons of movie sets, marvel ever since 2013 has gotten one or two sets and 30 something Spider-Man sets that tries to tie in the cartoons or shows, but seriously I am too excited for the upcoming wave, it will be marvelous 

Lego fans always seem to argue about who's worse done to.

Marvel fans are jealous of the Star Wars builds, Star Wars fans are jealous of Marvel/DC printing and DC is jealous of the variety in Star Wars and Marvel sets. Of course they're all jealous of the Harry Potter line

22 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Lego fans always seem to argue about who's worse done to.

Marvel fans are jealous of the Star Wars builds, Star Wars fans are jealous of Marvel/DC printing and DC is jealous of the variety in Star Wars and Marvel sets. Of course they're all jealous of the Harry Potter line

Star Wars fans are jealous of Marvel/DC's printing? How ironic considering according to the Marvel thread, it's basically an act of war if a generic henchmen doesn't have arm, leg and hand printing. 

I always like to see the best in what we get, each theme has something different for what it is, and one theme having more or less detailing or printing than another shouldn't mean that said theme is lazy. DC and Marvel always give out a decent selection of characters for whatever the particular wave is based upon, Star Wars always gives good quality ships, even ones that aren't significant or important, and always give uniqueness to all their characters and Harry Potter in it's resurgence has given a nice sense of nostalgia in good figures with new parts, and iconic scene representation, with the eventual build up to a mass scale Hogwarts with at least one set per wave that gives us a different section of the castle, which in my opinion (despite not having enough room past my old Hogwarts castle for a new one) is pretty cool.