Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

49 minutes ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

Where can you find any pictures of these, specifically the Batcave Clayface Invasion? Brickset, which is my usual go to, doesn't seem to have any

These sets haven’t even been officially announced yet, and no leaks of the builds have appeared. The only things leaked are minifigures and parts of minifigures. If you have instagram, that’s a good place to start.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

The only things leaked are minifigures and parts of minifigures. If you have instagram, that’s a good place to start.

Thanks, I'll make sure to check

I'm still keeping my hopes down, but what if Clayface is brick built in the sense of the most recent Sandman, a minifig standing on bricks? I know I said the same thing about Shazam but it feels like Clayface's figure from the game was a real design, and all the other villains we've seen only have a few things off from being exactly from that game.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:46 AM, MisterBatfleck said:

I know this isn't the place to complain about certain DC minifigures, but after seeing Two-Face from the BTAS DLC pack for DC Super Villains just makes me that more annoyed that Lego opted to go for the bright pink torso Rebirth version from the game, when the perfect design was right in front of them this entire time! Even though it's just a color swap of the 2012 version's torso and legs, it just looks so much better like this, an upgraded 2006 Two-Face with all the right details.

alosrl9.jpg

I totally agree that's why I usually hate it when the comics keep redesigning characters as with all the multiple designs the more original and classic designs we love and grew up on get lost

regarding rebirth two face for some reason it always reminds me of the awful tommy lee jones movie two face

2 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I'm still keeping my hopes down, but what if Clayface is brick built in the sense of the most recent Sandman, a minifig standing on bricks? I know I said the same thing about Shazam but it feels like Clayface's figure from the game was a real design, and all the other villains we've seen only have a few things off from being exactly from that game.

that could really work with the option to make him minifigure sized and then larger scale with add on lego pieces

1 hour ago, TheGlynreaper said:

what if Clayface is brick built in the sense of the most recent Sandman, a minifig standing on bricks?

I would love if he was like Sandman, because they just released a brick built clayface with TLBM, so having a minifigure version to display beside him would be perfect.

The new Commissioner Gordon minifigure is on Instagram.  Looks good, though personally, I think I'll stick with the LEGO Batman Movie version.

15 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Gordon looks good, although the leg printing is way off

He really should've had dual-molded legs if they were to even try the overcoat look. :def_shrug: 

Well, at least his torso print doesn't necessarily need those legs, as it can be paired with any other pair of legs for more of a waist-length jacket instead.

I hope that leg printing is bad because it's an early in production figure, but if it's not then the figure is better without it. 

Gordon looks like he’s wearing a long cardigan.

For some reason the angle Batman is photographed from makes him look out of shape and jolly. 

Gordon looks great, but yuck that leg printing is awful. Hopefully it'll be better when it actually comes out, although either way I fear we'll have another Old Ben Kenobi on our hands.

Oof, those legs are bad. Maybe it's just that particular one, and the lighting, but if it looks like that on all of them, I'm swapping his legs out for some unprinted brown ones.

Oh wow those legs were the last thing I was expecting when the leaks mentioned it being "extended to the legs", yeesh. But the good thing is it can be easily fixable with a pair of regular brown legs, like how he looked in Lego Batman: The Videogame.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

38 minutes ago, williejm said:

But surely this thread is normally full of cries for ‘more leg printing’ ... 

Only if the outfit demands it. In this instance it is a nice idea as Gordon is synonymous with his greatcoat. In this particular instance the print is a little off, so either they botched the print entirely, or it’s a test run and this is a one-off. Either way it’s not the best look but not disastrous and people have remedied it. Is it the wrong kind of moaning for you?

Commissioner Gordon looks awesome!
They've recreated his face perfectly. The torso looks great too.
As many others have said, I hope the leg printing will be better aligned to the torso in the final design.

Regards,
Mitch

Gordon looks pretty awesome for the most part but I agree with everyone about the leg printing looking off. He definitely would have benefited from dual molded legs rather than having the coat printed on the front.

It looks way better than I thought, the torso is perfect, the left side of the leg print nis just obviously so far off. I just wish we got older grey haired Gordon.

The 1966 Alfred head is pretty much as perfect as you could get for a classic grey haired Gordon, which is what I'm definitely using once I get that torso. Though I still can't decide on what hair would fit best for him...

8 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

The 1966 Alfred head is pretty much as perfect as you could get for a classic grey haired Gordon, which is what I'm definitely using once I get that torso. Though I still can't decide on what hair would fit best for him...

I used the Jor-El hair myself

Broken Bat

Edited by Duncan Young

24 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I used the Jor-El hair myself

Broken Bat

That could work, but for some reason I can't see that hair on him and not think of calling him SuperGordon/Gor-El. I just feel like it doesn't fit him properly (though it does sort of resemble his BTAS look to a degree). Bu that's probably the best option I have for now, either that or the Soldier 76 hairpiece from the Overwatch sets.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

13 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

That could work, but for some reason I can't see that hair on him and not think of calling him SuperGordon/Gor-El. I just feel like it doesn't fit him properly (though it does sort of resemble his BTAS look to a degree). Bu that's probably the best option I have for now, either that or the Soldier 76 hairpiece from the Overwatch sets.

Gordon does have the s-curl in a lot of Post-Crisis comics, if it wasn't so Superman-y, it'd be perfect

tec_666_001.png

32 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Gordon does have the s-curl in a lot of Post-Crisis comics, if it wasn't so Superman-y, it'd be perfect

Do you think that the Olympic archers hair piece would work for a younger Jim or would it be too bright? He’s been portrayed as being brown and ginger, it’s just whether the hair/moustache difference would look right.

I quite like the Knightfall-period Jim you have going on there. The BTAS look is achievable from that.